Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Space Cadets (Connor/Jenna) #1- How? Why? When? We can't wait to see the questions get answered with these two.

We've all seen the promo, and on Wednesday, The Degrassi Twitter account tweeted the following picture:

That's enough for me to get the ball rolling on this thread. Let's talk all things Connor and Jenna here.

Credit to the one and only Lady Azura for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Why are they wearing NASA uniforms?! This is ridiculous. Okay, I seem to remember a spoiler which may or may not have originated with the original season 12 promo -- the one in which Maya and Cam are kissing "under the stars," indicating that Degrassi would have some kind of astronomy club. But there never was. UNTIL NOW. Jonnor = love in space. Maybe they will actually go to the moon. You never know. I mean this pairing couldn't get much weirder.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Loyal Fan

I used to think it was just connor's dream, until I saw this picture:

So is this "moon" place in the school?

LightSoViolent ϟ
Carolina95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

One crazy combo but who knows this might work out good
Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina95 (View Post)
I think they really go to the moon. I think it's a real spaceship and that's where they're going. Degrassi in Space. Don't forget about all the allusions to Star Trek in the early seasons (TNG, James Tiberius...) JENNA AND CONNOR ARE ASTRONAUTS FOR REAL. When this happens, everyone remember that I called it!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Maybe you're the one that's out of this world.

I guess this is probably for some school project, although I can't imagine what they would do that would force them to be that elaborate.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I don't know...I don't know. The good thing is that it has a lot of fans wondering. And I've been thinking about relationship buildup between all of our couples and I don't know if it is that wacky that they are being introduced now. Jenna and Connor really haven't interacted. Maybe that works better than a pair where one half is more emotionally invested because of a long term crush. I know some people find it satisfying when the person with the crush finally gets what they want but I've always hated that realization that the crushed apparently comes to. I just don't get it.

Quote:
I was hoping it would happen on a school trip to a planetarium or something. But it looks like they are just in a janitor's closet at Degrassi that has been decorated with Christmas lights.

I think a school trip would have actually suited the pairing up since those types of events feel out of the ordinary. What was it that Angela from the episode "Why Jordan Can't Read" from My So-Called Life said? It's like we were all being let out of our cages. It is a bit of simplistic way to sum up field trips but it feels so true. The feeling of freedom seemed intense. Hmmm...Degrassi doesn't do field trips do they? Weird.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I think mostly the problem with couples that are born out of a (formerly unrequited) crush is that the writers tend to screw up the friendship the two characters had, like with dave and alli, that got destroyed in any possible way, as soon as alli finally requited his feelings in season 11.
Whereas some unexpected couples like jay and manny worked out surprisingly well (at least according to me).

Yeah, I can't believe I've never noticed that the school doesn't organize field trips. Guess connor and jenna are organizing their own trip then

I'm wondering, though, if they do actually embark on a relationship, will they at least mention KC or will they pretend he never existed in the good old degrassi style?

LightSoViolent ϟ
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Addicted Fan

None of these other explanations make sense! School project? The janitor's closet is doubling as a fake spaceship? Degrassi can't afford to go on any field trips... much less a trip to a planetarium! Nay, none of these predictions make sense. I stand by my assessment that they are recruited by NASA and find love in space.

On a more serious note TO CONTINUE WITH THE SERIOUSNESS OF MY POST, I think they will mention KC. I mean they have to. They can't just forget about him! I hereby predict KC's name will be uttered at least once. When this happens, everyone remember that I called it!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I agree. Actually, I'll go so far as to say his name will be mentioned within in the first five minutes of their interaction.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Getting back to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Jenna and Connor really haven't interacted. Maybe that works better than a pair where one half is more emotionally invested because of a long term crush. I know some people find it satisfying when the person with the crush finally gets what they want but I've always hated that realization that the crushed apparently comes to. I just don't get it.
I agree. None of the longtime-crush-suddenly-realizes-feelings couples have resonated with me. (Not gonna name names, but I'm thinking of one or two in particular. ) It's just not organic... especially when it's dragged out over several seasons. Why would the object of the crush suddenly reciprocate feelings out of the blue when he/she felt nothing for so long? It's a nice fantasy (I guess), but not realistic.

Anyway, I suppose that rant has nothing to do with our space cadets. Actually despite my joking here I really am looking forward to how this whole Jonnor thing is going to unfold. We have never seen any girl legitimately have feelings for Connor. Jenna definitely seems to have a "type" when you look at her love interests (KC, Jake, Luke) and Connor does not fit that mold. But that could be precisely why they work. I also think that Jenna crashed and burned so spectacularly with Luke, that it might have been a final wakeup call. I wonder what will trigger her feelings -- I have a feeling that she will be the one to pursue Connor, simply because I can't imagine it happening the other way around. My guess is that Connor says something sweet to her in his usual oblivious Connor way, which causes her to see him in a different light.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm not that sure she's gonna be the one pursuing, since she's already made quite a fool of herself going after luke.

It's quite funny, though, back in season 8 and 9 it was connor pursuing clare and jenna pursuing kc when kc and clare were together, and now they're getting together. The old group of niners is basically...in the middle of an indirect orgy Except for alli, although she did kiss kc and jake, and they were clare's love interests.

LightSoViolent ϟ
Old 01-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm not that sure she's gonna be the one pursuing, since she's already made quite a fool of herself going after luke.
Interesting. That's a good point. But how do you think it would happen? I just can't imagine Connor going after a girl. At all. And then Jenna to boot! The way I picture it is that Connor will be completely oblivious to Jenna's feelings until she spells it out for him. I also think Jenna might be attracted to Connor because he's "safe" in a way -- initially, I think, that'll be part of the attraction. But that could grow into something else.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Has anyone noticed in the much music promo that connor and jenna are wearing the same clothes they are wearing when they kiss the second time in the first teennick promo?
Is he in a jealous rage? Why is luke even talking to jenna, didn't becky ask jenna to stay away from her brother? I'm confused, the jenna/connor plot is the only one the promo didn't help me understand. Of all the other plots, I have a pretty clear idea of what the story in general is gonna be, but the jenna/connor's bits in the promos have just left me even more baffled.

LightSoViolent ϟ
Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...

I have no clue what is going on with this two but I'm sort of into it!
find another one 'cause she belongs to me .
Walt Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top