Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Spoilers/Board Concerns & Issues

We did this last Fall, but kaleidocat, my fellow co-Mod, and I have been noticing that some of you have been having questions about what is and what isn't spoilers. That combined with a number of new posters and a slew of new stuff showing up almost daily in anticipation of the movie and Season 10 as led us to feel we should revisit this again and lay out the spoiler policy for everyone, and specifically how it relates to the Degrassi board.

Please read the following and let us know if you understand it. Or if you have any questions, feel free to post here. You can also PM either kaleidocat or myself.

Quote:
Spoilers
• No spoilers about any upcoming Degrassi episodes or story lines are allowed on the Degrassi forum, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.

Pictures
• Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie. This includes the promo pictures for episodes recently posted on the Degrassi thread on the spoiler board. It doesn't, however, include the general season promo pictures that were posted. Those are not considered spoilers.

• Avatars made from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites (CTV and TeenNick) or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Avatars made from pictures of clips, episode stills from official websites, and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode.

Episode descriptions
• Small snippets/blurbs from MSN/TV Guide/Entertainment Weekly etc. are fine.
• Longer episode descriptions (like for example the ones CTV provides), are considered to be spoilerish and should just be discussed on the episode discussion thread until the episode airs. The episode thread will usually be posted about 48 hours before it first airs.
update for June 9th, 2011:

As some of you may be aware, a batch of pictures from the first episode of Season 11 have been released. Normally, we would frown on these pictures being discussed on the boards. However, since most of these pictures aren't any more spoilery than general promos that have been released, we're going to allow discussion, provided there aren't any objections from posters who want to remain entirely spoiler free.

Also, we also ask that you please don't post the pictures (or thumbnails), but rather link any pictures that you want to discuss.

Update as Feb 8, 2013, please note the comment about sneak peeks:

If there is any confusion about spoilers that are posted on YouTube or official sites, has cleared things up:

No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have aired on television or are from general promotional material at official websites and/or aired on places like YouTube are not considered to be spoilers, but extended sneak peaks which give away a lot of information about an upcoming episode are considered to be spoilers.

Pictures from promos that have aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites and/or aired on places like YouTube or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.

The same rule applies to avatars. If you have an avatar of a promo still of an episode not yet aired but the image has been released on YouTube or an official site like MuchMusic or TeenNick, it is not considered a spoiler.

See more of the official rules here: Fan Forum - Announcements in Forum : Degrassi

---------------------------------------------

We first would like to thank everyone who is active on the board. We appreciate the discussion and have enjoyed getting to know each of you. You guys have made this fandom very fun! We would also like to address some of the issues we have spotted and hope we can improve on them:

* Do not double post.
We understand that has the occasional hiccup and your post will be duplicated. That is out of your control. But we do ask that you do not intentionally double post. If you are replying to multiple posts we recommend right clicking on "reply with quote" to open the post in a new tab/window then copy and paste so your replies are in one single post.

We ask that you wait at least 24 hours until posting in a thread if you are the last poster. An exception to this is if you have news to share about a cast member or something important to add to a discussion.

* Please credit gif sets or pic spam that you find on tumblr so the fan artist can have credit.

* If a post you are replying to has an image in it please remove the [IMG] code so it does not repost. This is just polite as you do not waste bandwith and others might not want to see the same images repeated in the thread. The same applies to posts with youtube embedded videos.

* We hope you do not find other users troublesome but it does happen. So we would like to take a moment to remind you of 's ignore feature. It will block the user's posts and private messages. To use this visit the person's profile, click user lists, then add to ignore lists.

If anyone is experiencing any problems on the board please use this thread to bring them to our attention. As always, you can contact us via private messaging.

Thank you again to everyone who contributes to this board!

kaleidocat and JustMe2000

If you have any questions, please contact us through PM.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by JustMe2000; 01-18-2015 at 01:32 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for starting this! Hope any questions that new posters have will be answered here. And if not, feel free to ask.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the refresher!
Avatars made from pictures of clips, episode stills from official websites, and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode.
^ mmm... good I had been wondering about that bit (I couldn't remember if promo pics counted).
Old 07-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Read and Understood
Although I just have a quick question, has all of season 9 aired? I don't watch the show on TV so I'm not sure if it has but just wanted to make sure so I don't discuss possible spoilers

EDIT:
Actually this question is probably dumb considering that they are pumping us up for season 10 so obviously season 9 has aired probably

Last edited by Erinღ; 07-18-2010 at 04:11 AM
Erinღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yep, Season 9 ended a couple of months back.

Or it ended on Friday in Canada and it will tomorrow in the US if you want to count the movie.

Which we were until they decided not to.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Uh, what are we supposed to do when people post spoilers in various threads (other than episode discussion) without using spoiler tags? Someone just posted a HUGE one in the anti-Declan/HJ thread and I have no idea if it's true or not but I wish I could undo seeing it. It's not even on topic for the thread. I know the mods can't keep an eye on every thread; it'd be impossible, but this is becoming a huge problem lately. I only hang out on a few threads and I've had so many things spoiled for me lately because people don't use spoiler tags when they should.

Thanks if you can help...
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Extreme Fan

That spoiler is fake. it wasn't mentioned or even hinted anywhere.
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I edited that post out in the anti-Declan/Holly J thread.

As mentioned, we can't read every post, so we need your help. If there's a specific issue involving a poster or posters posting spoilers on the board, PM either myself or kaleidocat.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Sorry you got spoiled Christine! But as necklace said, the spoiler most likely isn't real. It's been a little bit difficult for me to spot spoilers lately because I'm watching episodes as they air live on TV so sometimes I see things and I'm not quite clear if it's fan speculation, a scene I've missed in a previous episode, or an actual spoiler. Hopefully Epitome cracks down on these leaks! I know they are trying. So like Justme2000 said, please PM us with any repeated issues with any specific users you are having.

Everyone please be respectful to those of us who choose not to be spoiled. The spoiler code is [sp] Insert spoiler here. [*/sp] Only remove the *.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Thank you for the clarification!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Season 11 has started filming and that often brings spoilers so JustMe2000 and I thought that this thread could use a bump. Please take the time to read the rules about discussing spoilers at the board if you haven't already. And feel free to ask us any questions about the rules.

We are aware that some script sides for season 11 may have been leaked. Please do not discuss them at the board as discourages the posting of unauthorized script excerpts. This is not even allowed at the Spoilers board.

If you are ever not sure if something is a spoiler, there is a white out code that helps to keep others unspoiled. Example:

Spoiler:

The code is [*sp]This is a spoiler.[*/sp] Without the * of course.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 AM
New Fan

Thanks for sharing!
mosphiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Read and Understood
Although I just have a quick question, has all of season 9 aired? I don't watch the show on TV so I'm not sure if it has but just wanted to make sure so I don't discuss possible spoilers

EDIT:
Actually this question is probably dumb considering that they are pumping us up for season 10 so obviously season 9 has aired probably
Yes and Season 10 is almost done. you can watch the episodes on teennick.com
Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Mod note- Not the place to post spoilers. Thanks.

Last edited by JustMe2000; 04-01-2011 at 03:17 PM
Magnolia May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Although the thread title might suggest so, this thread isn't for spoilers. It's actually about how we're not supposed to post spoilers.

There is, however, a Degrassi thread in the spoilers board. You could put your spoiler there, and delete it here.
Reply   Post New Thread