Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Yay! Not alone!

I gotta say her new photos were super cute. I think she looks really good in red.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Red is so her color!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

^ Totally is. Let's hope the wardrobe people remember that when we see her out of uniform this year.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Im excited to see Toris "regular" clothes!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So....Tori's new revelation as the lead in a remake of Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing.

What do we think about that? Is this just going to be one of those one off lines that never gets mentioned again or will it actually factor into things later on?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Every time we see her, I love this girl more and more. She's really starting to become a favorite of mine. I have a feeling her "secret" will play into Zig's storyline. Maybe she feels he's keeping something from her and this is a counter balance? Not sure how that works but it just seemed like it was meant to be noticed.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
So liking Tori might be an unpopular opinion but I really don't think she's as bad as people suggest. She even seemed to have Maya's back in the finale. Guess Tori can be prickly till you befriend her. But I also think once she does make friends she tries to keep them. I get the feeling Tori will be taking a back seat this season in favor of giving Maya, Tristan, and Zig some solid screentime. But that might just work in her favor. I like her best when she's in the supporting role.

I do hope they put some time into exploring friendship issues with Tori. Seems like there could be some great material there.
I don't understadn the Tori hate either.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

^ I think she's starting to win people over. I can't wait to see her in Zig's plot next week. Even though they're dating we haven't gotten to the heart of their relationship yet. I think we've seen Tori more in the context of being a friend both to Tristan and to Maya, so I'm excited.

Random but I love Tori's pink coats- both the leather one and the puffy one. So cute!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think they've toned down Tori and Tristan this season compared to last, and I think that's really helped both characters. I'm not sure how, but I'd like to see Tori branch out from the 'niner group. It looks like all the others have already started that process, I'm looking forward to seeing it with her.

Besides another power squad plot with her and Marisol, that is.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

^ Yeah it has but I dunno I really like Tristan/Tori so I do savor those little moments. They just have a spark to them. One way to play would to just continue with the blink and you miss it offhand moments like their high five at the play try outs or their "yay!"/"oh..." in reaction to Maya's plans. Actually I do really like when they play chorus to Maya's issues.

That said it's good that the writers aren't boxing them into their own friendship zone corner. They can still have something special with each other while still making all of these new connections.

Good point about Tori having the least contact outside of the Niner group. Although I think I'd like to see more of Marisol/Tori. At least more than just seeing them in the background at pep rallies. Although Tori does have play connections too. Clearly they're focusing on Tristan's leading role but maybe we'll get some Tori/Eli or Tori/Dave or Tori/Adam scenes out of the production. Actually she already has a little connection to Adam (and Clare) maybe they could build something there?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Watching the episode last night made me realize that in addition to the above point about not having her branch too much beyond the niner group, they haven't really fleshed out her character as much as the others in terms of her background and family. They have dropped some hints (pageants, failing 4th grade), but we haven't seen her family dynamic like with the others yet (although they need to show us what type of parents could produce two kids as opposite as Owen and Tristan). Of course, prior to this episode we hadn't seen it with Zig either, so it really just takes one concentrated plot. Hopefully, we'll see that plot at some point in the season, if not in the summer, then in the Post-Showdown episodes.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

^ And they're still new. Degrassi usually takes awhile to dive into their character's families. But one bonus to having characters in steady relationships is that it does present opportunities to introduce a family through the significant other.

Spoiler:

I'm guessing Tori's family has money. I've seen enough Toddlers in Tiaras to know you need a serious income revenue to fund pageants. And that's certainly the impression Zig's friend gave us with his Gossip Girl comment. I get the feeling Tori is a spoiled only child. But maybe that kind of family would be fun to explore. Right now almost all the characters with fleshed out home lives have a sibling so it would be a different angle.

It does feel like the writers are making an effort to explore home lives more than in some past seasons. So I'm sure it'll be addressed at some point.

I know some people didn't like Tori's behavior last night but I felt like it made sense for her age. And really she was so in the dark that I can see why she felt hurt. Zig wasn't telling her what was going on or how he was feeling so it just came off like he didn't care. Maya was right it seemed like he was giving her the hot-cold treatment. I hope that they talk in tonight's episode. I have a feeling Tori would be very understanding. It's clear that she does really like Zig and I don't think the fact he's poor would do much to change that.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

and yes I agree about Tori. I like her as well.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Tori seems like the girl you should hate but you can help but love her!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

agreed. I like Tori. She was like how was your first date?