Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

The Outcasts |[ Sean♡Ellie ]| #230: Love can't always be perfect. Love is just love.

WELCOME TO THE 230th SEAN/ELLIE THREAD!

The "freak"? The "rebel"? They knew there was more to them than their labels...

who they were;; They were the first couple to live together. They often responded to any problems, quickly and compassionately. They remain one of the only couples to say “I love you” more than once. For all of this, Sean and Ellie are rightfully (and consistently) called one of the most mature relationships that has been on Degrassi: The Next Generation. The two rebels, one with fiery red hair, the other with a skull cap, only knew of each other in passing. Perhaps that made it all the easier for them to reconnect so naturally and believably, two strangers that didn’t think of each other as strange. Meeting in the infamous Saturday detention, Sean shared his history of theft, and Ellie displayed the marks on her arm to him. As he tenderly traced her cuts, we knew there was a connection in that silent gesture. Always patient with her, Sean forgave Ellie for taping his secret regarding the stolen equipment; found time to drop by her job; understood that she didn’t know how the whole boyfriend thing worked. The writers maintained their tender gestures throughout their two-season run: falling asleep together on the couch while watching bad movies; Sean making guacamole for Ellie; Ellie helping Sean with his homework. Luckily, for the viewers, the gestures were a reflection of a hard-won relationship.

After their initial interest in each other, the relationship faced problems immediately. Finding greener pastures elsewhere, Tracker elected to move and wanted Sean to come with him. Sean, risking losing his year and leaving Ellie, chose to stay. This lead Ellie to run at first from sadness, come back with the proposal of a long-distance relationship, and ultimately, perform the infamous jump-in-your arms moment when Sean announces his intentions to stay. A new adventure of Sean having student welfare resulted in some good things for him, including better grades and a stable relationship with Ellie. His friendship with Jay also ended due to the excessive partying that could’ve cost him his welfare. Sean made the right decision, focusing on his academics, and later repairing his friendships. We also noticed a change in Ellie, who we saw grooving at one of Sean’s first house parties, another moment we won’t soon forget. Smiles became less foreign on her pretty face. The verbal smackdown of Avril-loving Amy and the final season 3 Sellie hug were additional treats.

Season 4 only caused more growth for our rebellious romantics. Ms. Nash, still struggling with her drinking, met Sean at Back to School Night, shining a light on issues Ellie had been dealing with the past year. Sensing her need to get away, Sean proposed living together, with Ellie moving in with “someone who loves” her. Hesitant to leave her mother, she doesn’t until Ms. Nash accidentally burns down the Nash’s kitchen. Sean withstands Ms. Nash’s cold comments to stick up for Ellie’s well-being, so much so that her mother must agree. Ellie and Sean shacked up, and delighted themselves in the joys of domesticity, including buying beloved ferret Bueller, a rodent who can’t seem to stay still. Unfortunately, tragedy struck, and Sellie had to cope as best they could. Confronted by personal demons post-shooting, Sean goes to face the parents he believed gave up on him, Ellie along for the ride. Along the way, Ellie consistently stood by him, but the depth of the situation prevented them from being together. Trading their last, poignant “I love you”s, Ellie tearfully ducked into Jay’s car, with Sean staying in Wasaga.

CAMERON » »

Complicated, short-tempered, and compassionate, Sean Hope Cameron returned to Degrassi Community School with a tough exterior, a chip on his shoulder, and a heart of gold. His family life in Wasaga Beach was far from ideal. Living in a trailer park, he was raised by his alcoholic parents and spent a great deal of time there getting into trouble. One run-in with the law left another boy, Tyler, deafened in one ear, causing his parents to send him to his brother, Tracker, in Toronto. During his days at Degrassi, Sean began to settle into a more comfortable lifestyle. However, Sean still had a penchant for getting into tricky situations, testing the relationships in his first couple years in school. He wasn’t afraid to hit, or hit the bottle. After taking up with resident bad boy, Jay Hogart, he also wasn’t afraid to steal. That said, and as is usually the case with Sean, his better nature kicked in, and he started making personal strides for himself. Taking the initiative to become more independent, he applied and received student welfare, started studying, and stopped stealing, making amends with those he wronged along the way. Witness to these changes were three very important people in his life: Tracker, his brother; Mr. Ehl, his teacher/mentor; and Ellie Nash, his live-in girlfriend. In grade ten, Sean faced his biggest obstacle yet: how to deal with the aftermath of the school shooting that shook Degrassi. After heroically facing Rick, thus ending any further violence after Jimmy was shot, Sean couldn’t deal with the internal pressures of the event. Sadly, he decided to stay in Wasaga Beach with his parents. Despite his cool composure and distant demeanor, Sean has a vulnerable and admirable quality that countless people appreciate. He will stand up for the little guys (J.T./Toby) and hang with the tough guys (Jay/Towerz), make peace when needed, search for honor in situations. Because of this, it is not at all surprising that Sean is presently enlisted in the Canadian Army, maturing further into the good man he didn’t think he could be, but many saw he could be from the start.

« « NASH
Sarcastic, creative, honest to a fault, Ellie Nash is the quiet spitfire that has subtly charmed her way into the audience’s hearts. Despite an initial shyness with boys, Ellie has always been known to make her voice heard, whether you like it or not. What other girl would deny queen bee Paige Michalchuk her seat, with a confident smile? However, buried beneath the multi-hued plaits, and witty retorts, was a girl with an open, fragile heart. It lead to a burgeoning crush on Marco, which never ended up the way she wanted despite their joint love of film and dark literature, because of Marco’s orientation. Though bruised, Ellie stood faithfully by her friend during this difficult time in his life, even as she navigated her own personal crises. Her father, a colonel, left the family to serve in Kabul, as her mother sank into the darkness of alcoholism. The building stress of school, a prestigious co-op with Caitlin Ryan, and handling her alcoholic mother, lead Ellie to search for a way to deal with the pain. She turned to cutting, citing it as a pain she could control. With the help of Paige, and Ms. Sauve, and later a support group, Ellie found other ways to deal with her home life. During these darker moments, she found a mutual, loving relationship with her fellow detention inhabitant, Sean. Ellie became more expressive, finally confronting her mother about the cutting; more of a romantic; more of an everyday teenager. After Sean left, Ellie became very cynical about guys. A friendship with Jimmy and a crush on Craig never amounted to much. On the other hand, her style evolved, and where once there were pigtails and fishnets, she started wearing her hair straight and adorning business attire. Smart, practical, beautiful, and kind, Ellie always has her ears and mind open for a quick quote, a friend, or a lucky boyfriend. She may stumble out of birth control offices, or smudge her mascara, but she has the grace and resilience of the strongest of women.

Favorite { Shipper } Episodes

#5 - Season 3 Ep. 17 - Don't Dream it's Over
#4 - Season 4 Ep. 9 - Back in Black
#3 - Season 3 Ep. 21 - Our House
#2 - Season 3 Ep. 16 - Take On Me

#1 - Season 4 Ep. 5

“I have a soft spot for [Our House], but overall, I'd say [Anywhere I Lay My Head]. I thought the whole cutting storyline was nicely handled, and Sean had to put up with a lot to protect Ellie. Ellie became stronger as the ep wore on, and the scene with her mother was wonderful. And we got the intro to baby Bueller!”
-Nikki

“‘Anywhere I Lay My Head.’ There were so many wonderful things about this episode. First, it was good to finally see Ellie’s issues with her mom come to ahead. And Sean was there for Ellie the whole time and was supportive, without putting any unnecessary pressure on her. This was the first time Sean told her he loved her, and he really proved it throughout the whole episode. He truly cared about her and wanted to make sure she’d be safe. And let’s not forget that Sean asked Ellie to move in with him. He asked her. And it was before the issue of the fire.”
-Melanie

Thread Links

Shippers* || Reasons || Threads || Episodes || Reminders
*PM lalatina15 to be added!

our 200th thread ;;
e x t r a s : what if S/El happened in season six? [x] & Take On Me/The Breakfast Club Connections [x]

Recommended Reading

Sum of These Parts by Betsy ;; Because the road twists and turns, but it somehow leads back to that same place.

Misconceptions by Starlighteyez ;; Nobody says how they really feel. Nobody acts the way they really act. Except for maybe two Degrassi students, and even they aren't completely truthful.

My Invitation by Nikki ;; Ellie receives an invitation she can't refuse, and an invitation she doesn't expect.

All This Love by ricochet24 ;; Five years after their chance meeting at the bus station, Sean and Ellie meet up in Tahiti with very different ideas in mind.

Numb, Encore, and Reprise by Maibe Josie ;; the original Elan trilogy, with lots of drama, fluff, angst, and romantic stuff.

13 Hour Standstill by Joa ;; She had gone from two weeks of wanting to forget all about Sean for playing with her emotions, to wanting to be with him, in his arms again, having him tell her that everything was going to be okay.

Behind the Static by Kira ;; He had married his first love 6 months ago, Emma Nelson. But if he had been more intune with his heart, he would have realized that first love had never meant true love in his case. But he had long since turned off his heart.

Come What May by Daimeera ;; She should have known, she later told herself, that their comparative bliss could only last for so long. They were perhaps too in love, and they both had a very faint feeling that it was so, but no one can quite shun overwhelming happiness.

Fanfiction.net's Sean/Ellie Community ;; even more Sellie fiction!

Screencap Of The Moment

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
lalatina15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I gotta come back to read their history but I love the opening line "The "freak"? The "rebel"? They knew there was more to them than their labels..." Grabs your attention! That's a cute idea to do a favorite episode and pair it with fan testimonials. I can't believe how few episodes Sellie had and how popular they were anyway.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oh are we doing that again ?

I'll use this double post to say thanks for starting!
Old 10-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Well, to be fair Nicole, this is a lot of recycled stuff from the 200th. Who wrote it though? I can't even remember. Whoever it was did a good ass job though! BRAVO!!!

You know me, I'll bring back anything and everything. I used to bring back banners from the first few threads.

Also, speaking of which, remember when -sandra- came back for those few days? I MISS HER. THIS THREAD IS ALL HER FAULT.

malia tate
Old 10-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatina15 (View Post)
Well, to be fair Nicole, this is a lot of recycled stuff from the 200th. Who wrote it though? I can't even remember. Whoever it was did a good ass job though! BRAVO!!!

You know me, I'll bring back anything and everything. I used to bring back banners from the first few threads.

Also, speaking of which, remember when -sandra- came back for those few days? I MISS HER. THIS THREAD IS ALL HER FAULT.
OMG I MISS YOUUUUUuuuu

always

-sandra- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandra- (View Post)
OMG I MISS YOUUUUUuuuu
The girl. The myth. The LEGEND.

malia tate
Old 10-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Hehe yes Im backkk

always

Old 10-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

it's nice to see this thread active again!
Old 10-20-2015, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for starting the new thread.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

So who did Sean and Ellie end up dating?? I know Spinner married Emma(??) and so who did Sean end up with? And Ellie I'm not sure, I stopped watching some of the older seasons after it hit me that Sean and Ellie wouldn't end up together

always

Old 10-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
So who did Sean and Ellie end up dating?? I know Spinner married Emma(??) and so who did Sean end up with? And Ellie I'm not sure, I stopped watching some of the older seasons after it hit me that Sean and Ellie wouldn't end up together
Technically, both ended up single. But Ellie was kind of hinted at maybe ending up with Craig, but it was clear they were not together when she left LA.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I sorta took it as goodbye and that they were never meant to be together.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
Technically, both ended up single. But Ellie was kind of hinted at maybe ending up with Craig, but it was clear they were not together when she left LA.
So lets just say in our own little world, Sean and Ellie ended up happily ever after The end. Hehehe.

always

Old 10-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87daysofTV (View Post)
I sorta took it as goodbye and that they were never meant to be together.
I never thought Craig and Ellie were meant to be, so I support this. I just wish it hadn't been dragged out for so long.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

I don't feel like it was hinted that they ended up together...then again, I'll admit I can barely remember anything from the movie (and I freakin' went to the premiere!). Like, Craig and Ellie kissed at the airport, said goodbye (forever, right? Basically like 87daysofTV said), and then she went to see her dad. That's more or less it, right?

Then Sean came home to Toronto to visit her dad because they met overseas and...... maybe that part was in my head. But Degrassi, you've really missed a great opportunity there. Just sayin'.

Quote:
So lets just say in our own little world, Sean and Ellie ended up happily ever after The end. Hehehe.
YES. Emma's married. Craig's a rockstar. Sean and Ellie are....in Tahiti

malia tate
Reply   Post New Thread