Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for the links guys!

RE AMERICAN IDIOT MUSICAL Backstage Exclusive! - QUIET ON THE SET - YouTube: Poor Jake, he's experiencing the anguish of bladder control.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Thanks for the links guys!

RE AMERICAN IDIOT MUSICAL Backstage Exclusive! - QUIET ON THE SET - YouTube: Poor Jake, he's experiencing the anguish of bladder control.
Yea, he was quite fidget-y..
padfootsprincess02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

American Idiot - National Tour | Meet the American Idiot Tour Cast: Jake Epstein | Tempe - 2 1/2 minute video interview! It includes footage from Jake performing as Will as well.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
American Idiot - National Tour | Meet the American Idiot Tour Cast: Jake Epstein | Tempe - 2 1/2 minute video interview! It includes footage from Jake performing as Will as well.
Thanks for the interview Nicole!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

See more here - All packed up and ready for travel day Mondays! Detroit to Boston! - PHOTO EXCLUSIVE: On Tour with Krystina Alabado and American Idiot

From Idiot co-star Jennifer Bowles twitter.

Krystina Alabado performs "Paris (Oo La La)" at Barre Vermont in LA with Jake Epstein, Talia Aaron, and Tommy McDowell! American Idiot Rocks for Charity! A benefit for Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids and Broadway Impact with the cast of the 1st National Tour of American Idiot!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for all the goodies Nicole! I just got back from seeing American Idiot... It was pretty good. The play itself needs a bit of work with the story and development of the characters.. The actors were awesome. Nicci Claspell did an Extraordinary job. The stunts and perfornances were amazing. And Jake. WOW. He was just WOW. He has improved so much since the last time I saw him perform in Spring Awakening! My sister said that she thought he was the best singer out of the three. All of his numbers were beautiful and you could see his heartbreak during the span of the play. I dont think he couldnt have performed it any better with what he was given. My seats were on the right side and I was able to see Jake fine. In fact I think if I was on the left i wouldnt have been able to see him at all.. So dont worry on seating if youre planning on seeing it. Oh and dont leave after the curtain closes, trust me!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm glad you had a great time! Exciting to hear that your sister, who I'm assuming doesn't have a Jake bias (unlike us ), thought he was the best singer. I'm also relieved you had a good seat on the right side of the stage. At one point it dawned on me that Will's couch probably varies from location to location and I just suggested left because of a Toronto review.

I saw your tweets to Jake and I hope you get a reply. My cat bothers him regularly and hasn't had any luck. She's trying to remain optimistic and thinks that ignoring a new animal in the room is just being polite on cat terms but damn it...how can he refuse her an @ reply. This was her last tweet:

@Jake_Epstein Is that a cat nip cigar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I'm glad you had a great time! Exciting to hear that your sister, who I'm assuming doesn't have a Jake bias (unlike us ), thought he was the best singer. I'm also relieved you had a good seat on the right side of the stage. At one point it dawned on me that Will's couch probably varies from location to location and I just suggested left because of a Toronto review.

I saw your tweets to Jake and I hope you get a reply. My cat bothers him regularly and hasn't had any luck. She's trying to remain optimistic and thinks that ignoring a new animal in the room is just being polite on cat terms but damn it...how can he refuse her an @ reply. This was her last tweet:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ssi/cclove.jpg
@Jake_Epstein Is that a cat nip cigar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
@ the manip.. No reply yet but Im still hoping.. Checking my twitter I noticed that Blake Bashoff (who was in Spring Awakening with him) was also there.. So close yet so far.. The couch is on the far left for most of the play so Id avoid sitting there or else you wont see him because of the way the stage would be.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Spring Awakening Tour: Paranormal Activity - YouTube
"What's your candy of choice Jake?" "What's the point? You know what I mean? If there isn't Buncha Crunch what's the point?" "There's so much better things than Buncha Crunch." "Like what? Like Milk Duds? Like Duds? Milk Duds in my popcorn?"

Buncha Crunch should be a reminder of Jake. If we have a reminders list. IDK. I just wanted to try out linking to a certain time in a YouTube video and this is a cute moment.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Spring Awakening Tour: Paranormal Activity - YouTube
"What's your candy of choice Jake?" "What's the point? You know what I mean? If there isn't Buncha Crunch what's the point?" "There's so much better things than Buncha Crunch." "Like what? Like Milk Duds? Like Duds? Milk Duds in my popcorn?"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...nchacrunch.jpg

Buncha Crunch should be a reminder of Jake. If we have a reminders list. IDK. I just wanted to try out linking to a certain time in a YouTube video and this is a cute moment.
Yea I that video is in my favorites..Its priceless We should totally make a reminders list.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Since I havent posted in here in a while I hope the back to back postings are ok... Jake has just been casted as the lead in the Amazing Spiderman Musical!

Last edited by padfootsprincess02; 11-24-2012 at 06:12 PM
Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Oops. Dp.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Congrats to Jake! Here's the article that confirms it - Former Degrassi star Jake Epstein to play Spider-Man on Broadway - thestar.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Star
“I was totally blown away when it happened,” Epstein told the Star. “I went down and did a standard audition, singing, acting and stuff, and the next thing I knew I was down in the theatre in a harness, learning how to fly. Just a little scary!”

Epstein will begin performances on Dec. 8, initially appearing in the role twice a week and serving as understudy at the other performances to Reeve Carney, who created the part. The assumption is that Epstein will stay with the show and eventually take on the role full-time.
Remember talking about the Murdoch Mysteries episode that Jake would be in? I thought he would be filming it in April/May (thanks Wiki!) but it actually aired then. Jake's episode is titled "Murdoch Night in Canada."

I still need to watch it...then will take more screen caps! Which at the pace I'm going might be next May.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Nicole for he update on he Murdoch Mysteries! Ill need to look that up ASAP.

Last edited by padfootsprincess02; 11-25-2012 at 12:11 PM
Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think today is the day that Jake begins performing! Good luck!!!

A few media mentions:
"Degrassi" Star Jake Epstein Will Make Broadway Debut in Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark - Playbill.com
ET Canada – GlobalTV.com: Global Television Official Site – From ‘Degrassi’ to Broadway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Canada
When ET Canada spoke to him earlier today, the actor admitted that because he was a nerd in high school, he was a definite shoe-in for the part! “The director actually said to me, ‘we just want you to be yourself for this (audition)’ so I came back into audition revealing a huge part of my awkward part of my teenage self… and they went for it!” he admits. His Spidey senses must have been tingling!
He's not a nerd, he's a weirdo!

I like the pic they are using for some of the press: