Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Passionate Fan

You know, after watching the promo again, I'm starting to think that the whole Fiona/Holly J thing might be taken out of context. You know, to throw us off guard and get us all riled up. It wouldn't be the first time a promo has been misleading, and we're all aware of this.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't mind Holly J/Fiona (except that it'll mean that Adam gets his heart smashed to pieces, and that'll be depressing as hell to watch) because I've said before that I wanted another lesbian storyline. I just always thought it was going to be from Bianca or Jenna.

However, I think that when Adam tells Fiona that she wants a girl, he might be referring to "Gracie" instead.

See, here's what I'm thinking will happen.

Adam will tell Fiona about being an FtM, and she'll be surprisingly cool and accepting about the whole thing. But then her drinking, coupled with her telling him that it makes it easier to be with him, will make him think that she doesn't really accept him as a guy at all.

Maybe she's comfortable because he IS a guy, but physically, female. Physically, he can't overpower her (for lack of a better word) like Bobby could.

... if that makes sense?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
You know, after watching the promo again, I'm starting to think that the whole Fiona/Holly J thing might be taken out of context. You know, to throw us off guard and get us all riled up. It wouldn't be the first time a promo has been misleading, and we're all aware of this.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't mind Holly J/Fiona (except that it'll mean that Adam gets his heart smashed to pieces, and that'll be depressing as hell to watch) because I've said before that I wanted another lesbian storyline. I just always thought it was going to be from Bianca or Jenna.

However, I think that when Adam tells Fiona that she wants a girl, he might be referring to "Gracie" instead.

Adam will tell Fiona about being an FtM, and she'll be surprisingly cool and accepting about the whole thing. But then her drinking, coupled with her telling him that it makes it easier to be with him, will make him think that she doesn't really accept him as a guy at all.

Maybe she's comfortable because he IS a guy, but physically, female. Physically, he can't overpower her (for lack of a better word) like Bobby could.

... if that makes sense?
Yea they are totally trying to trick us with that HollyJ/Fiona stuff. i think adam is just being insecure and thinks that she must want a girl if she's so accepting.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I really like that possibility. Maybe she'll start talking like "I'm glad you're a girl" or something like that. (i'm sure it won't be that blatant/disrespectful but yeah.)

and i'm sure the fiona/holly j thing is taken out of context because of the look on holly j's face. i'm starting to be a broken record but i really don't think holly j is into fiona like that. i'm 99.9% sure holly j is straight. or as straight as someone can be...

samantha | twitter | tumblr
Old 01-17-2011, 01:19 AM
New Fan

Hello I'm new here and after seeing the promo I felt like getting with people who are also disturbed from the promo. I keep seeing so many things about Folly J that I beginning to believe that the writers are actually going to make it happening. Being a trans man myself and not having any other trans people on TV I became addicted to Adam's storyline and what a punch to the stomach that the trans guy can't get the girl... I keep reading your comments and hoping you guys are right that they are just playing with us to keep us glued to the show. If it wasn't Adam, Folly J would be a great storyline but come on let the boy get the girl for once... It seems that Adam has the worse luck with women and I can feel him on that for sure :p
Old 01-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVictimFrankenstein (View Post)
Hello I'm new here and after seeing the promo I felt like getting with people who are also disturbed from the promo. I keep seeing so many things about Folly J that I beginning to believe that the writers are actually going to make it happening. Being a trans man myself and not having any other trans people on TV I became addicted to Adam's storyline and what a punch to the stomach that the trans guy can't get the girl... I keep reading your comments and hoping you guys are right that they are just playing with us to keep us glued to the show. If it wasn't Adam, Folly J would be a great storyline but come on let the boy get the girl for once... It seems that Adam has the worse luck with women and I can feel him on that for sure :p
Welcome

And i agree they need to let Adam catch a break lol I really think they'll work out though.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:34 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclare4life (View Post)
Welcome

And i agree they need to let Adam catch a break lol I really think they'll work out though.
Well Thanks

Yeah I hope because the couch scene is just to good for it to only happen once, Lmao
Old 01-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVictimFrankenstein (View Post)
Well Thanks

Yeah I hope because the couch scene is just to good for it only to happening once, Lmao
Yea, just from the promos they've kissed three different times and she said she loves him They're just too adorable, they have to work out.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclare4life (View Post)
Yea, just from the promos they've kissed three different times and she said she loves him They're just too adorable, they have to work out.
Yeah I don't think I've seen that on degrassi. I just keep reminding myself that Fiona had problems before she just needs some one to kinda guild her and let her make her mistakes. I'm actually kinda hoping for a different side of Adam through this and Fiona helps him... (It sounds werid I know)

They are just a great couple and they have some great chemistry together.

I'm horrible at writing everyone so I'm sorry...

Last edited by TheVictimFrankenstein; 01-17-2011 at 02:00 AM
Old 01-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Not to be the downer but i just wrote this:
Together, a Degrassi fanfic - FanFiction.Net

IT WAS MEANT TO SOUND HAPPIER. like, i was giving them a chance but...it came out weird.

meh.

It needs to be Feburary 11th. All thing theorizing is killing me.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:10 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththeriskx (View Post)
Not to be the downer but i just wrote this:
Together, a Degrassi fanfic - FanFiction.Net

IT WAS MEANT TO SOUND HAPPIER. like, i was giving them a chance but...it came out weird.

meh.

It needs to be Feburary 11th. All thing theorizing is killing me.
Great story, you weren't kidding when you said it was sad but that's Degrassi for you.
I'm kinda hoping that the 'I Love You' scene isn't connected with that one
Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)

Maybe she's comfortable because he IS a guy, but physically, female. Physically, he can't overpower her (for lack of a better word) like Bobby could
This. All of this.

My first thought when I heard "you don't want me, you want a girl" was that she was just way too accepting of it and might have said that she likes it that he is physically a girl, which, knowing Adam, he would have taken completely wrong.

I think her drinking is connected to Bobby too. Just the way she said "being with you" in the promo makes me think it's not about him. She said it so simply. She pretty much shrugged it off like it should have been obvious. At least that's the way it looked/sounded to me. If it had to do with Adam, I hope she would have been a little nicer saying it.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

We've gotta remember that for Fiona, drinking, while she's had problems with it, doesn't seem like it's a new thing. She knocked back a few champagnes in her premiere episode, didn't she? So not saying it's not a big deal, but...I'd imagine the question Adam asks her preceding that conversation isn't "why do you drink?" because there would be A LOT of answers.

Point is, girl drinks to feel better about a lot of things. I definitely think it has to do with Bobby.

...Plus I just can't see the girl who said she's not looking for anything serious or physical have moments leading to what we've seen in the promos (kissing, "I love you," couch) and not really mean it. She's not looking for it but it found her, and I don't see that just being a red herring.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

The more I watch the promo the more sure I am it's just exaggerated and Fiona isn't a lesbian(I don't know why I keep saying this lol). Anyways, another thing I just remembered is how much she want Declan and Holly J together. She's always talking about how she wants them to get married and have kids and all that. I mean, if I was her and I wanted my brothers girlfriend/ex I wouldn't be too excited about those things.

Last edited by Eclare4life; 01-17-2011 at 02:37 PM
Old 01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I was reading a fic and someone mentioned this but I think the Fiona/Holly J thing might just be Fiona and her dependency issues coming back. Heck maybe even she thinks she wants to be with Holly J, much like her thing with Declan.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I noticed more fadam fic over at FFnet. That's pretty cool. Counteracts a bit of the promo blues.

My fics: Fadam / Badam / Rebel
Closed Thread   Post New Thread