Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

So I guess some will find a way to watch the new episodes next week (thanks to the australian network). I will wait for Netflix and I think others here will, too. So what is the plan with discussions here? *lookingatthemods*
IMO it would be good to have a seperate thread for each new episode (with a spoiler warning in the title). Last season with only two weeks between the canadian airing and Netflix it already didn´t work great for me with five episodes per thread. When I watched one episode and wanted to see the discussion about it it was difficult to not stumble upon spoilers for the next episode because it was in the same thread.
As for the character/ship threads I don´t really have a suggestion besides keeping out of them for seven weeks if you don´t want to read spoilers. :/
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

We've been discussing this and we've definitely been thrown for a loop. I don't think any of us were expecting something like this to happen. We're open to any ideas (including the aforementioned individual episode threads), so if you have a suggestion please post it.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okun (View Post)
So I guess some will find a way to watch the new episodes next week (thanks to the australian network). I will wait for Netflix and I think others here will, too. So what is the plan with discussions here? *lookingatthemods*
IMO it would be good to have a seperate thread for each new episode (with a spoiler warning in the title). Last season with only two weeks between the canadian airing and Netflix it already didn´t work great for me with five episodes per thread. When I watched one episode and wanted to see the discussion about it it was difficult to not stumble upon spoilers for the next episode because it was in the same thread.
As for the character/ship threads I don´t really have a suggestion besides keeping out of them for seven weeks if you don´t want to read spoilers. :/
We could try having individual episode discussion threads again. I spoiled myself once too in the 5 episode discussion thread too and I was trying to only post. Maybe this would bring in more discussion when it airs/streams elsewhere because people won't put off posting because of fear of spoilers.

Not sure how we would keep spoilers out of character/ship threads but I don't know if I expect that much of it either. Hmm.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Would it be okay to continue using the spoiler tags? Because that's what I've been doing in the Zaya thread while discussing the episode descriptions.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Technically, since you're getting that stuff from one of the show's official broadcasters you don't have to use tags. Ultimately, if you still want to use the tags you can as I understand why you would want to, especially in regards to posters that may want to wait until later to watch.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Okay. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have no idea why I just thought about this, but I remember hearing the Degrassi board was going to get a new look. We picked out pictures and someone said they were going to make the header. Is there any update on that? Because I feel like it's been months.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

It´s actually been month and I thought about it recently as well. They were in such a hurry to get our choices and then nothing came of it.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That is a good question. I asked the Graphics Team for an update. When I get a response I'll pass that along.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Alright. Thanks. No rush, obviously. The current look is fine. I was just curious.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Okay, the info I got is that ideally the customization will go up around six months after they start the process on the board. However, as with everyone at , those that are doing this are volunteers and this is a very time consuming process for them, so in reality there is no definite timetable. You can follow this thread for more updates.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's good to know. I'm sure the person making the customization for Degrassi will do a great job.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Agree with that. I gues if they wouldn´t have been in such a hurry to get our choices I wouldn´t have expected to see something new sooner.
Reply   Post New Thread