Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Ultimate Degrassi Episode Survivor: Season 5

This season saw the swan song for a Degrassi favorite, the first carried to term pregnancy of this version of Degrassi, one of the most storied of Degrassi relationships put to the ultimate test, and finally, we saw the first ever graduation of students from the new Degrassi. Please consider the 2 part episodes as a whole and vote on it as one as opposed to preferring part 1 over 2. Also take in consideration the b and c plots. For your convenience we’ve listed a brief summary of the episode.

Rules: The first round will last 2 days with the cut off time ending at 12 AM EST on 8/11. From that point on the rounds will last roughly 24 hours. You have only one vote to cast, with the exception of a tie breaker round. Vote for your least favorite episode and the one with the highest tally is out of survivor. The last remaining episode wins!

501/502- Venus
Manny is anxious to pursue an acting career. Unfortunately, she is not prepared for the harsh realities of living out her Hollywood dream. She soon starts to contemplate plastic surgery after a run-in with a sharp-tongued agent. Later, she gets drunk at a party and makes a topless video with new guy Peter, who sends it to the whole school after she turns down his advances. Manny's reputation is ruined and when her parents kick her out for going against their wishes in pursing an acting career, she is forced to move in with Emma and her family. Meanwhile, Ashley tells Ellie in an email that she's staying in England. When Craig finds out that Ellie had kept the news about Ashley from him, he becomes enraged. The two later reconcile and Ellie becomes the new drummer in Downtown Sasquatch.

503- Death of a Disco Dancer
Paige has her entire future mapped out until boyfriend Matt returns a changed man and throws things into chaos. Things go from bad to worse when she smokes weed with Alex and has to interview for Banting University stoned. Derek gives new assistant basketball coach Jimmy problems as he plays around during basketball practice.

504- Foolin'
J.T. thinks his life could not be better until he learns Liberty is pregnant. He finally has enough of her controlling ways when she humiliates him in front of his friends and they break up. Spinner makes a friend in Darcy, who takes him to her Friendship Club.

505- Weddings, Parties, Anything
Downtown Sasquatch has a wedding gig, but things get complicated when Manny and Ellie vie for Craig's attention. Joey has a date with the bride's sister, Diane, but wonders if he's too old for her when he overhears her friends gossiping about him.

506- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Jimmy seems to be developing a new talent for drawing and putting his basketball career behind to the dismay of his father. Ellie helps him explore this new talent but he soon finds that not only is he sabotaging a chance at stardom but also his relationship with Hazel. Danny agrees not to tell anyone about Liberty's pregnancy if J.T. finishes a school project for him.

507/508- Turned Out
After he and Liberty tell her parents about her pregnancy and their plans to rent an apartment for themselves, J.T. soon realizes he doesn't have the money to take care of himself, Liberty and the baby. Desperate for money, he follows Jay's suggestion and steals drugs from the pharmacy and sells them to a drug dealer. Later when J.T. wants to quit selling the drugs, the dealer refuses and when Liberty breaks up with him after finding out what he's done, he overdoses on painkillers on purpose. Emma goes on a blind date with Derek, only to find herself more interested in Peter. Spike has trouble accepting Snake's mid-life crisis when he buys himself a motorbike.

509- Tell it to My Heart
Marco helps new friend Tim come out to his father, but feels guilty when Tim finds out Marco's still in the closet to his own father. Marco comes to the realization that has to finally tell his father about his sexuality and does so while performing on stage as Hamlet. Meanwhile, Emma and Manny plan to get revenge on Peter by having Emma seduce him at a party and take embarrassing photos of him with her cell phone. The plan backfires when Emma starts to realize how little private space Peter has in house- and how much she really likes him.

510- Redemption Song
With the one year anniversary of the school shooting approaching, the students are trying to deal with it in different ways. Spinner's relationship with Darcy is going well, but Jay nearly ruins it by telling her, while the three are on a Friendship Club retreat, that she should have sex with Spinner if she wants to keep dating him. Meanwhile, Jimmy and his friends work on a commemorative mural and Hazel discovers just how close Jimmy has become to Ellie, leading her to end their relationship.

511/512- The Lexicon of Love
At the premiere of Jay and Silent Bob Go Canadian, Eh!, Paige and Alex discover they enjoy each others' company a lot more than they probably should. When they kiss, Paige struggles to deal with her feelings. A conversation with Kevin Smith helps her come to terms with her sexuality and her feelings for Alex. Peter and Emma sneak off at the premiere, only to discover Snake and Ms. Hatzilakos making out. When she confronts Snake about it, he tells her it was a one time mistake and asks her to keep it a secret from her mother, but she can't, leading to Spike throwing Snake out of the house.

513- Together Forever
Craig and the band may finally have a shot at a record deal, but for Craig it means leaving Toronto and his band, particularly Ellie, behind. Liberty refuses to slow down in the last stages of her pregnancy, which causes her to go into an early labor.

514- I Against I
Spinner's newly regained friendship with Marco is put to the test when Linus, the Friendship Club leader, asks him to intercede when Marco plans a safe sex seminar at the school. Emma brings in Caitlin Ryan to help cheer up Spike on the third anniversary of her and Snake's marriage.

515/516- Our Lips Are Sealed
With her life in chaos, especially at home, a desperate Emma seeks control and finds it in the form of a dangerous diet for her and Manny. Later, she takes her purging and avoidance of meals too far, landing her in the hospital. Emma tells Manny about her relationship with Peter. Snake and Spike reunite after he gets some help wooing her back from Joey and Diane. Alex and Hazel try to play nice for the sake of Paige.

517- Total Eclipse of the Heart
Marco decides to take his flirtation with Tim to the next level and they go out on a date. However, when Dylan comes back into his life and declares that he still loves him, he realizes he still wants to be with Dylan. Meanwhile, after learning that her child's adoptive family is moving to Seattle, a depressed Liberty gets drunk and lashes out at her parents and Derek, who tells her that he was adopted and that his birth mother left him with a memory box. J.T and Liberty decide to do the same for their child.

518/519- High Fidelity
Spinner lies to Darcy about being a virgin, but when she finds out the truth about him and Manny, her jealousy and anger over being deceived leads to the break-up of their relationship. Meanwhile, Paige and Alex's relationship comes to an end when Paige becomes too controlling. Spinner and Paige seek solace in the arms of each other, and Alex finds comfort with Jay, officially coming out as a lesbian to him. Later, Darcy apologizes to Spinner and asks him to take her back, only to break up with him again when she finds out about his night with Paige. Paige tells Spinner that their night was a one time thing. Jimmy is told he has to repeat his senior year after missing too much school while recovering from the shooting. He later tells Ellie about his feelings for her, but finds out those feelings aren't reciprocated. A returning Ashley lifts his sagging spirits when she shares a kiss with him. Jimmy forgives Spinner and the two of them make peace. The Degrassi seniors, including Paige, Hazel, Ellie, Alex and class valedictorian Marco, graduate.

As we vote, feel free to discuss the season as a whole here: http://www.fanforum.com/f191/season-...bout-62766434/

Last edited by kaleidocat; 08-08-2011 at 09:23 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Weddings, Parties, Anything
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Total Eclipse of the Heart
nj2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Old 08-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Death of a Disco Dancer

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

vivalalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Death of a Disco Dancer
bailamicorazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Death of a Disco Dancer

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Old 08-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Weddings, Parties, Anything - 4
Total Eclipse of the Heart - 1
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - 1
Death of a Disco Dancer - 3

Step on down Weddings, Parties, Anything. You are the first to go.

Rules: This round will last roughly 24 hours. You have only one vote to cast, with the exception of a tie breaker round. Vote for your least favorite episode and the one with the highest tally is out of survivor. The last remaining episode wins!

501/502- Venus
Manny is anxious to pursue an acting career. Unfortunately, she is not prepared for the harsh realities of living out her Hollywood dream. She soon starts to contemplate plastic surgery after a run-in with a sharp-tongued agent. Later, she gets drunk at a party and makes a topless video with new guy Peter, who sends it to the whole school after she turns down his advances. Manny's reputation is ruined and when her parents kick her out for going against their wishes in pursing an acting career, she is forced to move in with Emma and her family. Meanwhile, Ashley tells Ellie in an email that she's staying in England. When Craig finds out that Ellie had kept the news about Ashley from him, he becomes enraged. The two later reconcile and Ellie becomes the new drummer in Downtown Sasquatch.

503- Death of a Disco Dancer
Paige has her entire future mapped out until boyfriend Matt returns a changed man and throws things into chaos. Things go from bad to worse when she smokes weed with Alex and has to interview for Banting University stoned. Derek gives new assistant basketball coach Jimmy problems as he plays around during basketball practice.

504- Foolin'
J.T. thinks his life could not be better until he learns Liberty is pregnant. He finally has enough of her controlling ways when she humiliates him in front of his friends and they break up. Spinner makes a friend in Darcy, who takes him to her Friendship Club.

506- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Jimmy seems to be developing a new talent for drawing and putting his basketball career behind to the dismay of his father. Ellie helps him explore this new talent but he soon finds that not only is he sabotaging a chance at stardom but also his relationship with Hazel. Danny agrees not to tell anyone about Liberty's pregnancy if J.T. finishes a school project for him.

507/508- Turned Out
After he and Liberty tell her parents about her pregnancy and their plans to rent an apartment for themselves, J.T. soon realizes he doesn't have the money to take care of himself, Liberty and the baby. Desperate for money, he follows Jay's suggestion and steals drugs from the pharmacy and sells them to a drug dealer. Later when J.T. wants to quit selling the drugs, the dealer refuses and when Liberty breaks up with him after finding out what he's done, he overdoses on painkillers on purpose. Emma goes on a blind date with Derek, only to find herself more interested in Peter. Spike has trouble accepting Snake's mid-life crisis when he buys himself a motorbike.

509- Tell it to My Heart
Marco helps new friend Tim come out to his father, but feels guilty when Tim finds out Marco's still in the closet to his own father. Marco comes to the realization that has to finally tell his father about his sexuality and does so while performing on stage as Hamlet. Meanwhile, Emma and Manny plan to get revenge on Peter by having Emma seduce him at a party and take embarrassing photos of him with her cell phone. The plan backfires when Emma starts to realize how little private space Peter has in house- and how much she really likes him.

510- Redemption Song
With the one year anniversary of the school shooting approaching, the students are trying to deal with it in different ways. Spinner's relationship with Darcy is going well, but Jay nearly ruins it by telling her, while the three are on a Friendship Club retreat, that she should have sex with Spinner if she wants to keep dating him. Meanwhile, Jimmy and his friends work on a commemorative mural and Hazel discovers just how close Jimmy has become to Ellie, leading her to end their relationship.

511/512- The Lexicon of Love
At the premiere of Jay and Silent Bob Go Canadian, Eh!, Paige and Alex discover they enjoy each others' company a lot more than they probably should. When they kiss, Paige struggles to deal with her feelings. A conversation with Kevin Smith helps her come to terms with her sexuality and her feelings for Alex. Peter and Emma sneak off at the premiere, only to discover Snake and Ms. Hatzilakos making out. When she confronts Snake about it, he tells her it was a one time mistake and asks her to keep it a secret from her mother, but she can't, leading to Spike throwing Snake out of the house.

513- Together Forever
Craig and the band may finally have a shot at a record deal, but for Craig it means leaving Toronto and his band, particularly Ellie, behind. Liberty refuses to slow down in the last stages of her pregnancy, which causes her to go into an early labor.

514- I Against I
Spinner's newly regained friendship with Marco is put to the test when Linus, the Friendship Club leader, asks him to intercede when Marco plans a safe sex seminar at the school. Emma brings in Caitlin Ryan to help cheer up Spike on the third anniversary of her and Snake's marriage.

515/516- Our Lips Are Sealed
With her life in chaos, especially at home, a desperate Emma seeks control and finds it in the form of a dangerous diet for her and Manny. Later, she takes her purging and avoidance of meals too far, landing her in the hospital. Emma tells Manny about her relationship with Peter. Snake and Spike reunite after he gets some help wooing her back from Joey and Diane. Alex and Hazel try to play nice for the sake of Paige.

517- Total Eclipse of the Heart
Marco decides to take his flirtation with Tim to the next level and they go out on a date. However, when Dylan comes back into his life and declares that he still loves him, he realizes he still wants to be with Dylan. Meanwhile, after learning that her child's adoptive family is moving to Seattle, a depressed Liberty gets drunk and lashes out at her parents and Derek, who tells her that he was adopted and that his birth mother left him with a memory box. J.T and Liberty decide to do the same for their child.

518/519- High Fidelity
Spinner lies to Darcy about being a virgin, but when she finds out the truth about him and Manny, her jealousy and anger over being deceived leads to the break-up of their relationship. Meanwhile, Paige and Alex's relationship comes to an end when Paige becomes too controlling. Spinner and Paige seek solace in the arms of each other, and Alex finds comfort with Jay, officially coming out as a lesbian to him. Later, Darcy apologizes to Spinner and asks him to take her back, only to break up with him again when she finds out about his night with Paige. Paige tells Spinner that their night was a one time thing. Jimmy is told he has to repeat his senior year after missing too much school while recovering from the shooting. He later tells Ellie about his feelings for her, but finds out those feelings aren't reciprocated. A returning Ashley lifts his sagging spirits when she shares a kiss with him. Jimmy forgives Spinner and the two of them make peace. The Degrassi seniors, including Paige, Hazel, Ellie, Alex and class valedictorian Marco, graduate.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So the title of the first episode that gets eliminated in this survivor refers to an ad-libbed line at the end of a song by "The Only Band That Matters."

And before I bore you with any more musical trivia, let's move on.....with my vote going to Death of a Disco Dancer

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Old 08-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Death of a Disco Dancer
vivalalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Death Of A Disco Dancer
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread