Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Passionate Fan

I really hope this doesn't turn into a one-sided "Good vs. Evil" situation next week. Obviously, I'm going to have to wait to see what exactly causes this huge fight but after seeing Clare apparently taking naked photos of herself then almost kissing Dallas, then Eli punching him in the face, it doesn't look too promising. I really like Dallas so let's cross our fingers!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I'm really worried about them demonizing Mike all through next week too. Seems like it's going to be that way. If that's the case, what was the point of showing his redeeming qualities in earlier episodes? Could have just made him this jackass this whole time. It's a little frustrating because I've been so back and forth with Mike but it seems next week everyone who has been on the fence about him will all just turn on Mike, and with good reason, after all the crap it looks like he's going to pull but I just wish it didn't have to be that way. It'll be harder for his character when we come back for the second half of season 12.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm worried too. This really sucks! I've been celebrating him for being a breath of fresh air. He's complex, charismatic, and has good chemistry with every character with whom he interacts. It's hard not to be drawn to Mike Dallas. I love how on one hand, he's a jerk and a show-off and says really stupid things, but as soon as he lets his guard down, we see a totally different person. I want to know what makes him tick. He's so real in his complexity.

If it turns out next week that, oh wait, he's not complex at all... he's just an evil villain with no heart -- I'm going to be so disappointed, not with Dallas, but with the show itself for going down this boring, unrealistic, black-and-white, good vs. evil road again. REAL LIFE IS NOT LIKE THAT!

Dallas has so much promise and deserves so much more than to brushed aside as the bad guy we're told to despise.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

UGH! This is just a mess on so many levels. Especially since I'm pretty sure the Dallas/Clare rivalry is actually just a continuation of the storyline with Katie.

Spoiler:

It's just... I dunno.

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 08-11-2012 at 10:18 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Dallas is right now what Drew was to me in season 10. And by that I mean... one minute I like him, the next I don't. Then I like him again... then he does something douche-y. Although, it is clear that he genuinely does care about his teammates, and after Cam ditched practice and went through his "punishment" Dallas was cool with him again. He was like, "Oh, you have a suggestion? Sure, let's hear it." And he does try to include Cam, so that's nice.

ON THE OTHER HAND, THOUGH... he has quite the ego.

Still like him more than Luke, though. I think that whatever transpires with Tristan won't have anything to do with Dallas. I mean, he can be a jerk, but... I get the feeling that whatever is going to happen to Tristan is going to be something of a hate crime, and Dallas doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

In fact, someone had mentioned on Tumblr that Dallas seemed initially taken aback by Katie's accusation about the garden before going into smug mode and being like, "Where's your proof?" I only watched the episode once, so I'm not sure for certain, but we know for sure that Luke was there, considering he was eating one of the tomatoes.

I don't know.

I'm still on the fence about him.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Addicted Fan

It could easily have been Luke who destroyed that garden. How about this, if it's too much of a stretch to say that Dallas had no involvement -- what if Dallas suggested to Luke and/or the other guys that it was time to get revenge on Katie for what she did at the pep rally? And then a few of the hockey players took action. Dallas may not have participated, even if it was his suggestion. It's even possible that he might not have known about it when Katie confronted him. The truth is, we don't know right now if it was Dallas or Luke or somebody else.

I expect the show will reveal that it was Dallas, but it would be a great twist if we found out he wasn't behind it. I think this would be especially interesting if he takes credit for it (to piss off Katie) but it wasn't actually him. And considering that Luke has been shown to have no redeeming qualities whatsoever, he's at least as much of a suspect as Dallas, in my eyes.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm still not 100 % convinced Dallas destroyed the garden- although I'm not exactly holding my breath on these writers doing anything other than make him completely responsible for it.

Anyone think his gift for Clare is actually something nice? Yeah, probably more of a wish prediction that anything else, and probably something we'll never find out.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm gearing up to write an essay on the virtues of Mike Dallas when this week is over. I swear. He is the unsung hero of season 12. You heard it here first!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Passionate Fan

^ can't wait for it!

Clare is so rude. Dallas got her her favourite beer and she didn't even drink any of it.

Also, Dallas trying to steal some of Drew's fries made me laugh. He's just... so uncool, it's hilarious to me.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
Clare is so rude. Dallas got her her favourite beer and she didn't even drink any of it.
So ungrateful!

Dallas just fills up every scene he is in. His acting is definitely above average for Degrassi, and he creates an interesting dynamic with every character he interacts with
Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi.....the only high school where bringing beer to a party is viewed as bad form.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can I join this? I absolutely love Dallas. To be honest I'm not sure if I would like him as much as I do if anyone other than Demetrius were playing him; he portrays him perfectly. Regardless, I love him a lot, haha.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Passionate Fan

How can anyone hate Dallas?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Addicted Fan

I loved him at the parents' meeting to question the play. We're concerned about how suicide is being presented! That was a great twist. He's a genius.

Yeah, I like Eli now but his constant complaining about his hand hurting and blaming it on Dallas was all sorts of ridiculous. Um, Eli, you punched Dallas. Dallas' face didn't punch your fist.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

And unlike Eli, Dallas actually apologized to Fiona for the fight at her loft.

Oh and also unlike Eli, he can keep a secret too.

But, yeah, Dallas, Becky, Jenna and Adam were the best parts of what again was a pretty weak episode, imo.

Reply   Post New Thread