Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

You changed the title.
And I agree with your last point very very much.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 09-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I honestly couldn't even imagine him not being introverted at this point.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It really is his defining characteristic at this point. Well, that and his brooding.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 09-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I keep forgetting to drop this off:

Old 09-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don´t really think they´re setting Hunter up for a shooting. At least he´s not the typical personality for it: besides some other characteristics the big point for me is that he doesn´t swallow his anger he lets it show.

I think more they are headed for a social phobia (don´t know if it´s the right term in english). I know someone with a light version of it and in group situations she sometimes just disappears because she can´t stand it. She once even went out of the window to get out without having to pass by the group and their asking why she´s leaving.
Hunters behaviour reminds me much more of that than of a shooting persona.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

The anger part is what stands out.As well as some of his other behavior such as imagining his classmates dead. And Hunter also doesn't seem to have social phobia to me. Introverted, yes. But Hunter has no problem talking to people or even making a scene. Most people with Social Phobia, don't like interacting with people at all and will do anything to avoided it. Hunter has been the one to start a lot of interactions, such as antagonizing Zoe and Imogen. Hunter jut seems more angry at everyone then anything else. The only people he seems to have a sweet spot for are his sister, Arlene and ironically his dad. I don't know if this means he will shoot up the school but there is something going on with him and I think it will lead somewhere.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87daysofTV (View Post)
The anger part is what stands out.As well as some of his other behavior such as imagining his classmates dead. And Hunter also doesn't seem to have social phobia to me. Introverted, yes. But Hunter has no problem talking to people or even making a scene. Most people with Social Phobia, don't like interacting with people at all and will do anything to avoided it. Hunter has been the one to start a lot of interactions, such as antagonizing Zoe and Imogen. Hunter jut seems more angry at everyone then anything else. The only people he seems to have a sweet spot for are his sister, Arlene and ironically his dad. I don't know if this means he will shoot up the school but there is something going on with him and I think it will lead somewhere.
That's basically what I think, too. I'm starting to think it isn't a coincidence that Miles and Frankie get a lot of attention while Hunter often seems to appear to say or do questionable things. His temper, the comic about wanting the cheerleaders dead.. it's pretty creepy. It's part of why I wonder if he's ultimately going to be a short term character. The only reason I say he might not be is because the actor playing him is conventionally good looking. Apparently studies show that white men are usually the ones behind shootings and along with the other red flags, I do think we could make a decent argument that Hunter is potentially doomed to go down this path.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

I still think the anger stands out in the way that he doesn´t bottle it up like a shooting persona would do. He might be able to hurt someone in one of his fits but even if it´s not many people there ARE people he cares for - I can´t imagine he´d risk their safety by shooting down the school.
And then there is Miles watching out for him now. Maybe they are even showing that it doesn´t have to come as far as anybody getting hurt when there are people around who care. I for sure would like to see more of the Hollingsworth siblings having each others back.

BTW Social phobia doesn´t mean you don´t feel comfortable interacting at all. The girl I know interacts normally. Just group situations can become to much for her. The scene at the pool reminded me a lot of that. You could see that Miles brought Hunter in a situation that was just to much for him to handle.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

I still disagree with the idea he has social phobia, he seemed fine in the large groups of classmates in the movie, he had no problem interacting with Tristan, Zoe and grace. In my opinion he just didn't want to be around Miles at the pool more so then the group. Miles invited Arlene over to a pool party without asking Hunter. I can see why Hunter was annoyed. Hunter's reaction, over reaction is what is concerning to me more so then the not wanting to participate in the chicken fight. Its just when he explodes on people, you can't help but just think what is going on with him? I fine those scenes very shocking and interesting. Even if there is some form of social phobia, which is always possible, I think i'm still more concerned with the way he reacts more so then him possibly being nervous around multiple people. Even his reaction to the the test was out of control, such a small thing makes him explode.

Last edited by 87daysofTV; 09-17-2015 at 07:15 AM
Old 09-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Agreed. Hunter doesn't seem to be shy. He's just an introvert and while he could easily interact with others, he chooses not to. The anger is absolutely a red flag and I remember Miles showing signs of an anger problem back in 13B, when he hits the locker and Tristan visibly flinches. Later on, we saw that Miles wasn't exactly "together" and was prone to acting impulsive and lashing out. I wonder if Hunter is similar and we'll find out next season just how he can lash out.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

yeah and the thing is having anger issues doesn't necessarily mean he will end up doing anything drastic, cause past characters have had anger issues, like Miles and actually KC even use to freak out over small things. But the question is where does that really stem from for Hunter and will it lead to something. But like with KC it really didn't lead anywhere in a huge way for him.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

I just have a feeling Hunter will end up doing something major. The writers have shown that they aren't afraid to be a little controversial, so if Hunter does end up crossing some kind of line, I won't be shocked. I hope his A plot is coming because he's one of the most intriguing characters currently on the show.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's my gut feeling about it too, I have a bad feeling when it comes to Hunter more so then I did Cam. Agree and Spencer is so talented, I think he is one of the current actors who stands out right now on the show. I would love to see an A plot with him.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, that's true. It helps that Hunter is not really being set up as one of the main guys. However, if something happens and he's off the show, they'll be in dire needs of more boys in that grade. The thing about Cam is that he WAS getting A plots and just regular plots. He had a romantic relationship that the majority of fans got invested in. He was in the credits from his first episode. No one overshadowed Cam. Hunter, on the other hand, is the Hollingsworth sibling that the writers don't give much attention. So I think it's even more likely that something could happen there. On the other hand, a part of me does want Hunter to stick around. With both Declan/Fiona and Luke/Becky (even though they weren't tradional twins), they didn't get to finish their schooling together. I also hope this won't be the third twin pair where the male twin is a rapist.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

s12 was Cam's season, your right he was basically the main character but that served its purpose but exactly they aren't doing that with Hunter. I think that's to make him more "evil" as Stefan put it, I can't think of a better word but he seems like one of those character the fandom won't glorify because the writers aren't making him as sympathetic as Cam. Cam was like a puppy dog and it was the poor Cam show, with Hunter you don't exactly feel bad for him you just feel concerned, or at least that how I feel when I watch.And He has shown to be antagonistic to a few characters, so rather then playing the hero, who oddly he wants to be he ends up being the villain in some ways to a few story lines . This is all just gonna be one big comic book story line, in which Hunter is his own worst enemy. I would hate to see Hunter become that kind of antagonist., like Luke. I hope if Hunter is on the show long term and turns it around.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread