Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

That explains it. I know it's customary to make one discussion thread if episodes air concurrently; I just had no idea these episodes were aired that way. In no small part because I was 11.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

"Do you vote for the freak or the...[queer]?"

I've been playing a Degrassi game all day of who would I vote for in their student council elections. If I was a student at Degrassi, not a friend of Marco or Alex, I would vote for Alex. I would have identified with a candidate that represents the outsiders. Even purely on a superficial level of pitting the weirdos against the preps (or whatever you want to call them). And that's where her campaign failed because, if I remember right, she didn't want equality. She wanted to start a war. So once Marco got on the stage and said that everyone should be able to participate in events they can't afford and that he will work for that and with others who believe in what Alex does, I was sold. I cast my vote for Marco.

I still am surprised, disappointed even, he didn't come out to his parents during this episode. But I guess there wasn't enough time.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

He did come out to his mother in this one. It wasn't until Season 5 when for whatever reason, he was playing Hamlet, that he came out to Papa Del Rossi.

I don't remember a ton about this episode, other than Emma being absolutely brutally mean to and about Liberty and Sean sleeping during the assembly, which may have actually been one of my favorite moments involving him.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Crap. I think in the past year I have asked about this same thing in the season 4 thread. Marco coming out to his parents really didn't stick for me did it? I feel bad! Maybe it is because coming out to Spinner was so memorable. I can see the scene in my head - Marco's denim and Spinner's disaster hair.

I remember now though. Marco was taking awkward photos in a booth as opposed to now when they call those selfies and use a cell phone. And Mom caught Dylan giving Marco a not so secret smooch. And there's talk about campaign supplies and his father is so smiley supportive and proud. So mom and son have to keep his sexuality a secret.

sulkinsgregg.tumblr.com
Old 05-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I was glad that he just confirmed what she had already figured out as from what I gather that's often the case in these situations, especially with the mother.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

caroline--says.

I like this development of Emma vs Alex. And it makes you question Emma's judgement, a continuing theme of DTNG.

So much more could have been done with Alex on screen.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well, she did figure out a way to get away with pranks...

Old 12-18-2020, 07:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I dont really care for emmas character anymore. alex is awesome in this ep.