Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiusachan (View Post)
Oh! Fiona visited where she worked. I know Declan did, too, but you know, Fiona and a Texan (?) bar don't seem like they'd mix (and Fiona was more introverted than her brother, so it's a wonder she went to Holly J's job ).
Oh yeah! Well didn't Fiona visit her during Holly J's very first day on the job? That's definitely important!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I honestly don't remember. Lol. I'm on a laptop and it doesn't like loading videos...so, I can't watch the episode. There's also no scripts from Season 9 or 10. Argh. It is very important. But yeah, the twins are a yin-yang. Declan was more extrovert and Fiona was more introvert. She didn't like talking to many people - if anyone. Aside from coming from a wealthy family, I can relate to the fact she didn't want to have conversations with classmates. Fi briefly talked to Mia about Peter's issue with Vickie's meth, but I don't know of anyone else she's talked to as much as Holly J.
Fiona is a person who may not want to have small talk with classmates, but she shines in public when in a big city. Holly J has the same drive as Fiona, but she's not used to the fame aspect of it like Fi is. They learn from eachother. Fiona helps Holly J branch out a bit and Holly J helps Fiona try to stay as levelheaded as possible. Holly J also went through a period of not being down-to-earth from thinking about going to Harvard and such. I mean, it's nice to dream, but her family is having trouble and it was kind of selfish to go on about that. Holly J also has that burden of being in her older sister's shadow - the infamous never seen Heather Sinclair. Fiona seems to be like a sister with Holly J, but in a more healthy manner than her dependence on Declan/her brother was. (See Degrassi Takes Manhattan)

They have opposite personalities. They both want to be the boss, but they've learned to not be as mean as they were before. Holly J is gaining her independence back (taking things a day at a time, working a job at a restaurant, going to school/being vice president of the student council) and Fiona is trying to make her own path without clinging to her brother and trying to keep her sanity/not get drunk.

I like that Holly J didn't abandon Fiona when she was having trouble with the 'craziness' from Bobby's abuse and the fact she was drinking a lot. Holly J really cares about Fiona. She was even there when Fiona finally awoke from her drunken stupor after the exam. She also didn't insult her by calling her names or leaving her side. She tried to get her to admit that she needed help and medication. It's just really beautiful when someone does that for someone else. They truly have become closer since DTM.
Er, it's like night and I may have rambled far too much, hah.
Lexiness or Lexi~ #7 Adam Supporter!~ #22 Misfits Supporter!~
Supporter/Shipper of The Misfits, Eclare, Kenna, Fadam, Savvy J, Elitz, Ziley, Grossmance/Douchebag, Folly J, Team Bianca
http://lexikatness.tumblr.com/

Last edited by regiusachan; 02-03-2011 at 08:07 PM
regiusachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for starting the new thread. The OP is off to a great start. I love being the first supporter!

Oh and btw, if you're worried, Strippers would be fine for a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Oh yeah! Well didn't Fiona visit her during Holly J's very first day on the job? That's definitely important!
That she did. I actually went on TeenNick's site to confirm that it was her first day and the commercials on the episode were for the new Justin Bieber flick. That's going to be so awesome!

Anyway, that scene is one of my favorites with them. Fiona said she was proud of her. There's a reason right there.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Addicted Fan

regiusachan, I love your post. Do you mind if I pull bits & pieces from it for the OP? Like an introduction to their friendship? Orrr if other posters here want to give testimonies, then we can have a testimonial section.

Thanks for the additional reasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
the commercials on the episode were for the new Justin Bieber flick. That's going to be so awesome!
....................oh.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

This ship better happen. I love femme slash.

I dunno, though. It seems to me that this may not go as we all want it to. Fiona I can see being lesbian or at least bisexual from miles away. But Holly J... I'm not sure. I worry that this will be an unfortunate "I love you, too, but not in that way.".
Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Something better happen between these two even if they're not endgame!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

mellifluouscloud: Aww...! I kinda squeaked from reading that. Thank you. So embarrassing! But yes, you may. I didn't even think about that when typing it out. It was seriously late (late for me..despite being like 8 PM) and I was just posting what I was thinking about in regards to the starting of Holly J and Fiona. I was totally not expecting to be thanked for it. It rambled on and on, hah.
I didn't really like Fiona much, despite the fact she and I had the same introvert problem (I still have it, hah, but I'm trying to work on it!), but then she started opening up and I saw where she was coming from (not just some stuck-up heiress type) and then Holly J being her friend and them being there for eachother...that made me like Fiona more. Same with Holly J. I didn't like her at first, either. Then again, this was during my 'OH GOD NEW CHARACTERS, I WANT THE OLD ONES BACK!' time. It took until like the Toby/Holly J scene to make me like Holly J. She was down-to-earth and likable (and Toby is a creep, so, yeah..that's for another thread and this is coming from someone who can ..really relate to Toby. NERDY AND WEIRD).
Danger Zone also made my like for Holly J grow, then yeah, Declan and Fiona came in. I used to love Declan and Holly J, but yeah, the money stuff and Love Lockdown (not gonna start it up again, don't want conflict) killed the shipping for me. But there was a blessing with the Declan/Holly J break-up, cause Declan's sister at least liked her and wanted to be there for her.
Aside from Holly J's stealing of Fiona's money (no matter the value), and I say this as an Eclare shipper, I believe that they are truly eachother's rock. Er, maybe even moreso than Eli/Clare (they're reaching their own breaking point in the final episodes for Season 10).
Supporter/Shipper of The Misfits, Eclare, Kenna, Fadam, Savvy J, Elitz, Ziley, Grossmance/Douchebag, Folly J, Team Bianca
Old 02-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiusachan (View Post)
I didn't really like Fiona much, despite the fact she and I had the same introvert problem (I still have it, hah, but I'm trying to work on it!)
Hey! Being introverted is not a problem. I saw this on tumblr recently and I'm glad I saved it for reference -

See? Nothing wrong with any of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shance (View Post)
I worry that this will be an unfortunate "I love you, too, but not in that way.".
I think it definitely will be that. Unfortunate, but you know... realistic.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

mellifluouscloud: Off-topic, but to address the introvert thing - mine is more than just being introverted and shy. My shyness is amped up to 11 and makes me unable to talk to a lot of people at times. I used to break down in class when I was called to read in front of everyone. Asperger's (Connor's ordeal) or something they (psychiatrist) said I have. Like, painfully shy. I've had a panic attack/panic attacks much like Paige did from Season 6.
So...Fiona's drinking could also be helping her cope with her feelings of being around people, as well as the abuse by Bobby's hands. Plus, she depended on Declan -as a kid- her whole life. That's gotta be damn lonely. Hopefully she makes some more steps to recover after she steps back in the final 12 episodes of Season 10. Holly J and Adam should be there to help her. Maybe her mom, if she visits.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Total Fan

Quote:

I think it definitely will be that. Unfortunate, but you know... realistic.
I think so too, which is a shame. But as long as it doesn't ruin their friendship, I'll be ok with whatever we get

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I guess I'm the only one hoping Fiona goes completely bat **** nuts and totally dives head first into SWF territory.

Speaking of which......

Quote:
....................oh.
Yeah, the movie should be awesome.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Yeah, the movie should be awesome.
Now that I would see!

We at least deserve a SWF-themed mini with Holly J and Fiona. Come on, writers. GIVE US THIS ONE THING.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Mini would be great. Honestly, from the promo it seems like the scene is from Holly J's pov so I kind of think that it's not Fiona's behaviour nor what she says that will be important. I believe that the promo was made that way only to screw with us and the actual plot won't seem suggestive at all. In that scene we will probably find Holly J truly appreciating her beauty, whil Fiona is there with her little line to emphasize it even more. That's my take on what would happen because we seem to be getting much more of Fiona and Adam. But I guess we will have to wait for the episode. Either way I should be satisfied, because even though I like Fadam I'm not particularly invested while Fiona/Holly J would be great.
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Total Fan

I don't think the show will go there. It's too similar to Palex and after Holly J dated Declan it'd be weird and a little like a replacement for her to then realize she has feelings for Fiona. But I still love them

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's too similar to Palex
that would be my only problem if they got together.

i would really enjoy a mini with them together. lol.

I almost wish they wouldn't go down this storyline at all. I do ship them together and maybe if palex never existed i would feel different but i think it's almost a pointless story line. especially if in the end Fiona is like "nope, not a lesbian." it really won't serve any purpose and i have a feeling that might be what happens.

As long as they stay friends though, i'll be happy. I don't think Degrassi would screw up their friendship though. at least I hope not.

samantha | twitter | tumblr
worththeriskx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread