Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I wouldn't mind them building a friendship through student council but I don't know how I'd feel about them dating until I saw it play out.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Prediction: She's going to run for student council. Winston is going to run against her. There might a romance, maybe not, but they are going to end up close. I think that's why Andre has insight into Shay, he's been working with Reiya. I'll place a higher bet than Elle gambled in Queen of Hearts that those two get together.

We are going to need someone on student council and I can't see many of the upperclassmen being into it. Does that even happen? It can happen on Degrassi right? Haha.

I think you're on to something here, in regards to Andre's insight into Reiya. Even with the table reads, I think it's hard for individual actors to get a read on any story lines besides their own. So yeah, it may involve Student Council (wonder why your mind is on that? ), but whatever it is, I do agree that Winston will have a substantial involvement.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think I'm onto something too. Maybe it will be a friendship. It wouldn't be that unusual, especially at Degrassi, for a friend to date an ex. But I think it might be for Shay. And Winston of all people. But maybe that is where the magic is...two people very different find something to appreciate in the other. It might not be romantic though. If Winston is being more helpful this season like Andre says then maybe he is helping her with a project. Maybe they aren't willing partners at first.

So is Reiya getting one of those Talk Nerdy to Me interviews anytime soon?
Old 11-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I always wonder if those guys just hang out in the bushes outside the Epitome studio.

Never even thought about the ex of friend thing, but yeah that's a whole other dynamic that would come into play if they get together. Even if it just turns out to be a friendship, that dynamic will still come into play.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I always wonder if those guys just hang out in the bushes outside the Epitome studio.

Never even thought about the ex of friend thing, but yeah that's a whole other dynamic that would come into play if they get together. Even if it just turns out to be a friendship, that dynamic will still come into play.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

zoerivas.tumblr.com

I can't quite remember Shay's reaction to Winston kissing Lola, other than she was team Frankie. I think I remember more anger from her than the other girls. I'm not sure though. It seems she wouldn't tolerate cheating. I think she is going to be pretty skeptical of Winston.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's actually interesting, considering that she made a move on Dallas while he was dating Alli. But I guess it's easy to say you hate cheaters but don't mind helping someone cheat? Regardless, I was happy to hear Shay's POV on that since it felt like the writers were trying too hard to make Winston look good and didn't want to put in the work to make him redeemable again.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I forgot about that! I think that it might be that mindset that things are bad when other people do it but it is alright for you because you get your own reasons. She saw what she wanted and went for it. That mentality does make sense when she is supposed to be a driven person, I suppose.

...I think I would have been more open to Drew/Shay than Drew/Becky. Drew sure was dipping into the lower digits age-wise. Too young! I wonder if it hurt being rejected by Drew. I don't know how much Shay knew about Drew's romantic/personal history but um, IDK...I can see her thinking that it wouldn't be too much of a challenge.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Wait a minute, she made a move on Dallas and not Drew, right?

Yeah, I guess since Lola is her buddy her reaction might have been much different than it was when she was making a move on Dallas. In all likelihood it's all probably something the writers and producers never even thought about.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah. I don't know where my brain went halfway through that post. I feel like I should put a disclaimer in my signature that says I need new glasses and am often medicated. I'm not here!

Dallas > Drew. That feels more Shay for sure. So what episode did this happen in? I think my Degrassi memory has reached capacity. I can't even remember how it was resolved! Did Dallas let Shay down easy? I hope they became work out buddies. I could see that.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Apparently it was in "I'll Be Missing You". There didn't seem to be much resolution. Shay tried to kiss him, Dallas backed away and then Alli walked in and the rest of the episode was about Dallas and Alli. It really is too bad since that plot could have used maybe one more scene to clear things up. It's especially disappointing since Shay already had so little to do in season 14. That was her ONE moment to shine.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, it turned into a Dallas/Alli plot. Shay really did have nothing to do outside that plot and her little bits during the cheer nudes saga. It should be a different story in the new season. At least one would hope.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I want to have high hopes due to Andre's interview, but this show is horrible when it comes to story lines for non white characters. That being said, the seniors are gone. That's a big chunk of the show off screen, so naturally there's an opportunity to give some lesser seen characters a chance to shine.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Junk in the trunk

I smell a future thread title.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

She's "so cool" with or without junk in her trunk.

Should I change the title?

I saw the sneak peek and all I have to say is I think Tiny/Shay is my new OTP.