And leave the show.
But I'm waiting in this cell
Because I have to know.
Have I been guilty all this time?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 03-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
It really didn't.

If Shenae doesn't get another Gemini nomination for this, then........yeah.

LOVED that moment with the scissors.
I know. Shenae brought alot of realistic intensity to her character. Every scene that she pulled off was tremendous, surprisingly they made the Shenae and Snake scenes more interesting than creepy alike the Matt/Paige relationship. Not that I am shipper of Darcy and Snake (obviously), but I thought that both actors did amazing. Definately one of Shenae's better episodes and worthy of another Gemini nomination.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

I know. I was really worried about her during the Snake scenes. You could tell she was looking for someone to confide in, but she started getting way too attached.

Hopefully, we'll see Darcy/Snake find some common ground, and have a more healthy friendship later.

icon
Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

dang, she was amazing tonight! seriously rocked the house!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Everyone else in the cast is going to have step up their game cause she's making them all look bad. Well not Stefan; they rocked. But something was lacking with that scene with Cassie. Still love the Darcy/Manny friendship though.

Sweetheart looks like she's still having trouble. Man, LTT got to me...but I guess that's good for Degrassi. That means they nailed it.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't think the Darcy/Manny scenes were as good as SITD, but I still really like their friendship.

It's definitely becoming my fave storyline this season. I just hope they do a good job for the rest of it.

icon
Old 03-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea, i love her storyline, it's really the best storyline..
Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Loyal Fan

I like Darcy, but I'm a little disappointed in the storyline and where they're taking her... it's the same ground Degrassi has been covering since the beginning... "good girl gone way bad" I wish she'd admit what happened and get her life back on track; I'm actually starting to get bored with the show... I love her character and she's an amazing actress; I just wish they'd stop trying to do the same thing with her that they've done to Paige, Emma, Manny, etc. However, I don't want to see her go completely back to God praising Darcy... they just didn't have to make her do a complete 360.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Actually, IT I enjoyed LTT and STID Manny/Darcy scenes equally. The entire time, I was on the edge of my couch when Darcy came closer and closer to the edge. I thought that it was really satisfying to watch Manny grip onto Darcy's arm and then pull her in for a close hug. It was really enjoyable, however both SITD and LTT were extremely emotionable scenes for Manny and Darcy.

Quote:
I like Darcy, but I'm a little disappointed in the storyline and where they're taking her... it's the same ground Degrassi has been covering since the beginning... "good girl gone way bad" I wish she'd admit what happened and get her life back on track; I'm actually starting to get bored with the show... I love her character and she's an amazing actress; I just wish they'd stop trying to do the same thing with her that they've done to Paige, Emma, Manny, etc. However, I don't want to see her go completely back to God praising Darcy... they just didn't have to make her do a complete 360.
With every storyline that follows that code usually has a different telling to the story. Characters such as Emma, Manny, etc. haven't had the same storyline as Darcy did in LTT. Personally, I'm extremely thrilled that Degrassi did another rape storyline or 'Good Girl Gone Bad' telling because I really adore the way they're following this up with Darcy much more than the others. Their writing has stepped up its game this season, so luckily Shenae/Darcy got this storyline at the right timing.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

It's not a "good girl gone bad" storyline, it's about Darcy trying to deal with what happened to her. People react in different ways when things like this happen to them, and she's somehow trying to gain control of it all again. This storyline is definitely not going in the same direction as anything from the past.

Now, with that said.... I'm looking forward to the rest of what they have to offer m e with Ms. Edwards

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
Old 03-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Hopefully, we'll see Darcy/Snake find some common ground, and have a more healthy friendship later.
Right now, he needs to stay away from her as much as possible. I'm saying that as much for his sake as hers.

There's a new podcast with Shenae on The N's site. It's actually a good one, even with the presence of The Dope and The Dope.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

I thought it was interesting how they got the idea for the scissors scene from Britney's ordeal.

icon
Old 03-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

I thought it was interesting that she actually kinda stabbed herself.

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
Old 03-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

she did? aw, that sucks..

they got the scissors idea from brit brit? that's funny..haha but interesting..
Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Ooh... I so want to be added to the list for this one. I loooooove Darcy. She can do no wrong... and the funny thing is, I used to really loathe her. In seasons 5-6 she annoyed the crap out of me. Seriously, getting raped and going crazy is the best thing that could have possibly happened to her. I hope she never goes back to how she used to be (at least not completely) because she's so much more interesting now!

At the very least, she needs to leave Peter for good. Worst couple ever.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread