Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Tristan's relationship with Mr. Yates seems to be on a cliffhanger. Where do you see it going?

I kind of wish that this went on longer. At some point Tristan is going to realize that what happened was inappropriate and Mr. Yates doesn't have his best interest in mind. I would have liked to see Tristan see Yates move onto another student and that is his wake up call. This could still happen but it will be harder to show since he is no longer at the school.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

^ Yeah that would have been awesome to see but the timing wouldn't feel right anymore. Even if he gets to come back to Degrassi he's going to be under Simpson's watchful eye and I don't think he'd risk coming on to another student.

I was actually pretty happy with the way this storyline ended because it's pretty clear it's going to continue somehow. It does not feel over at all. I'm ready to explore what Tristan's been going through and dealing with lately. Not just with Mr.Yates but with his family as well. Hopefully we get to that and it's not simply dropped.

Then again it seemed that way with the Clare/Asher storyline too and that went nowhere. :\ Hopefully this time around is different otherwise part 2 was way too rushed.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
This storyline really works for his character! We've seen him trying to impress Zoe and others to a point where he seems a bit desperate. This season I've really gotten the sense of his desire to fit in and as the season has progressed I actually appreciate the Paris episodes now. TPTB have had some good follow up to Tristan's issues.

I hope it does! But if it doesn't I'd like to see Miles offering some comfort or advice to him once he finds out about Yates.

After all this I think I am really going to want to see Tristan in a healthy relationship and I hope it is with Miles.
me too and yes it is a question of when.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
I was actually pretty happy with the way this storyline ended because it's pretty clear it's going to continue somehow. It does not feel over at all. I'm ready to explore what Tristan's been going through and dealing with lately. Not just with Mr.Yates but with his family as well. Hopefully we get to that and it's not simply dropped.
We don't have many episodes left this season do we? Now I'm getting concerned. I imagine that there will be some focus on Tristan repairing his friendship with Maya...which is fine and all...but I want to see more of this situation with Yates! Remember Degrassi Jr. High's Lucy and her creepy teacher? He came back later as a substitute teacher. Maybe the same thing could happen here. But the only thing is that authorities were never involved. Hmmm! I just don't want this storyline to be over. I've enjoyed it quite a bit.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

One thing I really liked was that little mention of Yates making a move on Winston. It served as a good way to show (not just Tristan, but the fans who may have actually shipped Tristan/Yates) just how much of a predator Yates was, and that to him, Tristan wasn't special. He was just next.

Lane Dorsey seems to be the resident photographer for much of the Degrassi cast. Here are some shots of Lyle (and someone else) he did from a photo shoot the other day.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
One thing I really liked was that little mention of Yates making a move on Winston. It served as a good way to show (not just Tristan, but the fans who may have actually shipped Tristan/Yates) just how much of a predator Yates was, and that to him, Tristan wasn't special. He was just next.
Yeah, I really appreciated that. I kinda wish we could have witnessed it onscreen and seen his reaction, but we still got one. I wonder how all this will impact his future relationships - romantic and possibly friendships. He might have some trust issues there. Don't break his heart, Miles! (I also wonder if anyone has made any music videos of the Yates/Tristan storyline, in a creepy way not romantic.)

Anyway, the main reason I'm bumping this thread is because it is Lyle's birthday. Hope he has an awesome day!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope we learn more about Tristan's home life this season. Or like others said, see how the whole Yates thing will affect him now that he knows the truth. And of course I want to see how Tristan/Miles is going to go. I'm glad that rumour about Lyle leaving wasn't true, I love Tristan too much lol. Hope Lyle had a good birthday though

Also, can I be added to the list please
Eclare4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, we really need to hear some follow up about his parents. I'd like to see him bring Miles home for dinner or something. Maybe do a compare and contrast between the two households if Tristan's parents are supportive of the relationship and Miles are hesitant because of his dad's campaign.

Lyle in Paris.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Can I be added to the list?
socialfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialfirefighter (View Post)
Can I be added to the list?
I can add you! Is anyone else missing from the list?

This is one of the better tweets I've seen out of the cast lately.

I can't wait to see the photos that shoot turns out.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I definitely want to be added.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

During the 14B episode run I remember a writer tweeting about a previous Tristan plot being an inspiration for a future one (or maybe a season 14 episode that didn't air yet at that time) and I can't find it now and I'm going crazy. This is the closest thing I got: "Teaser for my ep @Degrassi is up! Super happy I got to write a story for @LyleLettau. I heart Tristan." This was awhile go. I think I should let it go. I'm just curious what season Tristan is the favorite. Alright writers I will no longer stalk you. Swear I was only looking for Degrassi tidbits like "I doubt any of my friends have seen Degrassi since we all had big (HUGE) crushes on Liz and Spike in junior high."
Old 09-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have to admit that has me intrigued. He's had.. 13? Worrying about Zig taking Tori away, impersonating Maya online, trying to get his first kiss, the heart attack that was never mentioned again, stuff with Miles (Paris edition), fake steroids, Yates, stuff with Miles (Toronto edition), online dating. I just wonder which one it was. I want to believe it's actually something involving body issues, but I doubt it.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think it was after the date episode if I'm not mistaken, I recall seeing the tweet around then.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

This one?
Eclare4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread