Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Was the most intrigued by Eli and Eclare when the promo first aired, believe it or not (prob the tarot cards!death!).
And that intrigue lasted long for you, didn't it?

I totally forgot about the KC/Jenna part of that clip, which really did an amazing job of getting people excited for that season.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Addicted Fan

I remember guessing the Savvy J part of it was about Anya's pregnancy, that the pill didn't work and Sav didn't want to be involved upsetting Holly J. That pretty much ended up happening only with Kenna. Had no idea they'd go the romance route with them.

I remember being excited about the Kenna part but I don't remember what my prediction was.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally am in agreement with this post. Yes I hated drew most of season 10, but he grew to be my favorite character. I also love Eli and Clare this season, individually and together.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I haven't read through the plot descriptions so this is just off the top of my head but I think my least favorite plot would be when Jenna takes diet pills to lose weight. I just didn't like the humiliating consequences. I couldn't shake the feeling that TPTB were punishing the character for being a boyfriend thief. But someone else might think it helped to have the character not seen as the perfect blonde.

Is this the season when Dave tazed Wesley? That was brought up in Dave's thread recently. I wouldn't want to watch that plot for the same reason. It just makes me uncomfortable.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was not a fan of Kenna.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
This was such a memorable scene to film! It was the middle of the night in downtown Toronto, cold, and with amazing actors and stunts.
degrassi.tumblr.com

Scrolling through tumblr and I see this and the scene immediately started playing in my head. So intense. I don't really pay attention to top 10 lists anymore but I hope this one gets a few mentions as a go-there moment.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Eclare was the best part of this season imo and Drianca.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Addicted Fan

The gang storyline was season 11, but yeah it was one of the more go-there moments to come out of the show with the newer cast.

I think my favorite storyline to come out of season 10 was K.C./Jenna's pregnancy. Her just completely ignoring it until it was too late was stupid but I remember being shocked when K.C. said he couldn't be involved. Then it led to some of the best stuff from season 11.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavealife2uknow (View Post)
The gang storyline was season 11, but yeah it was one of the more go-there moments to come out of the show with the newer cast.
I knew that. The big season 10 moment was Vegas night with Eli vs Fitz and craziness in the boiler room. There was some Drianca with Bianca as the other woman. Were people rooting for them back then? Maybe their thread is called Bad Reputation for a reason. Drew and Alli ended on a really sour note if I remember correctly.

Alli was basically prostituting herself right?? I am blanking on so much Degrassi lately. I could rewatch it and it would be like new.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Audra was terrible during that storyline. I hated her so much when she pretty much said Alli prostituted herself or something along those lines. It's amazing how much they redeemed her since then.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They did spend an awful lot of time on Eli. This was the season he was my favorite.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

thiojames

It was an exciting time to be a Degrassi fan if you watched this season live. Our board was really booming then. I don't know if they will ever have another season 10. They might but I won't be aware of it because I will still be at this board when they are on season 23 talking to myself while everyone is...social media is going to be a such a monster then. I feel like this series has documented the digital age in a way, probably since I have aged with it.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:43 PM
Addicted Fan

There were so many changes this season to be excited for. It was the first season without any of the TNG kids (besides that one ep with Peter), the format where there would be longer storyarcs, and upping the ep total to 40 with a new episode every day. Plus with the excitement because of the Shark In The Water promo I'm not sure how it could be topped.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think I had that song on loop. That was such a sensational promo. We were all sulking about the cast change then bam, a bunch of new fans and new life into the fandom.

dyesprayberry.tumblr.com

In retrospect I wish that they did more with a few of the characters and didn't completely recreate what was in the episode, like Fiona with the make-up. It worked great but I just like the ones where even now it is a bit mysterious (the tarot cards). The Adam one is straightforward but nicely presented with the mirrors. Yes, best promo ever.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Eclare was the one thing I loved this season, I hated Drew.