Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Now that we're several years past this, I can see Cranny was a completely toxic couple.

Thinking about Manny before AWH and after, they're almost two different characters. Zoe went through something similar where she became a jaded character, but with Manny it was so jarring and since we spent time with her and saw her as a kid. It was heartbreaking to see how that experience forced her to grow up way too soon. There's a tiny bit of the ditzy, love-struck girl but overall she acted way more grown-up.

I think about how that changed Manny, and then I was thinking on how that changed Craig...and it didn't. He was upset for a bit, but other than the usual Degrassi drama, his life didn't changed one bit. He didn't undergo any major shift in personality and in fact, falls into the same trap again in season 5 (you can even count season 4 with him putting his relationship over his health). He is not good with girls at all, and it almost seemed like everyone else was enabling his behavior without calling him out on it (one the major reasons I've had a lot of throwdowns on this board with The Sl-ts and their enabling and DracoInLeatherPants-ing but let's not go there ).

I was watching What It Feels Like To Be a Ghost, and while for some of time it was the cocaine talking, a lot of it felt similar to previous seasons. Manny tells him that she feels inferior to Ellie and she doesn't feel comfortable with him being around her. He doesn't really do anything to reassure her that nothing is going on between them, and on one hand you could say that Manny was just jealous of his friend, but on the other hand, he DID have feelings for her and Ellie had feelings for him and no way does he nip it in the bud. God, he treated her so horribly my feelings are flaring up again. And top of that, he KNEW they had prior history WITH THAT SAME TOPIC since their first tryst was BEHIND HIS GIRLFRIEND'S BACK...ugh.

I never been more happy to see a ship sink.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJ (View Post)
Now that we're several years past this, I can see Cranny was a completely toxic couple.

Thinking about Manny before AWH and after, they're almost two different characters. Zoe went through something similar where she became a jaded character, but with Manny it was so jarring and since we spent time with her and saw her as a kid. It was heartbreaking to see how that experience forced her to grow up way too soon. There's a tiny bit of the ditzy, love-struck girl but overall she acted way more grown-up.

I think about how that changed Manny, and then I was thinking on how that changed Craig...and it didn't. He was upset for a bit, but other than the usual Degrassi drama, his life didn't changed one bit. He didn't undergo any major shift in personality and in fact, falls into the same trap again in season 5 (you can even count season 4 with him putting his relationship over his health). He is not good with girls at all, and it almost seemed like everyone else was enabling his behavior without calling him out on it (one the major reasons I've had a lot of throwdowns on this board with The Sl-ts and their enabling and DracoInLeatherPants-ing but let's not go there ).

I was watching What It Feels Like To Be a Ghost, and while for some of time it was the cocaine talking, a lot of it felt similar to previous seasons. Manny tells him that she feels inferior to Ellie and she doesn't feel comfortable with him being around her. He doesn't really do anything to reassure her that nothing is going on between them, and on one hand you could say that Manny was just jealous of his friend, but on the other hand, he DID have feelings for her and Ellie had feelings for him and no way does he nip it in the bud. God, he treated her so horribly my feelings are flaring up again. And top of that, he KNEW they had prior history WITH THAT SAME TOPIC since their first tryst was BEHIND HIS GIRLFRIEND'S BACK...ugh.

I never been more happy to see a ship sink.
I appreciate Cranny for what they were in high school but this is why I would never want them to be endgame. After their final break-up I had no desire to see them back together again.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I loved them in S2 and S3, but I was not a fan of them getting back together and it really did play out horribly, especially for Manny.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Okay I am going to use the term 'shipping' loosely here because it might seem creepy but I just gotta say that some of the real life pairings (the og dtners are getting serious!) are adorable, genuine, or unique. I geek out a little with a cheesy smile and type OTP! OTP! in the comments of their Instagram whatever and then delete it.

These two really do it for me.

djmetime LET'S TALK ABOUT MANIFESTING OUR MF DREAMS
Here I am, with the love of my life, wearing matching pjs (his are actually mine), DJing the event series that I started with @dannythrax because we believe EveryBody deserves an intentional safer space to move their body freely, surrounded by a community who shares the joy of letting go, getting down and leaving it all on the dancefloor.
Today we announced we're throwing an @everybodyisherenow FESTIVAL for my birthday on July 6. To say this is a dream come true is an understatement.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

You really want a bump for the Liberty/Sarah thread, don't you? l

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well, I wasn't going for that but while you are at it I could use a bump for the Cassie thread too.

I like these two. But my confession is that I got curious about where the hell Luka came from (sex, I know). I found that out, among other things. I am a creep. With good intentions. I wish everyone only happiness.