Tristan is my favorite character

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Can you tell us about Tristan’s story line for Next Class?

For Tristan there is a lot of growth that he has as a character. He’s definitely in a different point of his life now. I also think that fans will be very satisfied with what they see in Next Class with Tristan if you’re a Tristan fan. If you’re not a Tristan fan, you’ll probably be annoyed because he’s featured a lot. (laughs).

If you’re not a Tristan fan you might not like Next Class for Tristan. If you like Tristan, you’ve liked the story lines he was getting, I think you’ll be very happy with the story that he’s given this season.

I was more happy with them anyway, I was entertained with them more than I was other seasons, so that’s something.
source: Exclusive Interview with Degrassi’s Lyle Lettau | TalkNerdyWithUs

So now we know what he was talking about. I haven't read many fan reviews or reactions so I don't know what the fandom is saying about Tristan. I remember Emma got a backlash from the episode Secret so maybe the same could be said of Tristan. He just had a scare but I can see why some wouldn't like that he wasn't protecting himself. "This isn't a list of suspects, it is a list of victims."

Well, I loved the plot. Relieved that he is okay! Looks like humiliation was enough of a Degrassi lesson for him. I think that might have taught a harder lesson. Seems like some don't take stis seriously and think there is a quick cure.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
source: Exclusive Interview with Degrassi’s Lyle Lettau | TalkNerdyWithUs

So now we know what he was talking about. I haven't read many fan reviews or reactions so I don't know what the fandom is saying about Tristan.
He's gotten some backlash this season about the comment he made in the first episode about Miles not being able to decide if he likes boys or girls. I'm not sure if there's anything else.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I wasn't offended and I'm bi. So...thank you Degrassi fans? I do get where they are coming from. People are dismissive of the validity of sexual fluidity. I've always felt like I'm on the outskirts of the straight and gay clubs because they want you to pick a team.

I don't think Tristan meant bisexuals in general. I get where he is coming from. He feels he keeps being pushed aside. He doesn't know if Miles is using him for experimentation. He wants Miles to take him as seriously as his girlfriends. I don't think his insecurities are all in his head. And I think Tristan knows it isn't a bisexual thing. It is a individual thing. Tristan just blew up under pressure of the campaign and his love life. It would feel like Miles is trying to get to you if you see him flirting with another girl or guy right after you had this huge romantic moment.

I'm pretty sure Lyle was referring to Tristan sleeping around and having STD concerns. Degrassi didn't tack on a reason why either, unlike Emma in Secret. I can see why that might turn some viewers off. I just feel concerned. And curious why Tristan feels that way. It makes me sad because he used to be this romantic like Vijay. Now he is so jaded. Be happy and healthy Tristan!
Old 02-03-2016, 06:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okun (View Post)
BTW I don´t think Tristan is biphobic. He never had a problem with Miles being into girls as well. He was angry and said the first thing that came to mind. If Miles would have been flirting with a guy he´d just have thrown a different insult at him. What was really uncalled for of both of them was to have this argument in public in the first place.
What made Miles flirting with the girl (which he probably forgot about right after because it wasn´t important) so big an issue was that they obviously didn´t talk after they fooled around. If they had and decided to give it another chance Tristan would be on more safe ground and would have probably told Miles in private that he didn´t want him flirting around. With that not being clear he must think that everything just has been his imagination.

Well I thought they gave an explanation for Tristan´s fooling around with all those guys. He didn´t want a relationship as long as he´s not over Miles (mature decision) and Zoe suggested that it doesn´t mean he can´t have some fun. So probably just a distraction to get Miles out of his mind and probably a little push for his ego.
And maybe he even needed to let go of his big romantic expectations and come to the reality to be with Miles somewhere in the future.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Always scandalous, that Tristan!

It’ll be a political sex scandal. I’ll be impeached. Oh, no. I’m a Clinton.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

I am so in love with Tristan (and Triles)

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Now that Tristan has a more realistic view on things IMO it would be a good time to bring Yates back but by the timeline it should be about a year since he´s gone so I don´t think they will.
But now that I can see in NC what they wanted to do and obviously weren´t allowed to do before I think that might be the reason why they never brought him back in the first place. They wouldn´t have been able to fully explore the topic and beat around the bush at the same time.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wish they'd bring back Yates, too. We never got proper resolution to that story line and it's like the writers want only Triles to be Tristan's big recurring plot. But Tristan's trust issues go way beyond his failed relationship with Miles and I still can't believe they allowed Tristan and Maya to make up (for no reason TBH, as of Next Class) only for Tristan to still not completely see what Yates did. I know not everyone is able to come to terms with that kind of trauma on anyone's time frame, but considering what show this is, I take it as the story line being finished due to the writers lack of interest.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Marc Bendavid is in Dark Matter now so I don't know if his schedule would allow it or if he would want to. But I'm sure he would be flattered that he creeped out so many people and they want him back. I do too! And I think Lyle would appreciate that we loved the storyline.

Okun has good insight into why Tris was fooling around. TPTB could have spun it so that it had to do with residual trauma from what Yates did to him. Or that realization could happen later. No expiration date on those types of issues.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, that storyline made a good job in creeping me out, too but to make it a really good one IMO it needs a follow up.
If Marc Bendavid doesn´t have the time to have another appearance I think it´s possible to do the follow up without him being on screen. Actually after Yates came back to my mind I also thought that you can easyly twist Tristan´s sleeping around to a follow up of what Yates did to him. They could start talking about it, maybe resolving the storyline by him finally reporting what happened.
That´s easily done without an on screen appearance of Yates.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Honestly, if Marc Bendavid is busy, then why not recast? It's not that unheard of and Yates hasn't been seen since 2014. I'd rather have the original actor, but it wouldn't be the first time Degrassi recast a minor character.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Maybe they don't need Yates? Maybe Tristan becomes close to becoming a victim again. Or isn't but misreads the situation and begins to question his own judgment. Victim's guilt. Fun stuff writers! Feed the fans more Tristan drama!

This is my new favorite.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Now I think they really need to tackle Yates. I saw someone writing on tumblr that Yates would have been good for Tristan till Winston came around and told that Yates had groped him.
IMO the manipulation was so obvious without this bit of information from Winston it always made me cringe when I had to watch them kissing. But if there are really people out there who thought he was good for Tristan then that is even more reason to finally give a follow up to their storyline.
And BTW even Lyle said in an interview that no 15 year old is ready for a relationship with a teacher.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

I've seen opinions like that, too. Thankfully, those people are in the minority. I agree that the Yates thing should be addressed. It's overdue at this point. Sadly, I'm thinking the story line has been dropped. If they ignored the issue for the entirety of season 14, including when Maya and Tristan made up and when Tristan felt used by Miles, would they really bring it up now?