Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Degrassi writers/producers would never be nice enough to give us a spin off.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't much like the college storylines as much as I assumed I might...so, I'd be worried if they actually spun-off Degrassi with another 'college oriented' type of thing. It didn't work the last two times, so I'd be happy if they just gave Savvy J some ending and then let it be. Unless they made some movie to show their 'ending'. That's just my opinion. Some people liked the college storylines, but I did not.
...I want a Fadam/Savvy J meeting. Sav and Adam are already sort of friends and Fiona and Holly J are already besties. It'd work out~
Lexiness or Lexi~ #7 Adam Supporter!~ #22 Misfits Supporter!~
Supporter/Shipper of The Misfits, Eclare, Kenna, Fadam, Savvy J, Elitz, Ziley, Grossmance/Douchebag, Folly J, Team Bianca
http://lexikatness.tumblr.com/
Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I see what you're saying and I too wasn't a big fan of the college storylines. That said, I'm thinking (optimistically, for sure) that if it's just a show about them post Degrassi that they'll do a better job in that area than if it was a case of them trying to shoehorn them in with the high school stuff going on.

More than anything I just really like this group of 12th graders.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Loyal Fan

there really probably won't be a spinoff. although, i will pretend there is until it's flat out said there won't be. just to ease the pain~

i am going to be super sad when this group of seniors leave.

also, this is sort of OT but i'm really upset that they're bringing in new characters for season 11 when the seniors are still there. the cast is already huge plus there are so many underdeveloped characters already. Not to mention, i don't want them to just set the seniors aside. I really want to see them give this group a proper send off.

samantha | twitter | tumblr
Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Addicted Fan

I feel the same way, that they could do college right if they focused just on the college. It's not like Schuyler and Stohn don't know how to do a show outside of the Degrassi formula. I thought Instant Star was a great show (for the most part) and it really was nothing like Degrassi. So I think they are capable of doing a college show if it isn't about "the issues" and has a smaller, more focused cast.

And speaking of cast, I agree with you Sam... although I haven't been keeping up with the news of who will be added to the cast, but I think they need to focus on who they have now. Bianca, for example, is basically a shell of a character. She's the new Leia. Others have been "developed" but it's very surface-level development. And then you have older characters like Clare who were basically erased and reprogrammed at the start of season 10.

But if they must add new characters, I wish they'd bring some diversity to the cast. And not Chantays and Daves who serve no purpose other than comic relief and are never given any real storyline. It's disappointing.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

I say 'ending' because, yeah, despite me liking the random-ass pairing of Spinner/Emma (lol, please, don't ask, I don't even...), it hurt a lot of people in the Degrassi fandom (Spane/Semma/...Pemma/Spaige/Sparcy? What...). So, my feeling is they'd probably screw with Holly J and Sav. I know, I know, detractors are saying, "SAVVY J IS A REBOUND, HERP DERP", but they were actually friends before they became a couple. Maybe weird distant friends, but still sort of friends. Sav and Holly J, I mean.
I'm of college age (23?) and I don't even feel comfortable with them spinning off for college storylines. Ahem, I'd have absolutely no qualms with Sav and Holly J's actors (Ray and Charlotte - RAYLOTTE?) staring in a romantic movie, though, and you know, ...doing stuff. They did that kiss thing last year, so, yeah, methinks they're close to being real off-set, haha. 2 more days!
Lexiness or Lexi~ #7 Adam Supporter!~ #22 Misfits Supporter!~
Supporter/Shipper of The Misfits, Eclare, Kenna, Fadam, Savvy J, Elitz, Ziley, Grossmance/Douchebag, Folly J, Team Bianca
http://lexikatness.tumblr.com/
Old 02-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

just lost my post!

Okay...what I said was that I'm excited for new characters because once the grade 12s leave I'm going to be rather lost and looking for a new favorite. But I'm disappointed that they are going to be introduced before graduation/when everyone departs for school. I just hope all the focus goes to the graduating class and all the underclassmen (and I mean ALL) are put on the back burner. They have other seasons to devote time to them.

If they decide to tackle college storylines again this tumblr should be an inspiration.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiusachan (View Post)
I know, I know, detractors are saying, "SAVVY J IS A REBOUND, HERP DERP"

That is exactly my interpretation too! And you're right about their history. Sav and Holly J have known each other longer than most other couples on the show... in Degrassi history. They go all the way back to Lakehurst and before that. Most couples haven't known each other since childhood.

Anyway, about this business of introducing new characters... yeah. I'm going to have to find a new favorite too. Maybe I'll just stan for Jenna since everyone hates her. I miss the days when they'd introduce one or two new characters per season. But I have a bad feeling the seniors will fade into the background.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Degrassi TONIGHT!! I am so excited, I really miss Savvy J.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think we can expect a scene or see them in the background being lovey dovey. It is sweetheart week! Whatever that is...
Old 02-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually like that they introduce new characters early. because i cant stand when shows have characters leave and then try to introduce all these newbies. i dont think it works.

i think its much better to integrate them into the cast so we can get used to them first because the older characters leave.

degrassi is one of the few shows that actually goes it the right way, IMO. I mean, after 10 seasons I am still watching the show and still interested in the storylines and characters.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Addicted Fan

That is true... it'll just suck if the seniors are neglected in their last season.

And we didn't get ANYTHING tonight! The hell! Sav was trapped in that box in that ridiculous outfit for the whole episode. But I loved that Holly J was super involved in two of the storylines. And they finally (sort of) addressed the whole thing with Anya faking a pregnancy so Holly J could trick Sav... hahaha. The good ol' days.

When Fiona told Adam that she loves him, and it was pretty obvious that she's not sincere (sorry Fiadam fans... no disrespect), it got me thinking that I'm really glad Holly J and Sav haven't said I love you yet. Too many Degrassi couples say it too soon. I think it'll be so much more meaningful when they finally do. Unless Holly J leaves Sav for Fiona...
Old 02-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well, we didn't get a scene, but there was an explicit acknowledgment from Anya about the relationship, which is something this show isn't always so good at.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think fiona is just confused.

doubt that holly j is a lesbian, i think its a dream.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
When Fiona told Adam that she loves him, and it was pretty obvious that she's not sincere (sorry Fiadam fans... no disrespect)
lol, am i being egotistical in thinking this is aimed at me? haha. but yeah, that was clearly a lie.

Quote:
it got me thinking that I'm really glad Holly J and Sav haven't said I love you yet. Too many Degrassi couples say it too soon. I think it'll be so much more meaningful when they finally do
I actually think this would be a nice way to send the two characters off. Have them say their goodbyes or whatever and end their relationship then when they go to part ways one of them is like "WAIT...*INSERT EPIC KISS HERE*...I LOVE YOU." fade scene~

LEAVES ROOM FOR THAT SPIN OFF.

samantha | twitter | tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread