Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Luckily for me, though, I have no investment for Eclare since I really don't like them.
Well, at least you can talk with eclare fans normally. Most haters don't have good opinnions of us and it often shows in discussions. It's like our opinnion regarding any possible subject is suddenly invalid because of our preference.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's like I think Clare/Eli are cute sometimes but I'm just not completely invested. Some haters are so stupid because I can definitely see why you guys like Eclare, I just don't.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyandChucklover1 (View Post)
Yeah for now, all I want is friendship. That's enough for me.
Me too. That's what he seems to need from her at the moment, anyway.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalLuv (View Post)
Exactly. I mean if it is something that's going on at home then he really has no one to talk to since it's not like he can mention it at home. And Bianca and Owen aren't really the kinds of friends who you could/want to talk to about these kinds of things. So he really does need someone.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Some haters are so stupid because I can definitely see why you guys like Eclare, I just don't.
I love you right now. Maybe it's a stupid reason but I've been having a really ****ty day and it's the first nice thing I heard (or rather read) today. I don't mind people who have different opinnions than mine. I like to find other things I have in common in them but sometimes it seems like it's just the one way street. I hate it that some people prefer to make the other side look stupid in order to prove their statement is the correct one. Prefernece is not a measure of intelligence because it's purely emotional. I also never understood some of the Hermione/Harry haters, when they were criticising the fans calling them delusional. Hermione has different relationship with both Harry and Ron. I prefer her with Ron but that doesn't mean that her and Harry wouldn't make sense. On some level I could see it happening, I just wouldn't want it. I always loved Harry/Luna. He got together with Ginny, but that doesn't mean that I don't like reading fiction about them and I also dislike it when people call me delusional. I know he has feelings for Ginny, I just would like to see him with Luna.

Quote:
I would love Flare friendship. But I'm really craving Elitz friendship more. RickyandChucklover1, yu said earlier that you really like Fitz and Eli. Would you like to visit Elitz thread? It's not just shippers' thread (that is more of a crack aspect of it). We like to have certain discussions about them there as well.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace (View Post)
I love you right now. Maybe it's a stupid reason but I've been having a really ****ty day and it's the first nice thing I heard (or rather read) today. I don't mind people who have different opinnions than mine. I like to find other things I have in common in them but sometimes it seems like it's just the one way street. I hate it that some people prefer to make the other side look stupid in order to prove their statement is the correct one. Prefernece is not a measure of intelligence because it's purely emotional. I also never understood some of the Hermione/Harry haters, when they were criticising the fans calling them delusional. Hermione has different relationship with both Harry and Ron. I prefer her with Ron but that doesn't mean that her and Harry wouldn't make sense. On some level I could see it happening, I just wouldn't want it. I always loved Harry/Luna. He got together with Ginny, but that doesn't mean that I don't like reading fiction about them and I also dislike it when people call me delusional. I know he has feelings for Ginny, I just would like to see him with Luna.

I would love Flare friendship. But I'm really craving Elitz friendship more. RickyandChucklover1, yu said earlier that you really like Fitz and Eli. Would you like to visit Elitz thread? It's not just shippers' thread (that is more of a crack aspect of it). We like to have certain discussions about them there as well.

I honestly loved all the Hermione pairings. Oddly enough. Draco/Hermione, Harry/Hermione, Ron/Hermione, etc. I've even read fics about Sam(from Supernatural) with Hermione. So, yeah.

Is it weird that I think that Fitz will probably end up being friends with Adam and Eli, too? I mean...they're close to Clare and if he's developing a close friendship with her as well, I could see the three of them trying to get along for her sake and then realising that they all actually do like eachother. Of course, Fitz and Eli would have to get over their war with one another first.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly. It does seem as though Eclare haters seem to assume that Eclare shippers are stupid or only like them because of Eli. Which I'm sure isn't true. And yes! Thank you! I hate when people call me delusional for liking H/Hr. It's like they should have some respect for different opinions, because even though I like H/Hr I can respect Hr/R scenes and shippers. And yes, I love Harry and Luna too!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyandChucklover1 (View Post)
Yeah, it's like I think Clare/Eli are cute sometimes but I'm just not completely invested. Some haters are so stupid because I can definitely see why you guys like Eclare, I just don't.
I was feeling EXTREMELY alienated in threads other than the Eclare one, so thank you so much for showing me that the shippers are still wanted around other places.

Okay! So I haven't been here in awhile, but, uh. Kind of freaking out for the Flare interaction. The writers aren't just letting it go! He shows up with a cut on his cheek in the rain! She looks afraid! They can talk and have awkward discussion about everything and end up friends! YES! YES!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you so much for that, Hannah! I really needed to hear that as well so I can be convinced that there's more than just a handful of EClare haters that actually respect fans of the couple & acknowledge that they are people with actual minds that have different preferences. I even made a huge rant about that on my Tumblr just because I was so pissed at the bullcrap we had to deal with that was thrown our way (not on ). I admit I'm a fan, but right now I'm shipping Flare way more passionately, especially after we saw a hint of them in the promo. That scene can go so many different ways, I even made up a scenario for them while in the shower.

Aw, I love Harry & Hermione! Although I don't ship them as a couple per se, I absolutely adore their platonic friendship! Dan & Emma's chemistry is impeccable. Speaking of Emma, I am so thrilled that I have the same birthday as her! She's honestly one of my role models right now. She definitely seems like Hermione in the intellectual sense, and I personally think she's gorgeous with both long & short hair. Hannah, have you seen a video of the Harry Potter Cast speaking "American"? SO FUNNY.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I was feeling EXTREMELY alienated in threads other than the Eclare one, so thank you so much for showing me that the shippers are still wanted around other places.
Wow, we really ARE unwanted on FF aren't we? I was afraid I was being delusional. Maybe we should just leave it and start our own forum? You know kind of like Jiberty fans had her JibertyJabber? At least no one would be hating on us there.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Wow, we really ARE unwanted on FF aren't we? I was afraid I was being delusional. Maybe we should just leave it and start our own forum? You know kind of like Jiberty fans had her JibertyJabber? At least no one would be hating on us there.
I kinda wanna keep giving FanForums a chance. I mean...there are some really cool people here, and I don't wanna just say overlook the mean ones, but maybe it'll get better. I say this because this was the first forum I felt comfortable on in literally years and I don't want to see it go the route of all the others.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Aww, necklace, would you mind telling me everything? I haven't been around for the discussion threads & so I wouldn't know more about **** being said about us on here...PM me? I don't really want to venture into another thread I clearly don't belong in. But yeah, there are some AWESOME people on here so I wouldn't be so quick to pin off as a place for haters. They have their own little thread so they can hang there and not bother us on anywhere else.

Plus there's a reason why I changed my signature & deleted my favourite couples on there. I want to be taken seriously as another member of and not be automatically judged & looked down upon because I'm an EClare shipper or some other superficial reason. If they had a good sense of judgement, they would know that it's what's in the person that counts, not their preferences since everyone feels differently about a lot of things. This board is supposed to be a community, so I'd really appreciate that we all started acting like one. It's just a shame that several EClare fans (including myself) feel out-of-place in other threads. Not implying anything here, but I'm sad that my fellow shippers feel this way. Yeah, I get that there's a considerable amount of tension between the haters & the fans, but that can be easily solved if everyone chose to go along with it. Clearly some didn't and persisted on spewing nonsensical crap about us (just going by what necklace, Ari & others have said).

LOL sorry for the mini-rant. I'm known to be quite vocal about all this hate & scorn the EClare fans as well as notable others receive. But exactly how do we create our own EClare/whatever forum? I'm confused...

Last edited by Penny Avenue; 11-20-2010 at 03:29 PM
Old 11-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is how i feel about it... I am not Team Eclare, Flare or Klare... i am team Clare... she is my favorite character and who ever she is paired up with as long as they are happy i am... do i like Eclare? yeah.. do i hate Flare? no... but i am on team Clare.. that being said i hate certain couples/characters but i don't diss the people who like them... that is immature and stupid... ok end of rant

i agree with the title... i mis my Fitzy Boy!!
Old 11-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm sad that people are still feeling unwanted. But the Fitz forum is accepting right?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm sad that people are still feeling unwanted. But the Fitz forum is accepting right?
Yeah Our love for Fitzy unites us
Closed Thread   Post New Thread