Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Tristan Milligan/Lyle Lettau #1: Because Tristan's ready for Degrassi... but is Degrassi ready for Tristan?

Tristan Milligan & Lyle Lettau #01

Guess what? Owen has a younger brother! Tristan is out and proud and has his eyes set on running the school. Seriously, he wants it all: school musicals, dance committees and top of the Power Squad pyramid. Fiercely loyal, Tristan is a good friend to have. {x}

Lyle O'Donohoe is an avid Degrassi fan himself and has said that he wanted to be on the show since he was ten! His favorite Degrassi character is Paige and his favorite ship is Eclare. He is also known for voicing the character of Alan "The Brain" Powers on the long running children's TV show, Arthur. Aside from his acting gigs, Lyle does a co-op for a funeral business.

// Tristan on Twitter // Lyle on Twitter //
{Supporters}
01. Nekoshoujo
02. JustMe2000
03. mellifluouscloud
04. hot_vanilla

{Reasons}
01. Because it's nice to have a character that's out and totally okay with it!
02. Because first impression aren't always the best impressions...

Last edited by JustMe2000; 09-15-2015 at 10:35 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Damn, he makes Marco look almost subdued.

I guess you can add me to his list since I've put myself on the list of the other newbies.

The dynamic between him and Owen should be fun.

Thanks for starting- and this is a great title.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Damn, he makes Marco look almost subdued.

I guess you can add me to his list since I've put myself on the list of the other newbies.

The dynamic between him and Owen should be fun.

Thanks for starting- and this is a great title.
pft I know! I was thinking what if I hate all these kids then I realized I won't. I'm detached enough to like everyone these days. And added.

I am looking forward to Owen/Tristan scenes. Thinking about these two makes me want rethink Owen's past jerk moves. I'm not blind to that being the point, I just think it was a good move on the writer's part. Owen has been making some changes lately so showing his family might just win me over.

On the Tristan front, I'm also excited about his friendship with Tori. I hate that romantic relationships get in the way of all the boy/girl friendships so I appreciate that this won't be an issue for Tristan and Tori. But it's kinda neat that the core friendship duo isn't another Manny/Emma or Alli/Clare dynamic. Of course that might change once they meet up with the other niners, I just hope it doesn't.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Another pretty and helpful OP. Thanks for starting this up Asya!

Yeah, I'm mostly interested in his relationship with Owen. It's very curious that he has a younger gay brother. I can't remember all of the dialogue exchanged between him during the bullying of Adam...is it possible that it was more about Adam being a transgender. Like it was some sort of weird battle of the sexes and it was felt that Adam was on their territory/he's not a member of the club. I don't agree with that obviously, but I can see it being some twisted and immature rationalization. I dunno. Don't mind me.

I'm also surprised that Tristan is out as a grade 9. That's pretty ballsy. His family (parents anyway) must be supportive. Very curious about this.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Can I be added please?
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

^ Added!

So Tristan's profile talked about him wanting to join lots of clubs, I would love if this means they're going to be showing different school activities this season. Also a boy on the power squad would be great... he can keep Oskar's legacy alive. I'm also hoping Tori joins in on these activities. We need a power duo that's not a couple.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Thanks for the add!
I cannot wait to see him on the show
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

We got a new promo pic of him from the degrassi tumblr:
Degrassi Returns with New Episodes in February!

There's also a new promo you can find in the spoiler thread with some new Tristan clips.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm really excited to see how Tristan and Owen's relationship plays out.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

We didn't see much of him last night but I enjoyed what we saw. You can tell that he and Tori are really close and I'm excited to see how that progresses throughout the season.

I got the feeling that Zig and Tori were romantically involved in the past and it ended badly. To me it seemed like Tristan was being the good BFF and on team Zig Is Evil because of that. I think if something happens with Tori and Zig again that Tristan is going to be really upset.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

I'm really excited for this character. We only saw a few snippets of him on Monday's episode, but I like what I saw from the promos. I'm looking forward to his friendship with Tori and his relationship with Owen.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

So Tristan last night was nice! He didn't say much but I think they're doing a good job of displaying the dynamic between him and Tori. I also think Tristan isn't going to be so keen on Tori and Zig rekindling their romance- and with good reason. Everyone's been there at some point, you spend months consoling a friend about a breakup and bad mouthing their ex only to watch them reunite. And I'm sure if Tristan says anything bad about Zig now it will upset Tori. So complicated but actually interesting.

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 02-25-2012 at 10:54 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:50 AM
New Fan

Hey! Just figured I'd bump our man to the top since we all know he's going to be awesome tonight.
Dtngislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So what do we think now we that got our first significant exposure of him?

I'll say this much. The little bit with him and Owen was great.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

I'm really excited about Tristan's part in season 12. They did a good job of giving him just enough material in 11.5 so that we could get to know him. But I imagine he'll have a bigger role to play with all the controversy getting stirred up this season. What I'm really excited about is seeing Tristan interact with some new kids. I really enjoyed seeing Adam act as a kind of mentor toward him and if they're both working on the play my hope is that we see their little relationship continue. But the possibilities involving Tristan/Dave, Tristan/Becky, and Tristan/Eli all sound good to me. Although I guess Tristan and Eli will get along all right. They both a have a little drama queen in them.
Reply   Post New Thread