Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Is there any particular place we should discuss new promos as they come out? Based on the spoiler policy in the OP, it would belong here, not on the spoilers board, but is there a specific thread?
Old 05-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

You can discuss the promo pretty much anywhere on the board. You can also discuss it on the thread on the spoiler board as well, as that's also a speculation thread.

But, as far as the board is concerned, as I mentioned, it's fair game wherever you want to discuss it.

One good place to go would be the What do you want to happen in Season 11 thread.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks!

(...I may or may not have made that thread.. )
Old 06-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

As some of you may be aware, a batch of pictures from the first episode of Season 11 have been released. Normally, we would frown on these pictures being discussed on the boards. However, since most of these pictures aren't any more spoilery than general promos that have been released, we're going to allow discussion, provided there aren't any objections from posters who want to remain entirely spoiler free.

Also, we also ask that you please don't post the pictures (or thumbnails), but rather link any pictures that you want to discuss.

If you have any questions, please ask here or contact myself or kaleidocat through PM.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When does degrassi come back?
Old 01-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

TeenNick will air the next episode, Underneath it All, part 1 on Monday, Feb 20th at 9:00 PM ET. Underneath it All, part 2 will then air at the same time on the Friday after that on Feb 24th.

On that same day, the 24th, and at the same time, Much will air both parts of Underneath it All in an one-hour block.

After that little mess, both Much and TeenNick will then air the remaining episodes on Friday at 9:00 PM ET.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ok thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

We are so close to new episodes! If there is any confusion about spoilers that are posted on YouTube or official sites, has cleared things up:

No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have aired on television or are from general promotional material at official websites and/or aired on places like YouTube are not considered to be spoilers, but extended sneak peaks which give away a lot of information about an upcoming episode are considered to be spoilers.

Pictures from promos that have aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites and/or aired on places like YouTube or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.

The same rule applies to avatars. If you have an avatar of a promo still of an episode not yet aired but the image has been released on YouTube or an official site like MuchMusic or TeenNick, it is not considered a spoiler.

See more of the official rules here: Fan Forum - Announcements in Forum : Degrassi
Old 06-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Board Issues & Concerns - Please Read and Respond 6/3/14

We first would like to thank everyone who is active on the board. We appreciate the discussion and have enjoyed getting to know each of you. You guys have made this fandom very fun! We would also like to address some of the issues we have spotted and hope we can improve on them:

* Do not double post.
We understand that has the occasional hiccup and your post will be duplicated. That is out of your control. But we do ask that you do not intentionally double post. If you are replying to multiple posts we recommend right clicking on "reply with quote" to open the post in a new tab/window then copy and paste so your replies are in one single post.

We ask that you wait at least 24 hours until posting in a thread if you are the last poster. An exception to this is if you have news to share about a cast member or something important to add to a discussion.

* Please credit gif sets or pic spam that you find on tumblr so the fan artist can have credit.

* If a post you are replying to has an image in it please remove the [IMG] code so it does not repost. This is just polite as you do not waste bandwith and others might not want to see the same images repeated in the thread. The same applies to posts with youtube embedded videos.

* We hope you do not find other users troublesome but it does happen. So we would like to take a moment to remind you of 's ignore feature. It will block the user's posts and private messages. To use this visit the person's profile, click user lists, then add to ignore lists.

If anyone is experiencing any problems on the board please use this thread to bring them to our attention. As always, you can contact us via private messaging.

Thank you again to everyone who contributes to this board!

kaleidocat and JustMe2000
Old 06-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

read and understood.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Good Reminders. Thank you, Nicole.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Read and understood. At first I was nervous something else was gonna happen.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Ok, got it
socialfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm sure you are all aware that Degrassi Next Class premieres in Canada on January 4th on the new Family Channel teen block F2N. It will premiere Jan. 15 on Netflix. All 20 episodes will be available to stream immediately. How do you all plan to handle spoilers? How can we help you avoid them at the board? I suppose it makes sense for us mods to put the episodes discussion threads up as they air in Canada? Or we could set up a schedule for us to discuss the episodes on Netflix. I will have to look and see if has other Netflix show boards and how they will handle the situation.

I don't know what everyone is planning on doing but I am waiting for the episodes on Netflix. I think I might need to designate a Degrassi day to focus on one episode. I'm not sure I want to binge watch several at once.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

My plan is the same as your´s. I´ll wait for Netflix and I won´t watch more than one or two episodes a day.

And I decided to stay outa here between the 4th and the 15th. I think even if you avoid the episodes threads (which IMO should be up and without spoiler tag use) spoilers will be all over the board - at least in the current character´s threads.

With the way the show is aired it´s difficult to give a structure or even a schedule to the discussions so I think it´s the best to go with the flow because on the one hand we are in different time zones and on the other hand those who already watched the episodes will be too excited to wait for days to discuss them.
I´ll handle it by reading the already existing discussions and if I have to write anything that hasn´t been written yet I´ll write it.

Last edited by Okun; 12-27-2015 at 02:46 AM
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread