Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Mike Dallas/Demetrius Joyette Appreciation Thread #1: Because he is the captain of the Ice Hounds!

Mike Dallas/Demetrius Joyette #1;

Hockey team captain, Dallas expects to enjoy everything elite players revel in — puck bunnies, keggers, alpha male status. Dallas is a fun-loving guy who’s never had to deal with real consequences for any of his actions. Dallas plays big brother to everyone on his team, teasing and mocking the boys in the locker room, but over-protective in public, lashing out at anyone who crosses him or his team.

fans;
1. murphyboy11
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Okay I'm not going to call myself a fan (yet ) but I'm intrigued. Like I said in the episode thread, I think there's way more to Dallas than meets the eye. And I honestly have no idea what to make of him, but I'm enthralled every time he appears on the screen, which can only be a good thing.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Dallas is an interesting character so far! One minute he seems like a jerk and then another minute he seems really caring.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

I'm a long time Demetrius fan, but I'm not sure I'm a Dallas fan just yet. That said I think he's the cast addition we really needed. He's just so real. Like any jock in any high school across North America.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm very conflicted about Dallas right now. On one hand, he's kind of a pig, but on the other hand... he gave Fiona some pretty good advice in tonight's episode.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

yeah you know I'm not sure what to think about him. I mean he's a jerk. But at the same time he seems cool with Adam and tonight at the end it didn't feel like he was harassing Fimogen as actually sincerely congratulating Fiona on working things out with Imogen.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I think we are all half and half on him so far!

Im excited to see his scenes with the hockey team though.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
tonight at the end it didn't feel like he was harassing Fimogen as actually sincerely congratulating Fiona on working things out with Imogen.
I feel the same way... my first instinct was to think he was harassing them again, but then I realized, wait a second. If any of their other friends (Eli, for instance) had whistled and cheered, it would be seen as congratulatory. So no, I don't think Dallas was leering. I think he was actually happy for Fiona and showing his approval.

Having said that, it's way too early to know who he really is and what his intentions are. It's going to be so interesting when Degrassi starts to unravel those threads. I don't know if we've ever had a character like him before. And considering how obnoxious he is, he's got a lot of charisma.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Dallas is such a Fimogen shipper!

He is quite the complex character! In the short amount of time he has been on Degrassi he has everyone talking.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I feel the same way... my first instinct was to think he was harassing them again, but then I realized, wait a second. If any of their other friends (Eli, for instance) had whistled and cheered, it would be seen as congratulatory. So no, I don't think Dallas was leering. I think he was actually happy for Fiona and showing his approval.

Having said that, it's way too early to know who he really is and what his intentions are. It's going to be so interesting when Degrassi starts to unravel those threads. I don't know if we've ever had a character like him before. And considering how obnoxious he is, he's got a lot of charisma.
That's exactly it. At the moment I think that's a good thing but as the season goes on that might change.

The Dallas/Fiona interaction was unexpected but I think that's what made me almost like it. They're not giving us just straight up one dimensional characters this year that's for sure.

What I'm actually curious about is his future interaction with Katie. Last night's episode made it very clear he's not a fan of hers. And tonight's promo gave us a hint of Katie v. the hockey team. I want to see how this plays out.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm also half and half on the character. He does exhibit jerkish behaviour but he's also loyal and will protect anybody from anything.

I can't wait to see more of him.

I wonder if the Toronto Ice Hounds is homage to the Mississauga/Niagara IceDogs? The colour scheme is the exact same
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I really hope we get to know more about him this season! He seems to be a important part of some of the upcoming storylines.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

He represents everything that goes against my moral compass, but I can't help but love his character. He's so charismatic and funny. I never tire of seeing him on my screen. There is just something about him that's magnetizing. Plus, I really think he has his good qualities. He can be loyal and protective, and as we've seen with Fiona, he can provide moral support too. I really think he can change for the better. Demetrius did say that Dallas becomes a very multi-layered character as the season progress, so we shall see..

Emanified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

10 points for pointing out how Drew was acting like a baby!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

For a character who's never been a lead in a plot, and has been on the show for a very short time, I feel like I have a pretty strong sense of who Mike Dallas is. That's probably a credit to both the writers and to the way Demetrius plays him.

All that said, I feel worried that tonight was the start of a "let's demonize Dallas" campaign that's going to last right through the end of next week.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread