Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

what if maya and zig have to play in a play to play a couple
Old 05-25-2015, 10:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think maybe Maya asked him to do it with her and he thought it be a good thing to get involved in to stay away from the gang.Then maybe the gang breaks into Maya's house and destroys it because Zig has been ignoring them. To send a message.The hug and the break in are the same episodes because they are wearing the same cloths so I think the hug is in the theater and then they come home to find that his gang issues can't be ignored.

Last edited by 87daysofTV; 05-25-2015 at 10:35 AM
Old 05-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

^^ That actually makes a lot of sense. There's no way the hug happens after the break in.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Passionate Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUraiXtmYXs

There's a cute Zaya bit around twenty seconds. I doubt it's romantic but it's still cute.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

yeah I know it wont be romantic but I will take yet another cute kitchen moment
Old 05-25-2015, 10:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I'll take all the cute kitchen moments.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:51 AM
Master Fan

Aww just look at them !

they are just afraid that zaya will happend..

Last edited by Soeshie20; 05-26-2015 at 01:58 AM
Old 05-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

At this point, I couldn't care less if people don't ship Zaya. I feel like I survived the worst period as a Zaya fan already (Season, especially right after Cam died) so nothing even bothers me much anymore. I just want my Zaya eventually and hopefully they'll last.

That moment, though.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

After all this time zaya is still here and stronger than ever so haters can hate, it wont change the fact that these two are going to have plots together and be in each other lives regardless of who they date.

Last edited by 87daysofTV; 05-26-2015 at 03:10 PM
Old 05-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well said.

I'm just so nervous for how things will play out next block. It almost seems.. too good to be true, you know? I think most of us realize that there's no shot of them becoming canon next block, but I worry about their friendship because Maya is still in the dark about Zig being in the gang. I'm worried that they're going to blindside us with a huge, angsty fight.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That gif of Zig twirling Maya is so cute! Hoping for more moments of them like that at home.

Yeah, around Cam's death it was a hard time to be a Zaya fan. But it was also one of the best because of the Zig "I'll wait" moment (ugh, we are overdue for another hand holding scene!). There's been so many times when I thought that Zaya was done and they wouldn't interact again and then there they are. So I hope that continues. It sure would be nice to not feel like they are in danger though.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think Zaya is ever going to be "off the table" so to speak. I still believe and have been certain since at least the end of season 12 that they're intended to end up together. I know, I know. "No couple ends up together on Degrassi." But sometimes, on Degrassi and not DTNG, they do. :p I mean, I won't be shocked for them to get teased at least two more times, but I think they're closer to having a relationship than ever. They just have to get over the hurdle that is Zoe Rivas, because I think Miles and Maya are done.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

With degrassi you never know if they are done .Even as best friends I love zaya
Old 05-27-2015, 09:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, the great thing about Zaya is they forever left the door open there by having Maya say "and I don't know when that will be". Its all about when Maya finally feels that way or wants something more. The show can always explore it. I think they intend to at some point and them getting closer as friends is just giving them a stronger foundation. If you really think about it now the timing in s12/13 would have been really off and forced. I say by s15-16( god that sounds so far away) it will happen pretty naturally. And I still think Maya rolled her eyes at Zoemund for a reason, it was major foreshadowing for a love triangle. The writers will come back to that when Zoemund finally gets together.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Passionate Fan

^ I really don't want to deal with another love triangle, but you know that's probably what they'll do.

That said, like I agree with ChinaTequillia that Zaya won't ever be completely off the table. At least not until it happens. They've been teasing this ship since the moment they were introduced - the problem is timing. Maya clearly liked Zig but then pushed those feelings aside when he got back together with Tori. Then Cam came into the picture and at some point during Doll Parts (possibly even before that) Zig's feelings for her became more romantic... but he was still with Tori, and she was still in love with Cam.

Then Cam killed himself, as a result of an offhand remark Zig made and Maya's ensuing breakdown was hardly a time to make a move on her which is exactly why Zig rejected her when she propositioned him. Even though he did want to be with her.

So what does he do? He lays his feelings out for her and promises to wait, but Maya says she doesn't know when that'll be. Because she doesn't... but she still holds his hand and there seems to be this glimmer of, "Maybe she does feel the same way." But of course, Paris happens and she returns from that with a new boyfriend and Zig gets all bitter and we're forced to endure all that drama until they become friends again.

I think Maya's feelings for Zig are complicated. I don't think they're strictly platonic, even though that might be what she's convinced herself.

Right now, Zig has decided to move on. So even if Maya suddenly realizes that she's in love with him, I doubt Zig will drop Zoe. At least, I hope not. I really don't want a repeat of the Cam/Maya/Zig/Tori love square because it would make it seem like they didn't learn anything from that.

That said, at some point, the timing will be right. They'll both be single and their feelings for one another will be reciprocated and bam. Whether or not they're endgame or they only last an episode or two before realizing they're better off as friends... remains to be seen. But until that happens, Zaya will never be completely off the table.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top