Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Clew confrontation tonight! I agree the lie detector test seems strange but we'll see how this goes. I'm not sure what to expect or even want from the episode. I'm so used to having the very worst happen to my ships so I'm guarded. I guess I'd like to see them still taking things slow but we often see them interacting. With a little bit of sexual tension of course!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Absolute Fan

It's contrived and outright ridiculous. Baring some major last minute shift from the promo, this will likely be my reaction ...

"I've injected unnecessary angst in tonight's show." - Stefan Brogren

Though, as I keep saying, if it gets everything out and in the open I'll take it. Hopefully they can move forward from here. But I have a feeling things will get dragged and with some major cliff-hanging drama for the finale.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 06-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Not a good night for my ships apparently. But I guess the silver lining is that Clare can't remember who Eli is. All her feelings, even though negative, are directed at Drew. And the conversation Drew wanted to have with her must still have to happen.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

i do like that the focus is on them and i wanna see more.

drew was gonna talk to her... maybe he was gonna change his mind and then she went and acted crazy. but shes hurt. gahhhh the tension is awesome !
Old 06-11-2014, 03:35 AM
Absolute Fan

I haven't watched it yet, but do we seriously go through all this contrived B.S. to not even have them talk? Granted it's early in 13D, but this was the one thing I was looking forward too. I'll take the silly lie detector test just to know they finally talk.

Oh well.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
Old 06-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
drew was gonna talk to her... maybe he was gonna change his mind and then she went and acted crazy. but shes hurt. gahhhh the tension is awesome !
I think I should try to appreciate how this episode tugged at the heart strings and kept me flip flopping over on side Drew or side Clare. I just want them to talk things out already! Like we've all said I think that it is easy to understand where each character is coming from and why they each feel hurt or are hesitant to become involved. But I just want them to work it out!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Now seeing the episode it was clear to me Drew wanted to talk, and perhaps even talk about he may have overreacted in abruptly ending things. He came off a little naive though, not understanding how his choice would impact how Clare thought of him. That said, Clare's irrational behavior and inability to see Drew's side is eroding away all that is great about them.

The characterization for her felt forced, and it didn't fit the natural evolution of her character growth, in part during her friendship with Drew.

I hate what the writers are doing here, but hope things will right itself in the end, and the wonderful progression in Drew and Clare's story won't have been for nothing.

ETA: More adorableness!!!

Source
Old 06-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That is a super cute gif! What is it from?

I have no clue how old this is but @Degrassi shared it today. Aren't they shooting the next season right now? Doesn't that mean good things for our pair?
Old 06-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
That is a super cute gif! What is it from?

I have no clue how old this is but @Degrassi shared it today. Aren't they shooting the next season right now? Doesn't that mean good things for our pair?
Not sure. I'm assuming a @ Teen Nick promo or something from After Degrassi.

The photo you've linked to is a BTS from the last episode. I wish we had confirmation they were filming together for season 14, but alas this is not it.

Now for something to distract us from all the character drama ....

Source
Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

They have these two characters grow and mature so much, just to have them go backwards so quick.

I don't know who acted more whiny tonight. Clare with her never ending drama about their situation or drew, who is whining that Clare "ran off with Eli" after they had sex, when Clare specifically told Drew not to leave when Eli showed. She stood her ground with Eli and ran after drew right after.

It is so ridiculous. The whole thing. I hope their storyline isn't over but I don't know.
I could feel everything he was feeling. I could feel his loneliness. For the first time I was really seeing Max Evans, I saw me as he saw me, and the amazing thing was, in his eyes, I was beautiful. - Liz Parker
Old 06-18-2014, 04:01 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiSy TiFF (View Post)
They have these two characters grow and mature so much, just to have them go backwards so quick.

I don't know who acted more whiny tonight. Clare with her never ending drama about their situation or drew, who is whining that Clare "ran off with Eli" after they had sex, when Clare specifically told Drew not to leave when Eli showed. She stood her ground with Eli and ran after drew right after.

It is so ridiculous. The whole thing. I hope their storyline isn't over but I don't know.
So in other words, nothing about this makes logistical sense. Drew left at the scene, despite the fact that she wanted him to stay, just like you said. Why on earth would he be whining that she ran off with Eli? Like seriously. There's a lot of things to whine about here, but that is not one of them.

So much glorious build-up, utter perfection, destroyed mercilessly by the writers. I seriously don't even know why I bother to ship television couples anymore.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree. There is especially no point to shipping a degrassi couple. It's getting ridiculous now.
I could feel everything he was feeling. I could feel his loneliness. For the first time I was really seeing Max Evans, I saw me as he saw me, and the amazing thing was, in his eyes, I was beautiful. - Liz Parker
Old 06-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN
Drew's life is turned upside down after he's fired from the campaign, has a fight with Dallas and gets a reputation as a home-wrecker
Yikes. I'm curious what Clare's reaction to this will be. I can see her being upset and believing it but I have faith that she will realize the truth in the end and be there for Drew.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Yikes. I'm curious what Clare's reaction to this will be. I can see her being upset and believing it but I have faith that she will realize the truth in the end and be there for Drew.
Well, since Clare wasn't really in the episode, uhh, all we got was some 'closure' from the time after they had sex and then Drew 'broke up with Clare' at the dance.

That ending screwed me up. Yeah, yeah, we got Clare finally not being upset with him, but after he apologizes...for...nothing. Who the hell wrote this? The same thing with having Drew fired for hugging the not-yet-mayor's wife (and right after she sent Drew a photo of her breasts...which wasn't even mentioned in this episode).

It was like Drew was all wrong this whole time; but we know this isn't the truth. Writers are gunning for another couple.
Also, the line about Clare being in the caf with Jenna and Alli and how he could stop by in the morning was weird. They hate his guts. I don't think having him 'stop by the table' would settle their grudge.

I was hoping for some other ending? This felt empty, lol.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, the whole Drew apology tour isn't sitting too well with me, either. If one's going to apologize than really the other one should as well.

Still, they really do have something great on screen together and that did come through in their scene.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Closed Thread   Post New Thread