Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Don't even get me started on the scene where Zig is watching her sing the triangle song. It's both hilarious, depressing and adorable all at once. Only a man in love could POSSIBLY witness that performance and keep the love struck look on his face throughout the entire thing. I will never be over that.

I never really thought about it. I haven't rewatched any of the 13A or 13B since they aired and Matlingsworth is a large reason why. I doubt I could stomach it all again. In context, I assume it's meant to be Miles but overall? That doesn't fit their relationship at all. He NEVER sees the real her. It's always some kind of act or just him making assumptions.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was funny to me because she looks so distressed up there and Miles is all pissed off and then you have Zig, sitting there smiling at her so oblivious to everything. As Ricardo said, "he just loves her". I think he was so in the clouds there because at that point he really believed Maya was gonna wait for him and they finally get their chance..oh Zigmund<3
Old 06-03-2015, 12:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

I really do resent that plot for so many reasons, but you're right. Zig sincerely seemed to have his head in the clouds. I wish we had seen more of that from his point of view. I want to know if ever suspected that he was being somewhat led on. He clearly knew it when she kissed him the night he was supposed to meet Vince.

Ricardo's quote.. He loved her. That means that absolutely have to revisit this ship.. right?
Old 06-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Or drag it out even longer.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 06-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

^ lol exactly, I think they do have to happen at some point but they will drag them out as long as they can. Its the ultimate slow burn.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

For sure. But they can't possibly drag it out another two full seasons. We have to be closer to Zaya hooking up than not. I'm talking like I know for sure, but really I don't. I understand that the writers want to wait until the right time but if they do not start making Maya's feelings less ambiguous, it's going to seem out of nowhere for a lot of people.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree, that why they have to show her feelings during zoemund or else if they do Zaya it will feel out of nowehere on Maya's part. I putting a lot a stock in that eye roll meaning she will get jealous. If she doesn't I'm not as sure about Zaya's future than. Its the best opportunity to show she does have feelings for Zig.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well.. we may not even have another a season. I have no idea how they are going to handle Zaya and Maya's possible jealousy over Zig/Zoe now.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so curious about her spa day plot. I want to know where they are going with that plot because it just seems so weird for Degrassi. Also if she legit goes to a spa it be so funny if she took Zig to tag along and we Saw him being a little feminine at the spa. I can just picture them both in robes with towels on their heads
Old 06-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

I WOULD DIE. This absolutely needs to happen. Overall, it doesn't sound exciting and the fact that Maya is getting the plot is slightly irritating since she gets so many plots already. But I love her, so I'll take it.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I figure Maya will be in both Zig and Tristan's plots this block, so does she really need this weird plot? Unless this and the someone on her mind plot is gonna help her wrap up all this PTSD and therapy stuff she has had going on then it doesn't seem needed. Maya should be able to go a block with just playing the friend, just like a majority of the characters do.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's times like these when I suspect the writers will never learn. When we see little of an interesting character, we want more. We're grateful when they expand on that character and give them more story lines. However, there is a difference between "some attention" and "most attention" and the writers are guilty of overuse of characters and I feel that Maya is one of them. I don't want her to become the new Eli/Clare/Drew but I fear that's where she's headed. I mean, come on. There are like seven other characters in her grade. I hope you're right about this relating to her PTSD.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Maya might already be at that point with a number of fans.

But, I'm fine with her going to a spa, especially if it's not a romantic agnst thing and more importantly, involves the Rubber Room crew.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 06-27-2015, 12:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think she's somewhere in the middle at this point. A lot of people are frustrated with how much attention she gets but I'd say her story line is better this season than last, so it almost evens out. I just know that I've seen her praise over he anxiety story line. It's a big step up from love triangle hell.

Agreed.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think the anxiety story lines finally correlated with her loss with Cam, which many fans have been waiting to see. But I think they overused her at the end again with Miles's story line and there is the reason why I can see why people get annoyed with Maya being overused. It just feels they put her in story lines where other character could be more effective and used.But with that said she's one of my favorites so I don't mind it to much but there is a reason we are sick of some of the overused seniors, I don't ever want to get to a point where I'm like ughh a Maya plot. So they should hold back a little and give the underused characters more to do while maybe Maya hangs in the background a little more. But season 14 was a big improvement from season 13 that is for sure. s13 was Maya overload lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread