Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
So Imogen would sense Becky coming, and just as Becky starts to launch into her little speech, Imogen would be all, "Becky Baker. You just moved here from Florida. Your father's a minister. You have a twin brother named Luke. You're here to turn me straight, right?" Becky would be so flustered~ and then they would make out
Oh my gosh it is perfect.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Oh man, now whatever interaction they have will be so disappointing. Nothing could live up to this.
DAMNIT.
If Becky and Jenna weren't married in my Sims 3 game, I'd have Becky and Imogen.

Time for a new game...y/y? Plus I could start over and not have Eli kiss Imogen.
lexiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
So I just wrote a fan letter to Sarah and then I felt a lot better.
I tweeted her last week that I love Becky and I think she's gorgeous. She didn't respond. Not that I was expecting a response but then I started to feel paranoid like "Wait, was that creepy?"

I see Becky hate when I lurk her tag on tumblr but that's to be expected I guess. She is so misunderstood~ I don't see her getting much (or any) hate here on , at least. I will be fuming if that ever happens!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I tweeted her last week that I love Becky and I think she's gorgeous. She didn't respond. Not that I was expecting a response but then I started to feel paranoid like "Wait, was that creepy?"

I see Becky hate when I lurk her tag on tumblr but that's to be expected I guess. She is so misunderstood~ I don't see her getting much (or any) hate here on , at least. I will be fuming if that ever happens!
May I please be added?

I am rooting for Becky, damnit. I keep getting into these petty fights over her because it's like...insulting conservatives (not all of them are bad/maybe I'm just biased cause, hey, I'm a Conservative-leaning Independent- if that even really exists... and quite a few actually don't mind same-sex anything - I'm one of those) and stuff and I'm not okay with that. Especially whenever people are calling for her to be killed for being 'homophobic' when she has yet to use any other words except 'alternative lifestyle' and 'homosexual'. I mean, it's her brother who is using the childish 'GAAAAAY' 'insults', not Becky.
I just have a lot of Becky feels, you guys!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiness (View Post)
Especially whenever people are calling for her to be killed for being 'homophobic' when she has yet to use any other words except 'alternative lifestyle' and 'homosexual'. I mean, it's her brother who is using the childish 'GAAAAAY' 'insults', not Becky.
I just have a lot of Becky feels, you guys!
Some of these reactions to her are (as Becky would say) ABSURD! If people don't like her because she "annoys" them... for whatever reason, like she smiles too much or she's too cheerful or too entitled or too whatever... then fine. That's one thing. But hate her because she made ignorant comments? Because she's been sheltered and taught to believe a lie? And when her redemption arc is going to be so important? If you hate her for that, then you're missing the point.

To quote Dr. Martin Luther King... Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Won't have to wait long for more Becky. yay!
Spoiler:
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Addicted Fan

I'M SO EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK! I think we'll finally get more insight into what Becky's really like, as opposed to the hyper-cheerful persona she projects.

Spoiler:
Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'M SO EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK! I think we'll finally get more insight into what Becky's really like, as opposed to the hyper-cheerful persona she projects.

Spoiler:
Which means we get to see
Spoiler:

Last edited by lexiness; 07-28-2012 at 05:28 PM
Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Becky is the QUEEN. I mean, on one hand she lied to Jenna and manipulated her into joining her cult youth group. But on the other hand she was so sweet and innocent about it.

AND THEN SHE DIDN'T JUDGE JENNA FOR HAVING A BABY. I DIED.

Becky I love you forever.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Becky Baker is the most perfect mix of sly and bubbly.

Wanna make friend? Jump into their song and then trick them into performing for your youth group. Flawless plan.

I hope Becky talks Jake into donating some tomatoes to charity.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Becky Baker is the most perfect mix of sly and bubbly.

Wanna make friend? Jump into their song and then trick them into performing for your youth group. Flawless plan.

I hope Becky talks Jake into donating some tomatoes to charity.
I think it would be awesome to see Becky doing a lot of stuff for charity and helping with the garden and giving it to the poor would so fit her.
Panda Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

^ Yeah it would make sense and it would also be a great way to tie some storylines together. Some of the best moments come from those times we're reminded that Degrassi is a school and that all the stuff going on with all the different characters is happening at the same time. Plus Jenna could easily introduce Becky to Jake. I'd love to see that.

So even though we've had a fair share of Becky this season, we haven't had a plot from her point of view yet. From the looks of the newest promos that's going to change this week. I'm really excited!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Addicted Fan

I can't wait for more Becky this week!

I'm curious to see how her storyline with Adam will unfold. I've never been particularly enthralled with Adam so I'm a little anxious about it (plus if they start dating it crushes my Goldsbaker dreams, which clearly is all that really matters ) but I hope it turns out like the Adam/Fiona storyline from season 10 which pleasantly surprised me. Angst is good. I just don't want a fluff storyline.

We all know that Becky's eyes are going to be opened eventually... when she learns Adam is trans, it will be a wake-up call. But I don't want her transformation to happen so quickly. I want her to react poorly and not realize how hurtful she's being. The writing this season has been really good so I'm trying not to get too paranoid here, but I'm worried that the show may try to rush through Becky's transformation and redemption arc. It needs to be done slowly and delicately so it's believable. And we still need to know a lot more about how Becky was raised and how she came to have these views.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't worry. I don't think they would want to rush this storyline especially because it just feels like this is a season long transformation. It's about Becky being exposed to new things and new people that make her question her viewpoints. It feels like every new Becky plot and every new person in her life is a piece of the puzzle.

Piece 1: Tristan, Eli, and the play. Here we have Becky's beliefs being directly challenged. She realizes that not everyone is going to agree with her and that throws her off a little. Like her reaction to finding out Eli cast Tristan. To her that was Eli spiting her and her solution was to tell Simpson. But Simpson was okay with it so Becky hits a road block. I love that moment because you can tell Becky just assumed that this was something that's totally new for her. Sarah said Becky came from a place where everyone was like her so I assume that means the principle at her old school would have never allowed this.

Piece 2: Next we see Becky forming a friendship with Jenna. Maybe this doesn't have the impact that some interactions will have, but I still think it means a lot. Here we get to see that Becky isn't completely judgmental.

Piece 3: Adam. I think this is a big one because if Becky starts to crush on Adam, have feelings for him, than she has to admit that he might not be wrong. However, I just can't see this all being resolved in neat little B-plot where at the end Becky suddenly decides it's all good and she can date Adam. That would just be so unrealistic. Instead I see this situation as planting a nagging seed of doubt in Becky's mind.

** Speculation after this but maybe it's spoilery so...

First off, totally thinking the next piece might be whatever happens in the finale with Tristan.

I get the feeling that after Jenna tells her Adam is Trans she'll back off completely and start to try and "show him the light." Of course knowing Adam that sure ain't happening. So he might just blow her off completely. But anyone who has ever had a crush knows it doesn't just disappear even if you learn something about that person that in your eyes might be bad. So it would make sense that after this we see Becky realizing that she does kinda like Adam and struggling with it. I really like the idea of this because Becky is so smart and clever and this kind of storyline creates a great heart vs. the mind internal conflict. And those kinds of conflicts just can't be resolved quickly.

That said I think before the end of S12 as a whole we'll see Becky resolve her feelings for Adam, whatever that may be- romantic, friendship, whatever, which opens a whole new door of questions for her. Is she okay with Adam because she sees him as a guy but still believes being gay is wrong? How is she going to marry her parents beliefs with her feelings for him? And will her family have a big influence on how Becky proceeds with things? I just feel like the great thing about Becky is that there are so many different ways to play this storyline, to handle her transformation, and to proceed after that.

So yeah definitely looking forward to seeing the start of that this week.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I was just about to respond to mellifluouscloud's post but Asya you put it so well! To wrap this whole story up in a neat little package by the end of season 12 and all due to Adam would be so incredibly stupid. They introduced these extreme characters for a reason. I'm a bit nervous too that they might end up hurrying things along with Becky and we won't get to see her truly progress because let's be honest, they rush a lot of things, characters, and couples on the show.

We saw from the Bite Your Tongue promo that Becky and Adam would have something going on. But some people assumed that they would become a couple in the first half of season 12. I don't think the promo revealed that much at all. As much as I want Adam to be happy, if it's going to be with Becky, I really hope they do not rush Becky's feelings for Adam at all. If this all plays out well, it's going to be very interesting to see Becky's conflicting feelings for Adam. I mean, it appears she's going to start liking him soon but when she hears he is transgender she's going to try and "save" him while not dealing with her initial feelings she has for him. And Adam's not going to take any of it from Becky so we'll see her start to back off and she'll be forced to come to terms with her real feelings for Adam. I just summed that up but it has the potential to be such an interesting storyline for Becky, and of course, I want Adam to not be hurt in all of this again.

I want to see every part of Becky's journey and because of that I don't want Adam and Becky to be rushed. Maybe they will be given a real chance in the second part of season 12 but even then I don't want Becky by that time to be this person who has completely changed her views on life. Like Asya mentioned, I do expect it will be a season long transformation. They have had different portrayals of Christians on the show and while Becky is supposed to be a very extreme version, I do think her character and transformation will be the most important.