Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Me too. Rumor has it that it was originally planned to make Peter and/or Drew bi, but they coped out. I'm hoping they'll go there with Miles, but maybe not, because Eric acted embarrassed that his first on-screen kiss was a guy. He might have to get used to it fast!

minkyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
Me too. Rumor has it that it was originally planned to make Peter and/or Drew bi, but they coped out. I'm hoping they'll go there with Miles, but maybe not, because Eric acted embarrassed that his first on-screen kiss was a guy. He might have to get used to it fast!
Yeah I heard that about Drew and Declan too. And about Eric being embarrassed, he seems pretty awkward and embarrassed about most things lol, but not really on screen. Maybe he'd be able to pull it off if he had to! It's nice to see other people that want the two together though! I just have to keep reminding myself it's pretty unlikely.
Eclare4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I've been hearing rumors about this being Lyle's last season ever since Melinda tweeted they were moving to L.A. together. However they refer to Lyle as "former" Degrassi actor here:

Hayley Hruska Photography: Recent shoot with my lovely friend, and former...
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavealife2uknow (View Post)
I've been hearing rumors about this being Lyle's last season ever since Melinda tweeted they were moving to L.A. together. However they refer to Lyle as "former" Degrassi actor here:

Hayley Hruska Photography: Recent shoot with my lovely friend, and former...
Have we heard anymore updates on if Lyle has left the show? Any sort of formal announcement?
Old 02-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I haven't heard anything. It seems pretty common for cast members to go down to LA for pilot season, but return to Toronto later on. There's always a few each year that do that. Cristine is one, for instance, that did it this year. I don't know if that's the case with Lyle. Melinda's back in Toronto, though.

Oh and fwiw, that link removed the "former" in the description of him.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Tristan is getting some storylines! The most talked about is of course his student/teacher relationship with Mr. Yates. But what about his fears that his parents are going to divorce? Think we will see any follow up to that? Meet his parents (I don't think we have yet)? Will any of this bring big bro Owen back?
Old 04-14-2014, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder what's gonna happen with mr Yates.... He's into Tristan?
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:52 AM
New Fan

It's really creepy for Mr. Yates to be into Tristan, if he is. Of course, from what i've seen of Yates, he seems really manipulative, so part of me thinks he's just dragging Tristan around on purpose to shoot him down again. Which would make his mention of that creepy romance book just another way to get Tristan to fall for him, having mentioned it on purpose. At least that's what I'm hoping... I really don't want a creepy teacher molesting Tristan. I'd rather see him get crushed, for his own safety. He always seems to bounce back rather quickly, right? I think if Tristan's parents weren't going through what they were, he would have a clearer mind and steer clear from Mr. Yates. But Mr. Yates was there when Tristan was upset about his parents, and it made Tristan feel a connection. He leads a club thingie in an area where we all know Tristan wants to dominate. Tristan's thankful to have something to distract him from his family problems.
Plus, Mr. Yates keeps hinting towards having feelings for Tristan, and has any guy ever done that to Tristan? I know Tristan's had feelings for guys in the past, but have any felt the same? I honestly can't think of any, if they have, it must've been short-lived. Tristan could fall for this simply because he's finally getting attention from somebody.
On the other hand, it's good to see Tristan playing more of an important role than that of a supportive character. I'm used to seeing him being the one giving Maya and Tori advice and being worried about their love lives, and it's good to see them being worried about his, now.

@kaleidocat I hope they bring Owen back! It would be neat to see him talking to Tristan about the parents and such, maybe even advice on the creepy pedo teacher.
degrassibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked tristan when he helped maya out with zig and miles and was there for zoe. now him and maya aren't going to be friends anymore.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Old 07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

I didn't expect to like this pedophile storyline but actually I was surprised how into it I got. I think it's the best storyline Tris has had so far. Lyle surprised with the how well he handled the material. Plus usually Tris is pretty concerned with superficial things so it was a nice way to back a serious issue (an adult coming on to a student) into what something seemingly frivolous (a crush on a teacher). So basically nice pick using Tristan for this storyline and kudos to showing how creepy this is and not playing it like a ship a la Paige/Matt or Sav/Ms.Oh.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I was so uncomfortable watching the episode. It made my skin crawl just... ugh. Yates is a creep and I hope he goes to jail.

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

triles may happen.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Plus usually Tris is pretty concerned with superficial things so it was a nice way to back a serious issue (an adult coming on to a student) into what something seemingly frivolous (a crush on a teacher).
This storyline really works for his character! We've seen him trying to impress Zoe and others to a point where he seems a bit desperate. This season I've really gotten the sense of his desire to fit in and as the season has progressed I actually appreciate the Paris episodes now. TPTB have had some good follow up to Tristan's issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
triles may happen.
I hope it does! But if it doesn't I'd like to see Miles offering some comfort or advice to him once he finds out about Yates.

After all this I think I am really going to want to see Tristan in a healthy relationship and I hope it is with Miles.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
triles may happen.
It's only a question of when...