Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

As you get excited for her plot in tomorrow's episode, read this little Q & A with Sasa, or....Sarah. Included is some pretty pictures, including the one below.

Credit to the one and only Alexa for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Addicted Fan

How sad is my life that I already read that interview last week. I was like "YAY SOMETHING NEW.................. awww man I already read this."

CAN'T WAIT FOR BECKY TONIGHT~~~~~~
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That moment when Becky peaks out of the hole in the display after it collapses? Someone needs to get a gif and/or an icon of that.

And see people, believe it not, characters can sometimes develop and even start to see the errors of their ways, which we got with Becky realizing her charity display was becoming more about hurting the play than helping the charity.

I can't wait to see how her relationship with Adam develops.

And maybe we'll get a Eli/Becky moment to please some of us.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I tried

Finding out about Adam must've really confused her. I really like Becky so far
Spoiler:
Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Extreme Fan

I am worried about how Becky is going to be portrayed in the coming episodes. Based on the promo, it seems there is some risk that she will be thrown in with the Ice Hounds as a villain to spark unnecessary conflict. That said, the show has been really successful so far with Becky, so I think there is some hope.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't know if I saw the same promo as you but it doesn't look to me like the Ice Hounds will be involved at all. Idk... if they are, I'm fine with that! Team Becky & the Ice Hounds. I like the sound of that.

....on a more serious note, the characterization of Becky so far has been nothing short of stellar so I'm really not concerned. I think Degrassi has big plans for her.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That's our girl............

Old 08-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Becky looks so cute in her "Jules" outfit. The mustache was a nice touch.

I am still not sold on Beckdam yet but did you noticed her reaction when she hugged Adam? She has all these feels and Adam thinks it's a platonic hug between boy and girl. Becky Baker is very smitten
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh man... I was waiting for a Beckdam kiss tonight. I guess she is not quite ready just yet. Oh well, season 12.5 better deliver :p.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Addicted Fan

It's going to take a lot to get me aboard ship Beckdam. Honestly, I have never been able to ship Adam/anyone because he is so severely undeveloped as a character and really seems to be simply a stand-in for transgender issues or the transgender community, in my opinion. If he were cis-male instead, what would his identity be? Drew's little brother? Eli's friend? He isn't much else. Even now, I feel TPTB is simply "using" Adam in order to allow Becky to grow. This allows for great character development for Becky, but it's not helping Adam at all.

Anyway, now that I've probably pissed off all the Adam fans and/or Beckdam shippers... yeah. Sorry. Just how I feel. If Degrassi wants to develop Adam, they need to give him his own storyline like they did for Cam or for Imogen finally this season. He can't just be the symbol of an oppressed group of people, even though this helps Becky to become more tolerant. What I mean to say is, Adam has been very useful in helping a lot of other characters (Fiona, Dave, Drew, and Bianca come to mind) evolve and grow. Now he's going to be doing the same for Becky, which is great for her... but none of this has ever helped Adam to evolve and grow.

This may have been better suited in another thread (not sure which one) so again I apologize if I offend the Adam fans. I don't dislike him at all. On the contrary, I wish we knew more about him. I'm not opposed to Beckdam, but I can't get excited about them because I suspect it'll be more of the same.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

The thing I like about Becky is she is whats she stands for like her believe for example
Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 PM
New Fan

What I like about Becky is that she stands up for what she believes in. She also had good intentions. Like when she realized that she was doing the charity just to get back at Eli, she apologized. I don't think she wants to harm anyone. She just has different beliefs.
kyliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Kill them with kindness?

Or change them?

But, in the end, as we all knew as soon as we saw her, she would be the one changing more than anyone.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 PM
New Fan

I'm exciteed to see her character developement!
kyliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyliee (View Post)
I'm exciteed to see her character developement!
me too.
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top