Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2016, 08:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:

IKR?! don’t remind me, I am forever bitter over that. His home life would be such rich material for plots. Yeah no kidding, it makes me resent his mom more and more. I agree I suspect its headed that way for him too, esme can’t be good news so knowing him and her are going to be hanging suggest trouble overall. AGREE that overall is a fear I don’t want eclare 2.0.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:

I will never understand having so much focus on rich people problems. It's not that interesting and it's been done. Exploring characters who actually live in poverty and struggle to make ends meet is something that we don't see very often on Degrassi or on most shows. So it sucks to see that Degrassi is going to allow Zig to leave without properly exploring that. Mrs. Novak is officially one of the worst Degrassi parents of all time because of this. Even if she isn't abusive, she is certainly neglectful and she has no real excuse. But, now that I think about it, when the writers were posting their emoji spoilers, one of the writers commented on some fan's tweet and specifically mentioned Zig's mother. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, but what if we're finally going to see his mom again? At the least, Zig so far hasn't been excused for his behavior. He certainly has no mental illness, so there's no danger of him getting a get out of jail free card. So it means he has to learn and improve himself and that is something I can respect.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:

And they have two characters who be great for that, Zig and tiny so why they don't explore those issues is so weird to me. I hope so , I hope we get to see Zig's family again. Right go figure, a average kid making mistakes not because he's mentally ill but because he young and learning. How will ANYONE relates to that?? lmao. I get people relate to mental illness, I do to cause of my family history but there's something about Zig's character just making mistakes cause he's young and not cause he's mentally ill that is so refreshing on this show because sometimes we do thing just cause were stupid and mess up not cause were driven by are mental state. If you blame all your actions on your mental state then your not taking any responsibility for yourself and that's my problem with Hunter and Miles stans is everything they do is well he's mentally ill so he's not a bad person, what kinda crap is that?

Last edited by 87daysofTV; 05-24-2016 at 06:02 AM
Old 05-24-2016, 09:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:

Maybe by some miracle, Tiny will be held back. It doesn't seem likely because (1) He's so smart) & (2)
Spoiler:
I at least see him staying back instead of Zig. Plus that would leave time for Shay/Tiny, who will already be short lived thanks to Tiny/Lola. I really would like to believe we'll get some kind of conclusion to Zig's family story line, even if it's at the very end of his run on the show, but it's like the writers don't want to explore those very rich things. See, this is why I love characters like Zig, Maya and even Drew. Mentally ill and problematic characters can be fun, but sometimes I get sick of seeing them because they often get unnecessary immunity from any kind of long term suffering and it sucks. RIGHT. I keep saying it, but it always comes down to me finding it offensive that these mentally ill characters can't be held accountable for anything because they're essentially out of control. Even though there are many different kinds of mental illnesses and many can keep it in check the majority of the time. So yeah. I guess I prefer watching Zig make mistakes because while I can see why he's doing what he does, I know he and the writers are not trying to excuse him for any of them.

Last edited by ChinaTequilia; 05-24-2016 at 11:43 PM
ChinaTequilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:

idk there have to be a reason for him to stay back, what would be the reason? cause like you said he's smart and its not like Dallas with hockey so idk. But if there not gonna use him then I don't want them too, they did that with Dallas and that was just rude. Exactly agree.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:

True. Dallas had less to do in two seasons than he did during season 12, where he played a key role in at least one block. I don't want that for Tiny. But it's disheartening. Richard is very talented, but he's being wasted on this show.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:

Forever bitter about Dallas, cause I loved him and wish he has more material, yup Richard is super talented and deserves way more screen time. I hope to see more pov plots for tiny but I’m doubtful.

Last edited by 87daysofTV; 05-26-2016 at 02:58 PM
Old 05-26-2016, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

love the new title. I have to rewatch again. if you could save a life, would you? oh zig, that was only the beginning.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:

I'm doubtful, too, The show ALWAYS does this with their POC, nine times out of ten, and I feel like they're usually fantastic actors. It would be one thing if there were some miscasts, but nope. They hire the ones with the ability to kill the audience (Richard in The Kids Aren't Alright, Demetrius in BSS). So screw them for not utilizing them better.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Spoiler:
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:

Last edited by ChinaTequilia; 05-27-2016 at 02:46 PM
ChinaTequilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Spoiler:
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:
Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I don't have anything to add to the discussion of all things new so have something old. And it feels really old. Zaya grew up!

(hydesjackie.tumblr.com)
Old 06-01-2016, 05:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Zaya in the early seasons is so precious to me, especially now that everything is tainted and things have changed so drastically. I do think it's good that their relationship has never been one that never alters. Zig and Maya are the type to grow together rather than be eternally young and immature forever. At the moment, Maya is clearly out of Zig's league when it comes to development, but he'll catch up with her.

Spoiler: