Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i loved S3 because of Jazel; def but not my fav season
Old 12-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Season 3...I don't know where it fits in my list from Best to Worst.

This season was largely defined by the awesome Love Triangle which I think was the most exciting time to be a Degrassi fan with all the Team Crash/Team Cranny/Team Semma/Team Sellie going on. It's an overall consistent season which has two major dings, the bad finale and worst episode ever Don't Dream It's Over.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Addicted Fan

So I skimmed through this thread and tried to remind myself of what was season 3 and I remembered it was my favorite degrassi season ever.

I loved the love triangle craig/manny/ash, I've probably watched the episode Holiday over 20 times literally. I never could pick a team though! One time I would love Crash another time Cranny! I was so flip flopped, even now I'm not sure who I would pick! lol

Rock and Roll High School is probably one of my all time favorite Degrassi episodes ever too. I use to catch myself singing Dust all the time lol

Edit- THE RAP! How could I ever forget about that! I remember dying the first time I heard it!

I live in the states and remember reading every spoiler I could about AWH and then downloading it cause I had wanted to see it so bad. I do believe they finally aired it on the-n at one point, or I should say "teen nick"...

Can someone remind me of the season finale... I'm assuming it was a prom but I can't remember which one...

and I agree with whoever said this season hooked them. I started watching this show when season 1 came out but it wasn't until season 3 where I fell in love and had to be home to catch the new eps. on the-n lol

Last edited by FlightlessBird_630; 12-22-2009 at 10:57 PM
FlightlessBird_630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

It was the Power of Love, which quite a few people don't really like honestly. Jimmy wants Hazel to have the perfect date, and they (and Spaige) get in all kinds of trouble before they reach the Bollywood prom. Billy Ray Cyrus guest starred (actually one of my fave guest stars). The B-plot is Sean trying to earn Simpson's forgiveness for stealing his laptop. Sellie was dating at the time. Oh, and who could forget...."FIRE!"

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Edit- THE RAP!

ahahahha spinner and jimmys rap! rules!

ahah shut up girl and make my lunch
Old 12-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh I thought it was that season finale, yeaaa I wasn't to fond of that either. Then again I didn't like Jazel at all.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:50 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJ (View Post)
Season 3...I don't know where it fits in my list from Best to Worst.

This season was largely defined by the awesome Love Triangle which I think was the most exciting time to be a Degrassi fan with all the Team Crash/Team Cranny/Team Semma/Team Sellie going on. It's an overall consistent season which has two major dings, the bad finale and worst episode ever Don't Dream It's Over.
I likes the finale and Dont dream its over both were really good episodes
xosellie4evaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
It was the Power of Love, which quite a few people don't really like honestly. Jimmy wants Hazel to have the perfect date, and they (and Spaige) get in all kinds of trouble before they reach the Bollywood prom. Billy Ray Cyrus guest starred (actually one of my fave guest stars). The B-plot is Sean trying to earn Simpson's forgiveness for stealing his laptop. Sellie was dating at the time. Oh, and who could forget...."FIRE!"
Yeah.. wish they went with the plot that is listed on the DVD's episode description
something about Ellie vs Marco

Anyways, Season 3 is for a lot of people their favorite season, but I kinda dislike it . The episodes are good though.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Season 3 isn't my favorite either. I understand why it's popular, but I thought season 2 and 4 were more go there with the issues.

icon
Old 12-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm with you guys...season 3 isn't my favorite. The show really hit it's stride during this season and I'm proud that it attempted issues like coming out and abortion. And it was the season that created the Eman/Sellie and Crash/Cranny shipper wars; I don't think any ships will ever come close to those core four. But I feel like this season is overrated by the fans sometimes. Maybe it's the favorite for some because it's the season that first introduced them to the show. But it's not the season I go for during marathons or break out the DVDs for. Personally I feel like I have forgotten a chunk of what happens outside of the most memorable episodes. That hasn't happened for me with any of seasons 2 or 4. Outside of those 2, things get a little murky.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Oh man. The CrAsh/Cranny vs. Sellie/Eman wars were EPIC. The fallout lasted about four seasons.

icon
Old 12-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Oh man. The CrAsh/Cranny vs. Sellie/Eman wars were EPIC. The fallout lasted about four seasons.
I think thats part of why I love this season so much. I'm a sucker for love triangles and things.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The CrAsh/Cranny vs. Sellie/Eman wars were EPIC.
I think that's probably why this season is overrated by a lot of fans. As I said, this was THE most exciting time to be a Degrassi fan and I don't think we'll get anything like this again. It was just epic Ship to Ship Combat. The season itself...it was alright, but like Mayberry said season four and two did better with the balance of issues and relationships.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Top to bottom, 4 and 7 are probably the two best. That said, the epic love arcs with the aforementioned couples did make this season unique from all the other ones.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessBird_630 (View Post)
I think thats part of why I love this season so much. I'm a sucker for love triangles and things.
Triangles are how a lot of teen shows become what they are. It's just the nature of the beast.

icon
Reply   Post New Thread