Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Scriven is a cellist who has also played some second base and soccer, sung in Pearson’s 12-voice choir, skied, danced, and just taken up guitar. Maya wears glasses and she doesn’t. Maya has that stellar older sister. Scriven has two younger brothers.
That's from the article last August that broke the news of her casting. It would be interesting to see them use an actor's cello-based music rather than what we normally get in that area.

A while back, I mentioned that I was going to post some promo pictures of Olivia from that Christmas movie she did, Mistletoe Over Manhattan.

Here they are:

These two are biggies, so click on the thumbnails to see them in all their glory.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 03-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Awww, she looks so cute in those pics. Lil rocker chick. Makes me wish the uniforms would be banished from the Degrassi hallways even more. A character's wardrobe often gives us more of an insight into them, as superficial as that sounds.

I really want to hear Maya/Olivia's music on Degrassi now! I still want her to team up with Jenna for some unconventional rock number. I just can't quite figure out why a grade 11 would hang with a minor niner.

My dream scene would have Maya, Jenna, Jake, and Alli hanging out. Maya is cool enough for the big kids (geez, we need some grade 10s!).
Old 03-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn't read your caption first and I mistakenly thought those were photos of her real family. That was mildly disturbing.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Can you add me?

Is it just me, or does Olivia Scriven look younger in real life than she does on the show?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Hmm....maybe it's just my age showing, but she looks very young to me both on or off the show.

So right now, Maya is definitely my favorite of the new 'Niners. I hope she keeps the low key and mostly level headed vibe that's served her character well so far.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

whoa! Loving her hair in that movie. The mildly edgy look suits her well. And I agree about hearing some of her cello music knowing this show there's sure to be opportunities to fit that in.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Less then ten seconds. I'm pretty sure that's all she was on screen on Friday night's episode, but I still loved seeing her even for that little bit.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

I feel like having another Maya/Bianca run in would be awesome. Since that won't happen I'll always treasure those 10 seconds they were in the same room.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

From the Degrassi write-up of In the Cold Cold Night in the Much press release on their May finales.

Spoiler:

Color me very intrigued. Especially the first part of that description.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oooh! A Maya plot! Degrassi's "...Cold Night" (whatever the title is, it's cold and it's night and it's frostival and Stohn tweets about it every day) airs on my birthday and I've been hoping for a nice present from them. Looks like it comes in the form of Maya. I've already been in Katie's thread wondering about possible outcomes that lead up to this. There's a variety that have me very intrigued.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's funny that you mention the title because for months the name given for this upcoming episode has been In the Cold Cold Night, and that's what Much has it labeled has as well, so I'm assuming that's what it called. That still hasn't stopped TeenNick from calling it In the Cold of the Night.

Speaking of TeenNick, I came here to post a picture of our girl from their gallery. It's only one picture, but it definitely gets me even more excited for her plot. Oh and as I mentioned in the spoiler thread, heaven help Tori and Tristan if they want to poke this bear.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I don't even know what song it's based on. It helps me to remember episode titles when I actually know the song. It's a wacky title and I don't blame TeenNick for being as confused as I am. I actually made sure to double check at the spoiler board and copied and pasted it.

So what's Maya doing in that pic? Looks like the ads you see in those free newspapers. Is she looking for something music related?
Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's a White Stripes song. One that Meg sings. Although I'm thinking Springsteen (and perhaps one or two others) might show up in the opening post of the episode thread. Just speculating.......

Speaking of music, weren't there rumors about Maya possibly starting a band? Or was that just speculation? Either way it wouldn't surprise me if what she's looking at has to do with music in some way.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Hmmm...sorry I didn't know that White Stripes. Then again I don't think I've listened to them in awhile. I have White Blood Cells so I'm familiar with those songs, kinda...it's been awhile. Maybe I should break that CD out. CDs...crazy concept. Haven't bought any since the early 00's? But that's probably for the best since my collection is a bit insane.

I'm not sure what Maya subplot we're getting, actually. Aren't there two versions out there? But whatever Maya we get will be good!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

And good it was. The highlight of the episode, imo.

I mean, seriously, she was all kinds of awesome in this episode.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top