Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanified (View Post)
Regardless of Jenna's irresponsibility in ignoring all of the symptoms and ultimately narrowing down her choices, KC is just as much responsible for the fact that there's a fetus at all. It takes two to tango. The both of them dug their own grave by failing to use a condom and now they both must pay the consequences for their incompetence! I'm appalled that KC seems to think that just because Jenna is the one burdened with having to carry it, that this somehow makes her the only one responsible for it. That's not how it works, KC. This child is just as much your's as it is her's!

Honestly, while I despise Jenna, I have a little more respect for her than I do for KC right now.
You make a very good point, and I wonder if the writers have done that to try and gain Jenna popularity and support. If so, it was a really bad idea and it's turned out that people are now shunning them both... they're irresponsible, selfish and stupid, and not fit to be parents at all

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineSoBright23 (View Post)
You make a very good point, and I wonder if the writers have done that to try and gain Jenna popularity and support. If so, it was a really bad idea and it's turned out that people are now shunning them both... they're irresponsible, selfish and stupid, and not fit to be parents at all
Agreed!

I wouldn't be surprised if this was another ploy to make Jenna appeal more sympathy from the viewers. I really have no remorse for either one of them. I'm especially disappointed in KC though for failing to man up and take responsibility for what is 50% his. It sickens me when dead beat fathers aren't man enough to step up to the plate.

Emanified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Extreme Fan

I get the feeling that the K.C. issue will be irrelevant, as Jenna won't have the baby. (something will go wrong or she will go for a late term abortion)

We all know Jenna would suck as a mother (which won't make people like her), so they'll have her lose the baby to garner more sympathy.

Emanified, your profile picture always makes me smile. I've decided that you're actually Marissa and she isn't dead...
Old 09-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
I get the feeling that the K.C. issue will be irrelevant, as Jenna won't have the baby. (something will go wrong or she will go for a late term abortion)

We all know Jenna would suck as a mother (which won't make people like her), so they'll have her lose the baby to garner more sympathy.
Likely! Miscarriage is the only pregnancy angle Degrassi has yet to cover. I think Jenna's previous pill popping will probably factor in her either losing the baby or giving birth to a stillborn. That'd be a sad storyline.

Quote:
Emanified, your profile picture always makes me smile. I've decided that you're actually Marissa and she isn't dead...
You got me. I faked my death so I could get away from all the craziness in Newport even though I was heading to the airport anyways. In all seriousness though, Marissa's death never happened. At least not in my world lol.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Even if she does miscarry or have a stillborn, I want it to turn out that K.C. isn't the father. It won't happen, but I want him to be redeemed!

Well, if that Taylor girl tries anything on Ryan, you'd better come back and fight for your man.
I cry every time I see her death scene. And, worst of all, she looks soo pretty even covered in blood.
Also, right before crazy dude starts smashing into them, they pass a sign that says "leaving Orange County" I know that's not really profound, but it feels that way.

I'll stop being Off topic now. (I've just been waiting years to talk to someone about the O.C.)
Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Agreed!

I wouldn't be surprised if this was another ploy to make Jenna appeal more sympathy from the viewers. I really have no remorse for either one of them. I'm especially disappointed in KC though for failing to man up and take responsibility for what is 50% his. It sickens me when dead beat fathers aren't man enough to step up to the plate.
Completely agree, it's worse because when KC was first introduced he was sweet, caring and funny. Now he's gone through the worst character derailment ever
And also, I know a guy who has god knows how many kids he refuses to be responsible for, it saddens me that KC will most likely end up like that.

Quote:
Well, if that Taylor girl tries anything on Ryan, you'd better come back and fight for your man.
I cry every time I see her death scene. And, worst of all, she looks soo pretty even covered in blood.
Also, right before crazy dude starts smashing into them, they pass a sign that says "leaving Orange County" I know that's not really profound, but it feels that way.
I miss the OC

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 09-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

I miss it too, which is why I can't resist indulging just a little more into this OC-related discussion.

Quote:
Oh trust me, I'll be drop kicking her ass. (Though truthfully I adore Taylor; just not a Rylor fan. MaRy = OTP)

Ah, IKR? I was so unsatisfied with how they handled her death. She was a key character from the beginning of the series and they swept her under the rug for Taylor. (who I ended up adoring anyway but that's irrelevant)

But anyways.. sorry to encourage the discussion to stray even further. Back to puke-inducing Kenna:

Quote:
Even if she does miscarry or have a stillborn, I want it to turn out that K.C. isn't the father. It won't happen, but I want him to be redeemed!
This is exactly what I wanted actually. I was hoping Jenna's pregnancy would reveal to KC that she cheated on him because he didn't have sex with her, but of course that didn't happen.

Last edited by Emanified; 09-06-2010 at 12:32 AM
Old 09-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
This is exactly what I wanted actually. I was hoping Jenna's pregnancy would reveal to KC that she cheated on him because he didn't have sex with her, but of course that didn't happen.
I agree, that would have explained the fact that we got no prior warning to them having sex

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 09-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Jenna: I'm pregnant
K.C.: We haven't had sex?
Jenna: ...well...that blowjob in the boiler room.
K.C.: Since when can oral sex get you pregnant?
Jenna: ...

The worst part is that K.C. would probably believe her.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

^

If they did the storyline where the baby ends up a still born, I bet that I would ball my eyes out. That is a very sad storyline. I don't like Jenna at all, but it is still a sad situation. I wonder how K.C would feel?
xxzooyorkxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Add me to the list please
I'm pretty sure this is the only anti-thread that I've joined lol
And the title...so true, so very, very true
Old 09-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, same here. This is actually the ONLY Anti thread I actively participate in. It's partially because I DESPISE this couple and what they turned KC into just to make one half of this disgusting duo remotely bearable. But I'm still going strong. I haven't converted to Kennaism or Jennaism either. Her pregnancy was her own damn fault, along with KC's. It takes two to tango, and they most certainly tango'ed quite a bit if she was already 5 months along. Which leads me to say that her denial, although at first relatable to all teen mothers, is completely idiotic for it to occur for FIVE MONTHS.

I'm just really sad KC, like ShineSoBright mentioned, had to go through the worst character derailment ever just to make this couple as close to tolerable as they could get. Did you all catch those sexist "cheerleader" comments KC said to his bro-mates? He and Drew are like practically the same person now. That being said, I really miss the old KC. He was so lovable, dorky, and just so...sweet and innocent when he was with Clare. All he wanted was to get the girl, and he did, only to drop her as soon as he could when he met Little Miss Innocent (I use that word loosely because she's anything but).

Does anyone else besides me notice a bit of a KC/Clare and Alli/Drew comparison? Only Klare was actually built up and didn't happen based on a mutual physical attraction, and Bianca is way more of a bad-ass than Jenna could ever hope to be. At least Bianca owns up to what she does and doesn't give a damn about it. Jenna is just...infuriating in the sense that she never acknowledges what she does and how many people's hearts she stepped on to get what she wants. That is really one of the only things that's preventing me from liking Alli/Clare/Jenna.

As for more on Drew/Alli and KC/Clare, I think they're similar purely because of what the girls had to go through while their boyfriends were off leering at other girls. Namely, 'boyfriend-stealers'. I'm just really glad that Clare realized she was too good for KC and he didn't deserve her. Honestly, if EClare hadn't happened, I would have just wanted Clare to stay single because now I'm not looking forward to a Klare reunion. Not now, not ever. UNLESS it's only as friends. KC really needs a smart, sensible friend and now that he's on the football team, the only good candidate for that would be Clare.

Last edited by Penny Avenue; 09-06-2010 at 04:07 PM
Penny Avenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Extreme Fan

So, according to my calculations, Kenna existed for roughly seven months. (Heart Like Mine to the Keby episode)
The Keby was spawned five months before the end, i.e. two months into the relationship.
First of all, I think two months is too soon for a lames high school couple, but that aside...

Those two months passed BEFORE K.C. talked about how Jenna caused all his problems. So basically he was sleeping with her and complaining about her. Furthermore, immediately after Heart Like Mine he was scarred or whatever, so I'm guessing their relationship didn't really start seeing each other for a month. So basically Kenna started having sex immediately after they got together or while he was traumatized. What kind of relationship is that?!
Not to mention, I can't imagine how he was attracted to Jenna at all because I think she is painfully unattractive. (picture the season ten character picture of her looking like an aging fat hippie
Old 09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So, according to my calculations, Kenna existed for roughly seven months. (Heart Like Mine to the Keby episode)
The Keby was spawned five months before the end, i.e. two months into the relationship.
First of all, I think two months is too soon for a lames high school couple, but that aside...

Those two months passed BEFORE K.C. talked about how Jenna caused all his problems. So basically he was sleeping with her and complaining about her. Furthermore, immediately after Heart Like Mine he was scarred or whatever, so I'm guessing their relationship didn't really start seeing each other for a month. So basically Kenna started having sex immediately after they got together or while he was traumatized. What kind of relationship is that?!
Not to mention, I can't imagine how he was attracted to Jenna at all because I think she is painfully unattractive. (picture the season ten character picture of her looking like an aging fat hippie
I thought they started sleeping together awful soon! I mean...they got together in the Spring, since it was after the car wash incident that KC dumped Clare for Jenna. It's probably been a little over five months now since they are on Winter break.

It's seriously screwed up that he was sleeping with her when he was ripping her to shreds infront of Clare, blaming Jenna for everything that was going wrong in his life.
SupernaturalLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

^ Gross, I can't believe Kenna lasted for seven months. Their farce of a relationship shouldn't have outlived a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Avenue (View Post)
Yeah, same here. This is actually the ONLY Anti thread I actively participate in. It's partially because I DESPISE this couple and what they turned KC into just to make one half of this disgusting duo remotely bearable. But I'm still going strong. I haven't converted to Kennaism or Jennaism either. Her pregnancy was her own damn fault, along with KC's. It takes two to tango, and they most certainly tango'ed quite a bit if she was already 5 months along. Which leads me to say that her denial, although at first relatable to all teen mothers, is completely idiotic for it to occur for FIVE MONTHS.
Come to think of it, this is the only anti thread I participate in too. I normally don't even bother with anti threads but Kenna are the exception to my own self proclaimed rule. I just hate them that much.

Haha yeah, ignoring the symptoms at five months along is beyond idiotic! Reminds me of that reality show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant." At nine months? Really?

Quote:
I'm just really sad KC, like ShineSoBright mentioned, had to go through the worst character derailment ever just to make this couple as close to tolerable as they could get. Did you all catch those sexist "cheerleader" comments KC said to his bro-mates? He and Drew are like practically the same person now. That being said, I really miss the old KC. He was so lovable, dorky, and just so...sweet and innocent when he was with Clare. All he wanted was to get the girl, and he did, only to drop her as soon as he could when he met Little Miss Innocent (I use that word loosely because she's anything but).
This!

Ugh, I loved KC back then. He had more dimension as the slightly dorky but athletic boy from the wrong side of the tracks. I loved how he had so many different sides to him. Now he's just a flat, one-dimensional jock. Boring.

Quote:
Does anyone else besides me notice a bit of a KC/Clare and Alli/Drew comparison? Only Klare was actually built up and didn't happen based on a mutual physical attraction, and Bianca is way more of a bad-ass than Jenna could ever hope to be. At least Bianca owns up to what she does and doesn't give a damn about it. Jenna is just...infuriating in the sense that she never acknowledges what she does and how many people's hearts she stepped on to get what she wants. That is really one of the only things that's preventing me from liking Alli/Clare/Jenna.
Alli/Drew reminds me a lot more of Craig/Manny actually but that's mainly because there are so many similarities between Miss Santos and Bhandari. Bi on the other hand trumps Jenna in every way. You hit the nail on the head as to why I still consider her character salvageable despite the parallels. At least she isn't constantly painted the victim in self afflicted situations nor does she go around masquerading as Little Miss Sunshine. She's just Bianca and she doesn't give a damn what people have to say about it. Jenna on the other hand is oblivious to her own bitchiness. She doesn't care who she tramples on to get what she wants nor does she even notice the damage she causes in the after effect.

Quote:
As for more on Drew/Alli and KC/Clare, I think they're similar purely because of what the girls had to go through while their boyfriends were off leering at other girls. Namely, 'boyfriend-stealers'. I'm just really glad that Clare realized she was too good for KC and he didn't deserve her. Honestly, if EClare hadn't happened, I would have just wanted Clare to stay single because now I'm not looking forward to a Klare reunion. Not now, not ever. UNLESS it's only as friends. KC really needs a smart, sensible friend and now that he's on the football team, the only good candidate for that would be Clare.
I completely agree! You've eloquently summed up my thoughts better than I ever could.

Quote:

I probably shouldn't laugh at this because it's kind of insulting of Jessica, but LOL. I find Jessica pretty but Jenna severely unattractive if that makes any sense at all.

Last edited by Emanified; 09-06-2010 at 08:49 PM
Reply   Post New Thread