Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFactor (View Post)

Found this on tumblr, thought it was bittersweet (no pun).

Edited: Just realized I used bittersweet twice in two posts. And yes when I said above it wasn't a pun.. it was!!! :x
Wow this is just beautiful !
Old 05-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I put together a compilation of every Cam/Maya scene ever:

Gosh! I can always count on you to cook something up special! You're always after my heart, first with HJ/Sav, now this! Haha, and you don't even ship Camaya! MUAH
Old 05-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle (View Post)
So, this is dead. Why do I always ship the ones that are always doomed.
Welcome back!

I hope I don't sound too anti-Maya/Cam in the Maya/Zig thread. I really don't dislike them and I certainly don't hate them. I wasn't even opposed to them dating for a high school year or two. So I'm curious...if you could rewrite the pairing so Cam didn't commit suicide what would you do? Would Maya intervene?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Welcome back!

I hope I don't sound too anti-Maya/Cam in the Maya/Zig thread. I really don't dislike them and I certainly don't hate them. I wasn't even opposed to them dating for a high school year or two. So I'm curious...if you could rewrite the pairing so Cam didn't commit suicide what would you do? Would Maya intervene?
I think she should.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 PM
New Fan

I think you'd have to rewrite Cam a little bit as well, as his character was dead set on killing himself when it happened.

For example, his last text message to Maya. If it would have read, "I'm not coming. It's over. Goodbye."

That's a bit more ominous. It's a small cry for help, that someone may notice in time.

Kind of like how the villain always wants to tell someone about his evil master plan. If you really want it to succeed, you keep it to yourself until you do it.

Not sure how strong that analogy is but the point being, I don't think Maya by herself would have picked up on it in time unless something happened (suicide awareness video while surfing youtube or something)/there were a few more warning signs visible to her.

That's just my 2 cents.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Passionate Fan

^ There's no way Maya could have picked up on the signs though, especially when she, at fourteen, has never really been exposed to that kind of thing.

That aside... ugh, these two give me such feels. Every time I see gifs or screencaps of them, I get serious mood whiplash. I go from, "Aww, they're so precious!" to "OH GOD IT HURTS!" in a span of five seconds.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
^ There's no way Maya could have picked up on the signs though, especially when she, at fourteen, has never really been exposed to that kind of thing.
That's what I was saying unless you're just basically reiterating and backing me up, then, yay!

I wonder how this will go on to continue to shape Maya's character, if at all. On one hand the writers may feel they've done all they could and just totally ignore Cam for the rest of Maya's time on Degrassi. That would really suck, but not out of the realm of possibility.

On the other hand, they could do the opposite!

And by the by, as for the affliction that Cam suffered from, I really think he had social anxiety disorder (which ultimately caused his depression and things like that): Social anxiety disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia there are professional athletes with the same thing. Some have gone on to quit, some needed year(s) before they were able to come back.

And for those who don't have it or aren't around someone who has it, or don't have the medical background... it's tough to point it out, and I wouldn't expect Maya to be able to.

It's heartbreaking how real the story arc played out. You can't save everybody, and sometimes you just don't realize things until it is too late and out of your control.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Welcome back!

Would Maya intervene?
Thanks cat! Anywho, Maya would absolutely intervene, because I believe she really did love him (in a way that fourteen year olds love at that age). Knowing how close she is to Katie, she would confide in her first, then the two would have made a plan to help him.

How receptive would he be to the help? As seen in the hospital scene, after injuring himself, he worries about the stigma of mental illness, like anyone would, young or old. But, Maya's influence on him is pretty clear in this season; when she commits her time and demonstrates her care for him, he seems compelled to seek her and trust her.

Zaya? I'm not opposed to Zig and Maya, and I always think, to each their own (that is, unless it's Declan/HJ...but, that's another thread). In fact, I can see that they have this undeniable connection, music and sensibilities and the like, and I honestly think she has feelings for Zig. You can, and it's realistic, to have complicated feelings for two people at the same time. To drive this baby home, I think if she had to deal with Cam's mental health issues at her young age, it would definitely put strain in her relationship with Cam, and Zig would be someone she would be better suited to.

BUT, and there is a big but for me here, I really believe that Maya is the type of person to give and give and give to people she loves, and she seeks approval from people she loves as well. Cam, I feel, is much like herself too. He's in this crap situation considering his health, wrought with self-esteem and mental health issues; he just wants to be approved and feel genuine happiness. Maya gives him strength and happiness, and it's clear he is grateful. People struggling with complex mental health issues struggle with showing emotion, and he makes great strides in showing her his emotion, and especially to her. It's beautiful, it's a reciprocal connection.

Now, being co-dependent with each other can be a problem, but, to me, it's an issue many people will and can deal with in their relationships at this age. It is exacerbated by his mental health issues, yes, however, I would've liked to have seen them mature and help each other in that respect.

HOLY did not mean to shove this down anyone's throat, but I've had such intense camaya feels recently; I couldn't help myself! I do love the tragic love story!

SORRRRRYYYYYYY.

*runstowritecamayafic*
Old 05-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I never liked zaya mostly because I only ship if they're a main couple such as Eclare, but now that they're going to be one, I'm not sure. I loved maybell and was hoping they would be endgame.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not so much fanfiction as it is a product of my Camaya feels and boredom: click here for ugly sobs.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle (View Post)
Not so much fanfiction as it is a product of my Camaya feels and boredom: click here for ugly sobs.
thanks.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

There is alot of fanfiction off cambaya on fanfiction.net

Old 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeshie20 (View Post)
There is alot of fanfiction off cambaya on fanfiction.net

Omigosh! I love that fanart, and I love that line. Anyways, I've been on ff.net, but it's sometimes gives me a headache to scroll down and sift through so many that just aren't my cup of tea.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

These two
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hankering for more Camaya/Maybell fics? Well, here I am with some shameless plugs.

Clicky I | Clicky II

I - A short, one-shot about Campbell's last thoughts (Campbell-centric), II - Three parts and more to come on Maya's trip to Kapuskasing to figure out her lingering feelings about Campbell and having his family help her move on (Maya-centric).

Anyone still reeling from this ship, 'cause, clearly, I still am =/