Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

My instinct, even when speculation that it was a way to support Jenna while raising their child, is that it's not KC. Unless if things go to hell at home with mom and he's acting out. Which by the way, is my dream scenario. But the rest of the audience will be frustrated with him.

Wesley and Adam seem the most likely to steal to impress. Wesley already did that with stealing a car so I don't see him swiping anything anytime soon. Adam DOES seem the most likely. He's very aware of how others view him and it wouldn't be the first time he did something dangerous to fit in.

I hope there is an episode with shoplifting as the issues. Remember the last time we had this? When Lucy and Voula get picked up for shoplifting?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

I'm pretty sure the shoplifting storyline was Connor and the wording was messed up because the scripts for the next episode weren't out when that article was written. If the cast didn't know about it I doubt they'd put it in an article. But I would like them to cover shoplifting. I still think Dave would be a good choice because it might tie in with his dad being a cop, and I love family involvement in storylines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Oh and can they get rid of those ugly uniforms already? Please???
haha! There's practically camps forming now with fans who are pro-uniform and anti-uniform. Honestly I like the uniforms because it keeps the writers from changing someone's age just to keep them around. Plus it makes seeing the characters out of uniform extra special. I'm glad we're going to have some yellow shirts around next season. If only they had kept Sadie and Jess around to fill in the gaps.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
I'm pretty sure the shoplifting storyline was Connor and the wording was messed up because the scripts for the next episode weren't out when that article was written. If the cast didn't know about it I doubt they'd put it in an article. But I would like them to cover shoplifting. I still think Dave would be a good choice because it might tie in with his dad being a cop, and I love family involvement in storylines.

haha! There's practically camps forming now with fans who are pro-uniform and anti-uniform. Honestly I like the uniforms because it keeps the writers from changing someone's age just to keep them around. Plus it makes seeing the characters out of uniform extra special. I'm glad we're going to have some yellow shirts around next season. If only they had kept Sadie and Jess around to fill in the gaps.
In my opinion, the writers and the powers have already shown that it's finally okay for them to let a character/character go even though in this case I think that the only character who's in the group of seniors that just left that the writers and the powers be actually wrote for consistently was Holly J. This show has too many upper classmen and no grade 10's and I have a feeling that the lack of grade 10's going to be dealt with awkwardly when it really didn't have to be that way.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
In my opinion, the writers and the powers have already shown that it's finally okay for them to let a character/character go even though in this case I think that the only character who's in the group of seniors that just left that the writers and the powers be actually wrote for consistently was Holly J. This show has too many upper classmen and no grade 10's and I have a feeling that the lack of grade 10's going to be dealt with awkwardly when it really didn't have to be that way.
Yeah as much as I loved all the seniors I'm glad that the writers are letting them move on and not keeping them around with unlikely excuses. They gotta keep that graduation rate up

But that's what I've been saying. I mean they introduce Katie, Jake, and Imogen in the second semester of their junior year and that doesn't leave them with nearly as much time to develop them as characters. Then they bring in the new niners and suddenly there's a gap between the characters. What worries me is that if the show continues this pattern with continue. Like they'll keep filling that gap with junior students. If the writers were smart about this once Drew and Eli's class graduates they'll bring in new grade nine students instead of once again trying to bridge Alli and Clare's class with Tori and Maya's class by introducing juniors.

It would be nice if they realized they could stagger the classes more. Does it matter that Sadie and Jess weren't in class with anyone else? We barely have classroom scenes anyway. They could have at least kept them around so when Drew, Eli, and co. graduate there's some kids in the middle age group.

This new group of niners could be a fresh start for them. We'll see I guess.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Yeah as much as I loved all the seniors I'm glad that the writers are letting them move on and not keeping them around with unlikely excuses. They gotta keep that graduation rate up

But that's what I've been saying. I mean they introduce Katie, Jake, and Imogen in the second semester of their junior year and that doesn't leave them with nearly as much time to develop them as characters. Then they bring in the new niners and suddenly there's a gap between the characters. What worries me is that if the show continues this pattern with continue. Like they'll keep filling that gap with junior students. If the writers were smart about this once Drew and Eli's class graduates they'll bring in new grade nine students instead of once again trying to bridge Alli and Clare's class with Tori and Maya's class by introducing juniors.

It would be nice if they realized they could stagger the classes more. Does it matter that Sadie and Jess weren't in class with anyone else? We barely have classroom scenes anyway. They could have at least kept them around so when Drew, Eli, and co. graduate there's some kids in the middle age group.

This new group of niners could be a fresh start for them. We'll see I guess.
I feel that Imogen and Jake had it the worst because they could both be good characters on their own and have their own storylines instead they were they were thrown into doomed storylines that really were not even about them but instead their storylines were about EClare and I think that Jake will never get to do much of anything productive or for himself as long as he and Clare are together and he's already not going to be on the show as long as he realistically could be.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola

Last edited by Holland Fan Forever; 11-06-2011 at 09:42 AM
Old 11-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

^ That's why Jimogen needs to happen. Then they can get away from Eclare and have their own storylines.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I don't know if breaking up a couple and then putting characters into another pairing is exactly a way of getting them their own story lines. Here's a crazy thought...keep Clare, Eli, Jake, and Imogen single!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know if breaking up a couple and then putting characters into another pairing is exactly a way of getting them their own story lines. Here's a crazy thought...keep Clare, Eli, Jake, and Imogen single!
I think that the writers and the powers that be already had Holly J who was single for all of Season 11 but to me that was a rare thing and unfortunately not something I could forsee the writers trying again if nothing else because I think it's just too tempting for them to put a character in a relationship storyline even if the relationship is a complete train wreck that does nothing positive or constructive for the characters involved. I think that the main point here is that Jake and Imogen need and deserve to be on screen where it's actually about them and not all about Eli and or Clare as it will always be when either of them are involved in a romantic relationship.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
shhh no, let it happen. #Jimogen4eva

No, no, realistically I agree. From the sounds of it we need not worry about Imogen because all the info we're getting suggests she's a major player in the second half of the season. But honestly it's Jake I'd rather see them focus on. I think Jake is actually more "unusual" than Imogen. For me he has the same qualities that made Sav such a fun and easy-to-fit-into-any-storyline type of character. He's clearly accepted by the cool kids but he's really dorky and out-of-place at heart. I just feel like that's such a nice contrast to the other current boys of the cast. I'd love to see him branch out more beyond Cake.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Of all the new Now or Never characters, I think I'm most interested to see what happens with Mo. We have decent ideas of where the others may be heading, but Mo's big connection character (Sav) is gone. So, now what?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Of all the new Now or Never characters, I think I'm most interested to see what happens with Mo. We have decent ideas of where the others may be heading, but Mo's big connection character (Sav) is gone. So, now what?
I was thinking Mo and Owen could strike up a friendship. Both their main connections (Sav/Anya) are gone so they might need each other. Also they were both involved in the MMA storyline. Maybe they could bond over that?

So this might be unusual but does anyone have any playlist suggestions for the season so far? I think you can tell a lot by what songs remind someone of a certain character or ship or storyline. I've been putting one together so I'm kinda curious what other people's interpretations would be. I don't know if anyone else does things like this here or not...

Anyone if anyone's curious here's part 1 for me:
[01] Anya: If You Talk Too Much (My Head Will Explode) by People in Planes
[02] KC/Jenna/Tyson: Daddy’s Eyes by The Killers
[03] Eli: Eyes Wide Open by Travis
[04] Riley/Zane: I Know I Know I Know by Tegan and Sara
[05] Alli: The Hustler by Res
[06] Drew/Bianca: Call It What You Want by Foster The People
[07] Imogen: Ricochet! by Shiny Toy Guns
[08] KC/Marisol: My Name is Trouble by Nightmare of You
[09] Drew: Undercover Martyn by Two Door Cinema Club
[10] Drew/Katie: Inside Out by Kate Voegele
[11] Clare: Fire in the Canyon by Fountains of Wayne
[12] Fiona/Holly J: World War 24 by Ryan Adams
[13] Fiona: Sullen Girl by Fiona Apple
[14] Eli/Clare: You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol
[15] Bianca: Rectify by Beth Orton
[16] Jenna: The Icicle Melts by The Cranberries
[17] Eli/Imogen: Used Goods by Love Is All
[18] Alli/Dave: Not Your Fault by Awolnation
[19] Anya/Owen: Token Trapped Woman by People in Planes
Old 11-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad that this current group of seniors will have more balance as far as possible storylines because I think that it's what Holly J's class lacked because I felt that while there was definitely potential for more storylines for characters not named or involved with Holly J that it just seemed to be way too little, way too late. I also think that a return by a former series regular is just not one of the strong points of the writers and I think that the writers would be better off actually dealing with their lack of grade 10's before it's too late and comes across as awkward on-screen. I think that while Sav is the person who could return with it being too awkward that Alli would just upstage him once again intentionally or not. I am also looking forward to seeing how Fiona copes without Holly J or Declan around her and let's be honest Fiona was never, ever going to learn how to cope and be alone as long as Holly J and or Declan were around.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Addicted Fan

We're only halfway through the season so far but I enjoy some aspects of the season while others give me a headache.

What I've liked:
-Bhandurner (Dave/Alli). Probably the only new couple so far this season that I like a lot.
-Drew/Bianca's gang storyline. I was writing in "what issues do you want to see Degrassi cover threads" (I was thinking it'd be a Dave storyline though wanting to be seen as someone cool for being in a gang but so glad they went with Drianca instead) for a long time they should cover gang violence because they didn't really do it with the Montreal Crew and for the first half they did a great job. Also love that they threw the whole PTSD storyline in there as well.
-Jenna/KC with Tyson. I was actually hoping they'd keep Tyson and face the struggles of parenthood but I'm okay with the direction they went with storyline too. I loved that KC wasn't like other past Degrassi teen fathers who were supportive because only about half of teen fathers now day stick around. Honestly I think this stayed the strongest storyline out of the whole season.
-Fiona relapsing. I was so happy to finally see someone on this show with an addiction that actually came back later on.
-Holly J's kidney problem/adoption. I enjoyed the twist and turns this took even though I kind of wish they did this storyline in like season 9/early season 10 so that way we could see more of Holly J's POV on the adoption. Oh well, at least if the writers run out of storylines in the future they can retackle this one.
-Eli's diagnosis/dealing with being bipolar.
-Dave/Adam friendship. Loved their little storyline.

What I dislike:
-The ending to the Drianca/Vince storyline. Once they put Katie in this it lost it's appeal, and I was completely disappointed they had Vince drop the gun. No way would a real gang member just drop the gun at the scene of the crime and run.
-Jake/Clare. I've never hated a Degrassi couple as much as I hate these two. I knew from the fact they didn't give Clare any breathing room to move on from Eli and kissed Jake in the same episode she reunited with him I'd hate these two. Jake is a good character and I can see him with Jenna or Alli in the future, but I just don't like him with Clare.
-Clare's character season 11. I think she'll be back to normal in season 12 but I can't stand this whiny, conceited, annoying version of Clare. Y'know this wouldn't be so bad if they were focusing on the divorce more and not Jake but unfortunately this isn't the case and it's making me hate the Cake relationship even more.
-Love triangles/relationship focus. I'm sick of all these love triangles. There were at least 10 in the first half and now it looks like we're getting more.
-Sav/Keke Palmer and Sav/Ms. Oh... Both were painful to watch and made me wish they wrote Sav off somehow in season 10.
-Katie & Marisol. Marisol is just plain annoying and Katie is very boring. I don't think Katie really has any chemistry with anybody she has interacted with so far. I want to like her but pairing her with Drew didn't help at all.

Unfortunately the bad has outweighed the good for me and this season just feels so far off from the show I love. Last season felt like classic Degrassi but I'm just not feeling it this season.

Last edited by ihavealife2uknow; 02-21-2012 at 09:24 PM
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavealife2uknow (View Post)
-Love triangles/relationship focus. I'm sick of all these love triangles. There were at least 10 in the first half and now it looks like we're getting more.
-Sav/Keke Palmer and Sav/Ms. Oh... Both were painful to watch and made me wish they wrote Sav off somehow in season 10.
-Katie & Marisol. Marisol is just plain annoying and Katie is very boring. I don't think Katie really has any chemistry with anybody she has interacted with so far. I want to like her but pairing her with Drew didn't help at all.

Unfortunately the bad has outweighed the good for me and this season just feels so far off from the show I love. Last season felt like classic Degrassi but I'm just not feeling it this season.
I think that the real problem now is that the writers really seem to struggle as far as showing the progression of Point A to Point B in a storyline and so for example we now have this Fiona/Eli/Imogen trio when in the end I am sure the whole thing will be all about Eli and Fiona when Imogen is the one who really needs a storyline but this storyline she's in won't really be about her. I came to the conclusion that the writers just seemed to give up on Sav's character and he was really the last person that I wanted to see in a relationship storyline because I feel that we were never given much of a chance to see Sav on his own and it got to the point where I thought that it would've been okay for Sav to leave prior to Season 11.

As far as Katie goes, the writers have simply failed to give me a real reason to care about her storylines and I think that the pairing with Drew was never going to help her because the writers chose to make that storyline more about Drew opposed to Drew and Katie together and Drew still likes Bianca and Katie just seems like the third wheel there. I think that it would be a lot easier to buy Fiona and Imogen as friends if they weren't awkwardly thrown together and it would've helped Katie and Marisol if they had some storylines prior to getting an A plot in an episode or if the writers had shown how and why Marisol and Katie are such great friends instead of just telling the audience. I also think that Imogen and Fiona's storyline suffers in the same way that Marisol and Katie's does because in both cases the whole thing is just awkward and I don't care for either relationship/storyline.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Addicted Fan

That's how I feel too.

I think the writers kind of put themselves in a tough spot because now we're at a point where now we have all these characters that have little to no development and have to find a way to put characters with others with whom they'd have chemistry with. I have a feeling by the time all these characters get in a comfortable place it'll be too late because we're losing 8 characters members halfway into season 12, most of whom haven't had much of a storyline or a reason to care for them.

I just wish they'd quit adding characters as grade 11's. That was the biggest mistake with this group of kids.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread