Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Marco and Jimmy-Because Jimmy Didn't Turn His Back On Him..

I was just watching WHY and I loved that episode. I loved the bond that they share. I loved the way Jimmy reacted to Spinner telling him Marco was gay...and...everything. I know we havent seen too much of this friendship or as much as I would like to see, but from what we have seen...its been a great bond. I really wish the writers would give Jimmy more credit and show him with Marco more..anyways...I figured I'd post some quotes that sealed the deal on my love for this bond...they are all from WHY(or Pride, part 2):

Jimmy:What's your problem with Marco?
Spinner:Whats my problem? THAT's My problem!(points to the wall where he had written "Marco is Gay") Ok? Told me himself.
Jimmy:Marco's gay?
Spinner:Yeah. And if you don't back off, I may start to think you are too.
Jimmy:So what are you gonna write next? Somethin bout me being black?

This scene was one of the scenes I loved because it showed how it didn't matter to Jimmy. While Spinner clearly had a problem with it, Jimmy just acted as if it was no big deal. He figured it was not that important and his coment to Spinner showed that he didn't approve of how he was acting. And he made it clear that he wasn;t going to tolerate it.

(Ellie and Marco are in the hall, at his locker. Ellie is trying to convince him to go to Dylan's hockey game, which Marco says he won't do because Spin will be there. Jimmy walks up to them)

Ellie:Marco comeon.I'm not blind. Go to the game.
Jimmy:You better be coming Del Rossi. Pizza at The Dot first, then a night of our national sport.
Marco:But Spin-
Jimmy:Spin's a idiot. Ok? So come.
Marco:Fine. But I'll meet you at the arena ok? Because Pizza and Spin?
Jimmy:Always a bad combo. Ok. I'll see ya there.

I liked this scene because while it was simple, it showed that Jimmy is not going to be treating Marco any differently then he already has been. He doesnt care and he's not going to treat it as if it was some huge tramatic event. He's just going to make sure Marco knows it doesnt change things with them.

My FAVORITE scene was when Jimmy was at the hockey game and trying to call Marco. When Marcos phone fell Jimmy went looking for him. When he heard the police sirens, and he ran to the park and found Marco...that scene between them was great. I just loved how Jimmy let Marco know he was there for him. It was an amazing scene and I just loved the bond they had.,..

Jimmy:(he sees Marco, all cut up as he runs to him)MARCO!
Cop:Hey hey hey
Jimmy:I'm a friend.
Cop:Don't worry you're friends gonna be just fine, alright? We'll get the creeps that did this to him.
Jimmy:Its ok. It's ok its alright. (he goes and hugs him)
Marco:(starts crying when Jimmy hugs him crying in his arms)Jimmy!
Jimmy:(hugs him tightly)Ok you're gonna be just fine. Its alright. I'm here I'm not going anywhere ok? You're alright. You're gonna be ok.

this scene was just...it was a very well shot scene. Marco made me want to cry and I loved how Jimmy was there...some pictures..

I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Otep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Ohh great friendship!!

For whatever reason, i never cared much for Jimmy in season 1 or 2, prob cuz the bad blood between him and Sean, and Seans my fave character.

But after WHY, I love dJimmy, and as i looked at older eppies, I realized that Jimmy was really awesome. That is one of my favorite scenes(Jimmy hugging Marco) outta everything. ANd just look at Aubrey's facial expressions! Awesome and totally sweet
Degrassi-Sean/Emma/Jay&Manny/Spinner&Ash/Craig,OLTL-Nat/John, GH-Dillon and Georgie,T7S-Donna/Eric,OTH-Lucas/Haley... X-Files-Mulder and Scully, Freaks and Geeks-Daniel and Lindsay Got Nuthin But Love for you baby!
"So if you please take this moment Try if you can to make it last Don't think about no future & just forget about the past & make it last"~Social D
RED SOX & PATS---2004
Ppixiechk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

i agree. i looved jimmy since season 1 though and felt so bad for him in jagged little pill. that was bad. but jimmy was always a good guy and he never got the credit he deserved. i really loved him in why and loved how easily he accepted marco being gay.

and yeah the scene with the hug is one of my top favorite scenes just the emotion between marco and jimmy. he was upset too and he at one point looked like he was fighting the tears too.
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Old 10-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, they did that scene so well.... I'm sure that's how Aubrey would act in real life too, he just did it with so much emotion, they both did.
Degrassi-Sean/Emma/Jay&Manny/Spinner&Ash/Craig,OLTL-Nat/John, GH-Dillon and Georgie,T7S-Donna/Eric,OTH-Lucas/Haley... X-Files-Mulder and Scully, Freaks and Geeks-Daniel and Lindsay Got Nuthin But Love for you baby!
"So if you please take this moment Try if you can to make it last Don't think about no future & just forget about the past & make it last"~Social D
RED SOX & PATS---2004
Old 10-26-2004, 02:42 AM
Supreme Fan

I love jimmy! and I love Marco....I love this thread!

seriously, fell in love with jimmy in the episode why. I thought jimmy wouldnt accept marco, since he's like a jock, but he stuck up for him. it gave me warm fuzzies.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

yeah before that they didnt give him much depth. they didnt show much of anything since his breakup with Ashley and he did seem shallow when he wanted Ash to go back to what she was before her goth phase. and then in Why when Marco needed him he was there...
Old 10-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Absolute Fan

I love both jimmy and marco. I love the way Jimmy was there for marco and it didnt matter to him that his friend was gay. Jimmy is such a sweetheart and needs to be shown more.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LidelKewte
Jimmy is such a sweetheart and needs to be shown more.
I second that. I didn't like Jimmy much either in the first couple of seasons, mainly because he was with Ashley and she bugs me. But now I love him, and I also loved how he treated Marco the same and was totally there for him. He's such a sweetie pie

Formerly: The OC | The Office
Currently: The 100
_kwyjibo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 06:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Poptart
I love jimmy! and I love Marco....I love this thread!

seriously, fell in love with jimmy in the episode why. I thought jimmy wouldnt accept marco, since he's like a jock, but he stuck up for him. it gave me warm fuzzies.
Warm fuzzies r my exact words i soo agree okayy the first ep i saw was the one after jaged little pill and i feel in love with jimmy he was soo cute. then when I saw that ep with him and marco omg i wanted to scream jimmy is like the one person on degrassi that is sane everybody else has there little things goin on but he is soo mellow and cute and he a great actor hima and marco played that sence out soo well i don't think i could think of ne other actors that could play those roles. I love em I love em I love em! there just soo cute(not together but u know wat i mean)
Old 10-30-2004, 02:49 AM
Absolute Fan

I know Jimmy is so friken cuuute!
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah, I think the whole Jimmy/Ash relationship sorta bugged me. I reaaly hope they show more of sweet Jimmy, cuz those moments def give me the fuzzies
RED SOX & PATS---2004
Old 01-08-2005, 10:18 PM
New Fan

Awwww that epi was soo gr8!! shows how much Jimmy rockss..and soo frikken cutee
Nates_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Fan

This episode truly made me love Jimmy. Other than Ellie, he was the only one who was totally cool with Marco's sexuality in the begining. He was such a good friend it was unbelievable. I honestly thought Jimmy would be a jerk about the whole thing since he has a history of being one. I was amazed.

Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
New Fan

i want to see this episode! I bet they'd be good together lol
Sephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Jimmy's had his share of jerk moments, but I really don't think Jimmy was being a jerk to Ashley when it came to her look- she asked him his opinion, and he gave it- he preferred her old look, but it's not like he didn't accept her new look. In fact, I think she was manipulating him. On-topic, I love the Jimmy/Marco friendship, so put me on the list. It's not as funny as the Jimmy/Spinner friendship, but Jimmy and Marco act more like friends than Jimmy and Spinner did.
TrepeGroupie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread