Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace (View Post)
Becky/Eli Of course I ship them. That's just how I am. I love battle of wits between those two. And I love how they both enjoy pushing each others' buttons. Love/hate relationships are always the most passionate and entertaining to watch.
YES!!!!!!! So there are two of us. That's enough to justify starting a thread, right? Right?! I have so muchhhhhh I want to say about them but I've been holding back because this isn't a shippers thread. I mean I know probably nothing will happen between them because Eclare is just this force that cannot be reckoned with, but omg I have all these feeeeeelings I need to get out. (Becky is making me like Eli. I live for their scenes together. I keep rewatching their ~moments. WHAT IS HAPPENING.)

Quote:
So why he didn't decide to do it the easy way? Because he's Eli and he enjoys having a rival more than anything else. And thank God for that because I can't wait to see more of those two in action.
Absolutely. Also, let us all take note that when Becky quit, Eli told her not to. He didn't want her to. He didn't expect it! He enjoys pushing her buttons, like you said. ASDFGHJKL; SO MUCH I WANT TO SAY ABOUT THEM AHH

Quote:
It's easier to keep distance because then it's easier to be "right". There's no one to show you that your perspective might not be so clear, that you have been mistaken. It's easier to believe it's wrong from afar than to get close and start questioning beliefs that you lived by your entire life.
Cognitive dissonance. That's what Becky is going to be experiencing and probably has already started to experience. OMG, I can't wait to see this unfold.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That's enough to justify starting a thread, right? Right?!
Of course it's enough I'm sure there are other people interested in those two as well, just didn't know where to go with those feelings

It's pretty funny because this reminds me of how crazy I was about Elitz back in the day. Everybody liked them but I was probably the only one who actually wanted them to happen at one point or another.

I still ship Eclare but I sort of opened myself up more to other Degrassi ships after finding myself the ultimate OTP in other show

Quote:
That's what Becky is going to be experiencing and probably has already started to experience. OMG, I can't wait to see this unfold.
Definitely, hope it'll come up really soon
Old 07-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Actually if they do decide to explore this brainwashing angle it's going to be really cool. That's probably not the right word. It'll be something I'd like to see I guess. It happens, a lot more than people thing and I honestly believe that's why we still have so much hate nowadays because hate is taught. At least in today's society that's how it goes. But mostly I want to see it because it would take the storyline from "watch Becky become enlightened" to watch Becky question the people she loves, feel betrayed, feel confused, and question herself. That sort of journey is really at the heart of every teenager. And so even though it would deal with a very specific situation (brainwashing) it would also have a universal message a lot of kids relate to. Which would resonate with a lot of people.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

How did this already end up down near the bottom of the second page?

Anyway, she showed up again tonight and while I'm sure plenty will be ticked to see her trying to manipulate Dave and screw with the play, that's exactly what I want to see happen with her. I can't wait to see what else she has up her sleeve.

Credit to the one and only Alexa for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

^ Because I kill threads?

I agree! I was excited to see she's scheming. What I love about Becky is even though she's fundamentally naive (because she's sheltered?) she's really clever. And she has a way of tricking people into helping her agenda. And I love that!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Nah it's because we got sidetracked by the glory of the Becky/Eli thread~

BECKY CREEPING IN THE SHADOWS AND HANDING OUT PAMPHLETS IS MY FAVORITE BECKY
Old 07-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Again I have to praise Sarah because even though on paper Becky's behavior is pretty ridiculous she sells it so well. Maybe even better than Cristine sells Imogen. Actually I think Becky could out-Imogen Imogen. Because she has pamphlets. Imogen creeped but she never had pamphlets. I just want them to interact so badly.

I'm wondering if she'll play a bigger part tomorrow or if they'll hand that off to her brother.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Addicted Fan

It wouldn't be hard for Becky and Imogen to interact, either. Just find someone to drop hints that she's gay, and BOOM, five seconds later you have Becky sidling up to Imogen in the hallway and handing her a pamphlet. EASY PEASY

p.s. Mods I'm still waiting for Becky Baker and Sarah Fisher tags!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

^ Good point. I kinda feel like Imogen could sense her coming. She must have special stalker senses.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im not a Becky fan just yet but Im interested in where her storyline is going to go this season.
Walt Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Becky and Imogen both have that same creepy habit of knowing a little too much about people before ever talking to them. For Becky, I think it's pure intuition, and Imogen is more quietly observant/obsessive.

So Imogen would sense Becky coming, and just as Becky starts to launch into her little speech, Imogen would be all, "Becky Baker. You just moved here from Florida. Your father's a minister. You have a twin brother named Luke. You're here to turn me straight, right?" Becky would be so flustered~ and then they would make out
Old 07-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why are you not writing this show?

I cannot wait to see more of her Family and see how she became the way she is.
Walt Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Becky and Imogen both have that same creepy habit of knowing a little too much about people before ever talking to them. For Becky, I think it's pure intuition, and Imogen is more quietly observant/obsessive.

So Imogen would sense Becky coming, and just as Becky starts to launch into her little speech, Imogen would be all, "Becky Baker. You just moved here from Florida. Your father's a minister. You have a twin brother named Luke. You're here to turn me straight, right?" Becky would be so flustered~ and then they would make out
Oh man, now whatever interaction they have will be so disappointing. Nothing could live up to this.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sign me up please! Religious and personal beliefs aside, Becky is such a wonderful character.

After the play is over, I want her to run for Student Council President next season. This would be perfect for her
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

I can get defensive when I see a character I like getting so much hate. Especially a character like Becky. And I always feel like I have to do something. But it can be hard with this fandom because everyone takes everything so personally.

So I just wrote a fan letter to Sarah and then I felt a lot better.
I guess I figure if we're seeing the hate, she must be seeing it, and it'll be nice hear some words of support.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top