Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That's not just a teen show phenomenon.

So I'll ask the same question here as I did in the Season 2 thread and that's is there an episode or storyline from that you originally didn't like but that you've changed your tune on over the years? And obviously you can go the other way on that question.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Let's see...

I didn't dislike Take On Me or Our House but I didn't appreciate it or Sellie's relationship until later. Like I said in the season 2 thread, the revisiting of relationships in later seasons changed my impression of earlier seasons and couples.

I can't remember what my initial reaction to Holiday was but now I have the unpopular opinion that I don't really like the episode. Love triangles drive me nuts. Then there has been years of listening to fans complain about Craig cheating like he was the only character to ever do such a thing. And the revisiting of love triangle!Craig in season 5+ that cemented of his character as the controversial heartthrob no doubt happened because of the success of Holiday.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I didn't like Father Figure...and I still don't. Something about it just seemed like such a ridiculous storyline, and it was never even alluded to again. However, I did like that it brought Emma and Craig together. I'm always a sucker for the less prominent friendships.

I used to like Accidents Will Happen more than I do now. Something was off about it, IMO, and the Craig angle was strange.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So I'll ask the same question here as I did in the Season 2 thread and that's is there an episode or storyline from that you originally didn't like but that you've changed your tune on over the years? And obviously you can go the other way on that question.
Our House, I would normally skip this one but over the time I grew to like it, though the ending still kinda weirds me out.

Season three is a season that I think gets overrated by a lot due to the Love Triangle, but the season grew on me after awhile of reflection.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
I didn't like Father Figure...and I still don't. Something about it just seemed like such a ridiculous storyline, and it was never even alluded to again. However, I did like that it brought Emma and Craig together. I'm always a sucker for the less prominent friendships.
Father Figure isn't an episode that I will seek out and rewatch but I think that when it first premiered I enjoyed it. There was something about it that felt like the beginning of a school year and for that reason it felt like a premiere.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the Craig/Emma friendship because it never really seemed that developed but I liked that she sought him out because he lost his father the year before. It was nice to see that followed up on. And I still remember the look of emotions on his face as he's first annoyed and in a hurry to his art class (never forget Craig the photographer!) and then he smiles and is touched when Emma explains why she asked him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
I used to like Accidents Will Happen more than I do now. Something was off about it, IMO, and the Craig angle was strange.
I remember in the commentary for the episode Epstein asked the writers if Craig was crazy and they were like "well, yes!" It's hard to tell if they were just joking because of where he ended up in season 4, but looking at how Craig has always been a bit troubled, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted his reaction to be an unusual one. I don't know if they necessarily planned it out as a manic episode...but something did feel intentionally off with him. One thing I liked was that he brought up that he's an orphan and we get to see some of those insecurities he has about "living with some guy."
Old 07-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint chip (View Post)
ahahahha spinner and jimmys rap! rules!

ahah shut up girl and make my lunch
Hahahahaha. I love that rap! Best rap Drake ever did (kidding)

So I was watching accidents will happen (again) and I noticed a couple of things:

1)Craig seemed genuinely happy to see Manny until she told him that" seeing him didnt really make her want to smile" .

2) Ash seemed to consider Manny's apology~ well until she found out she was pregnant

3) You can tell that Manny doesnt want to have a kid throughout the two eps.

4) You know its bad when Spin's the voice of reason: oh and the line about Craig being on crack?! Now its just too funny.

5) I will never get over the fact that Cassie was only 13 when she shot this ep!
padfootsprincess02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Start getting yourselves ready for the rocky ride that is going to be the season 3 & 4 episode survivors. We mods were expecting things to be slow with 5 & 6 but things should pick up with these 2 popular seasons. It be cool if some of the veteran fans of the board came back to participate. And I don't think I know how some of you feel about the episodes of these seasons.

I'm already trying to decide what episode I'm pulling for the win. And I have to say I'm not sure. I think I'd like Rock 'n Roll High School to take it. I don't think that's likely. Gangsta Gangsta is another one of my faves (despite the Seaig break up) but I don't see that as a winner. I'm guessing Whisper to a Scream or Holiday will. What about Pride? And I'm betting the Terri episodes are the first to go.

Last edited by kaleidocat; 08-23-2011 at 10:56 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm thinking Accidents Will Happen or Whisper to a Scream might be the favorites. I don't know, a lot depends on who votes. I'm definitely very interested to see how it ends up.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Extreme Fan

I think I'll be pulling for Rock and Roll High School, ha.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well, MegaJ, I did the best I could to keep RRHS in the game. Even if it meant taking out Holiday in the process. I had no idea you or JustMe2000 were so fond of that episode. While I can appreciate how the storytelling of the episode probably created suspense and we were all wondering who Craig would pick, I hate love triangles. I especially hate them when they involve my favorite characters that I care so dearly about. I do respect Ashley/Craig/Manny as THE love triangle of the show though. There has never been one that creates so much uproar in the fandom (eat your heart out Eli). But personally, I wouldn't want to rewatch Holiday and it's no where near my top episode list. Can you convince me otherwise?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Super bringing this from the dead, haha, but I had pretty much the worst day ever yesterday so I ended up watching the entirety of S3 today.

You guys, I don't think I've ever truly appreciated it as much as I did today. They did such a great job with this season! A few episodes were hard to rewatch (especially ones involving Terri) but it really made me understand why people have had a hard time with the latest seasons of Degrassi. It felt like I was just watching people's lives. No one was the villain ever, besides Jay really. Every episode wasn't an issue. Don't get me wrong, I totally love watching the new seasons, but this season was just really well done.

Watching Pride, Accidents Will Happen, and Whisper to a Scream again really really got to me, but I guess watching them in a whole block made storylines stand out to me rather than episodes.

Aaaanyways, I'm gonna go start S4 now.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Addicted Fan

I agree. I rewatched Whisper To A Scream the other day and it made me appreciate season 3 so much. It seems when I take time off from viewing specific episodes then rewatch them later the impact of watching them again is stronger. Season 3 also had certain qualities in the show that I miss like being 22 minutes long and if the storyline required it they'd continue it in further episodes. Just because I hate the part 1/part 2 format I miss the older format. Plus all the characters got the perfect amount of screen time for what their story was that season.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Let's see...

I didn't dislike Take On Me or Our House but I didn't appreciate it or Sellie's relationship until later. Like I said in the season 2 thread, the revisiting of relationships in later seasons changed my impression of earlier seasons and couples.

I can't remember what my initial reaction to Holiday was but now I have the unpopular opinion that I don't really like the episode. Love triangles drive me nuts. Then there has been years of listening to fans complain about Craig cheating like he was the only character to ever do such a thing. And the revisiting of love triangle!Craig in season 5+ that cemented of his character as the controversial heartthrob no doubt happened because of the success of Holiday.
craig and manny I know nicole you're not a fan, is anyone a fan of cranny here?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
is anyone a fan of cranny here?
I wasn't rooting for them to be endgame since I liked Crash/Jaynny more but I liked them in season 5.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint chip (View Post)
ahahahha spinner and jimmys rap! rules!

ahah shut up girl and make my lunch
This makes me

One of the funniest scenes in the show!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread