Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

He's not dead! Yay!

I saw him tweet last night that he was in CBC's Heartland ep. I guess he's a recurring character? I haven't checked out this show but I'm curious now especially since Chloe and Pat's appearances introduced me to Cracked. I'm liking that show!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I remember him mentioning that he was going to be on Heartland and like an idiot I assumed he was talking about Homeland so I started looking for what episode of that show he might have been on. Oops.

Seeing his name in the credits blew me away. Sadly, I can't help but wonder if that's the only time we'll see him this season?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Addicted Fan

It sounded to me like that was their way of writing both him and the hockey team storyline off.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Luke's day in court is coming up. Of the summer episodes this is probably the only storyline I'm really interested in. What exactly has he been doing? Are his parents going to freak out? I'm curious how Degrassi handles this one.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

^ I'm not sure I'm up to date on the promos that have been released for the summer block but one of the moments that stands out for me is an awkward Baker family dinner. I feel so deprived of not seeing how things are at home. And I want to see how the school and their church reacted. What's that like for him? Is Luke even at Degrassi?
Old 05-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

^ I don't think Luke is still at Degrassi and actually he might not be allowed to attend because in legal cases like this the accused and the victim are not supposed to have any contact. Since Zoe goes to Degrassi, Luke was probably asked not to come back to the judge has made a decision.

I would be so curious how the church reacted.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

When thinking about Becky's parents putting pressure on her to testify the "right" way I couldn't help but remember how they ended up in Toronto in the first place- and that was to go with Luke as he played on the Ice Hounds.

So in many ways that family's been all about him for a while now, and it makes even more sense that the parents would turn a blind eye to what he's done.

No matter the consequences to their daughter and the girl he assaulted.

But this little foray back into Luke being with the Ice Hounds brings up another thought, when we saw that plot with Dallas earlier it appeared that Luke was still very much with the Ice Hounds, even if he was doing time on the basketball team at the time of the rape. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be a bit of a public issue that a hockey player is among those on trial, just like the fact that Zoe was on a TV show?

I guess we're not going to get much about how things are going from the rapist's angle in this situation, but it's something that's on my mind, at least.

Oh and I'd settle for a throw away line about how the Ice Hounds dropped him after he got arrested.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm just appreciating how creepy Craig made Luke in Zoe's dream sequence. I wonder how Craig feels about the direction TPTB took Luke in.

And I wonder what will happen to the character after the trial (assuming that he isn't in jail).
Old 07-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I'm wondering about that myself. I mean without that video being allowed to be shown to jurors, I'm not sure how he gets convicted, no matter what Becky says on the stand. So what does happen if he doesn't get convicted? Would he actually go back to Degrassi? Wouldn't that be something.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Does it make me a bad person if I say that I want him back at Degrassi just to see how everyone reacts? There was a situation like that at my high school. I wasn't in their grade and not really sure what happened but he was back in school rather quickly. I guess charges were dropped.

Now I'm not saying I want some Luke redemption plot but I have to say that I'm really interested in how Degrassi would show him returning to school. Since it is a teen soap I'm sure some would have some dramatic reactions. If some take his side it could be one of the most memorable rivalries in Degrassi history.

Looking forward to this jackass tonight.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Does it make me a bad person if I say that I want him back at Degrassi just to see how everyone reacts?
Not at all. I love him as a character but hate him as a person [does that make any sense? As in, I love the conflicts he brings to school, but if he were real, I'd despise him].
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Anyone have any idea when we will get that scene of Becky visiting Luke in jail? I wish we were getting more of a follow up with him. Not that I'm looking for redemption. I just find the situation - mostly how Becky is coping - really interesting. We all likely know and have interacted with a rapist. I can't imagine how hard it is when it is your brother, son, or even a friend.

I was snooping up on Jamie Johnston awhile back and found out he was in a movie called Wet Bum (strangest title!) and so was Craig Arnold. He has done quite a bit of press for it:
Craig Arnold Talks about His Role in TIFF Darling ‘Wet Bum’ and ‘Degrassi: The Next Generation’ | GALO Magazine

KATIE CHATS: tiffPress, CRAIG ARNOLD, ACTOR, WET BUM
KATIE CHATS: PRODUCERS BALL, CRAIG ARNOLD, ACTOR, WET BUM
Old 11-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Anyone have any idea when we will get that scene of Becky visiting Luke in jail? I wish we were getting more of a follow up with him. Not that I'm looking for redemption. I just find the situation - mostly how Becky is coping - really interesting. We all likely know and have interacted with a rapist. I can't imagine how hard it is when it is your brother, son, or even a friend.
Yeah, I'm with you on finding that very interesting, and I, for one, find it more interesting than poor little rich boy stuff, but I digress.

The answer to your question can be found in the spoiler thread.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Can I be added to the list?
socialfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Tell us about how you got involved with the film Ashes?

Dalmar (Abuzeid), Ray (Ablack), Jake (Raymond) and I went to Wasaga Beach two summers ago for the weekend and I think it inspired this idea for the script in Jake’s head. He ended up writing the script really quickly and sent it out to us soon after. It was nice because he wrote the characters with us in mind so the script was a great fit from the start.

What was your audition process like for Degrassi?

Degrassi was long. My first audition was for Mike Dallas, who was played by Demetrius Joyette. It went well and I did a callback. Then a few days went by and they called me in for Luke Baker. I did one audition for Luke and got the part a few days later. That was a good phone call!

He also names his favorites in the interview. Which include...
Degrassi character (excluding Luke) – Imogen

Degrassi Episode – Never Ever, Season 12

Read more at the source: Exclusive Interview with Ashes’ Craig Arnold – TalkNerdyWithUs

He talks about Ashes the movie, of course. I'm not that familiar with it but if you are I hope you enjoy the interview. The twitter for the movie is @AshesMovie. Not sure if a trailer is out yet but when it is then we can see him and some other familiar Degrassi faces.