Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiness (View Post)
Dallas needs to back the hell away and get out of Drew's business. Dallas is the same jackass who said Drew can 'hit it' in regards to Zoe. I wouldn't be taking dating advice from Dallas.
Eli comes running like hell to Clare once he realizes she's one step away from leaving her chains (how frigging convenient!).
It's always the do or die moments where Eli comes storming in since college. I'm sure he's going to feel pretty entitled to throwing Drew in Clare's face. Hopefully though cooler heads will eventually prevail and they have an honest talk about the state of their relationship.

ETA: I just don't understand how Dallas, who sees them interact almost daily, could make such a statement. It's one thing to state that Clare might be using Drew as a rebound. But bringing Zoe into the conversation is nuts! ETAA: This is why I think Drew says something to the effect of, 'maybe we should talk first' as things seem to get hot and heavy, so he can know for sure the intentions of Clare's feelings.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves

Last edited by lasha4god; 04-17-2014 at 03:25 PM
Old 04-18-2014, 05:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
It's always the do or die moments where Eli comes storming in since college. I'm sure he's going to feel pretty entitled to throwing Drew in Clare's face. Hopefully though cooler heads will eventually prevail and they have an honest talk about the state of their relationship.

ETA: I just don't understand how Dallas, who sees them interact almost daily, could make such a statement. It's one thing to state that Clare might be using Drew as a rebound. But bringing Zoe into the conversation is nuts! ETAA: This is why I think Drew says something to the effect of, 'maybe we should talk first' as things seem to get hot and heavy, so he can know for sure the intentions of Clare's feelings.
Because of the Zoe debacle (which was awful to Zoe, gdi, Drew), I can't think of Clare as a rebound for Drew...since he kind of already had a rebound with Zoe.

Yeah, Clare going to Drew - after Eli - would be more like a rebound; but it's mostly because we have no real clear idea how exactly she feels about Drew. We just know that she's confused. Even after she left the voice mail, she seemed completely conflicted and I was nervous that she was going to delete the message. Good for Clare not deleting the message because that would have been a step back for her in regards to character (because she'd be going back through the cycle of what Eclare has become). I want her to move forward and not backwards.

I laughed at the fact that Drew came over and was supposed to be the 'bigger person' in regards to the rat/mouse...and yet when the damn thing runs out, he jumps as quickly as Clare.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiness (View Post)
Because of the Zoe debacle (which was awful to Zoe, gdi, Drew), I can't think of Clare as a rebound for Drew...since he kind of already had a rebound with Zoe.

Yeah, Clare going to Drew - after Eli - would be more like a rebound; but it's mostly because we have no real clear idea how exactly she feels about Drew. We just know that she's confused. Even after she left the voice mail, she seemed completely conflicted and I was nervous that she was going to delete the message. Good for Clare not deleting the message because that would have been a step back for her in regards to character (because she'd be going back through the cycle of what Eclare has become). I want her to move forward and not backwards.

I laughed at the fact that Drew came over and was supposed to be the 'bigger person' in regards to the rat/mouse...and yet when the damn thing runs out, he jumps as quickly as Clare.
That whole rat bit was hilarious. I got such domesticated vibes. It's weird, I don't want this to be rushed or for them to suddenly be thrust into something too adult, considering they're finally getting to act there age. But I can imagine them married, functional, dealing with realistic challenges and complications, but still happy.

I know Drew is not using Clare as a rebound, but I think Dallas is implying that Clare is using Drew for that very reason. Realistically, Dallas is probably just trying to make sense out of the two them, so the only logistical reason he can find for Drew and Clare is Clare acting out because of Eli. Hopefully once he clues in that their feelings are legit he'll come to terms with it - not treat it like it's an alien idea.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
Old 04-19-2014, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

The preview!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love Drew and Clare together.

Clare makes him more mature, he makes Clare more fun and relaxed. They're a really good match in my opinion, I'm not sure why they get so much hate. I'm guessing because of the millions of Eli and eclare fans. It's actually kind of crazy to me how everything Eli does is always defended.

Regardless, I hope he goes away after this but I'm sure he won't. Drew is just better for Clare, and healthier. Eli is just all drama, drama, and more drama. It's just unhealthy to be around someone that is always full of drama like that. Drew presents a breath of fresh air.
I could feel everything he was feeling. I could feel his loneliness. For the first time I was really seeing Max Evans, I saw me as he saw me, and the amazing thing was, in his eyes, I was beautiful. - Liz Parker
Old 04-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
The preview!
Wait, the promo - or is there something else too? *Runs to Spoiler Thread*

Quote:
Clare makes him more mature, he makes Clare more fun and relaxed.
Quote:
Drew presents a breath of fresh air.
That about sums it up rather nicely. Not sure why all the hate either. Sometimes with fandoms the blinders can come on, which I can understand. But logistically this is the most healthy, makes sense, pairing Degrassi has seen since maybe ever. Just my humble opinion.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

The preview,

Spoiler:

I saw the ep finally. It was good. I love that she relies on Drew. And he didn't pressure her to dump Eli people are so dumb.

It was clear they weren't communicating and she wasn't happy. She said herself she liked the idea of him more. So whatever the breakup had nothing to do with Drew and people need to stfu about that.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
The preview,

Spoiler:

I saw the ep finally. It was good. I love that she relies on Drew. And he didn't pressure her to dump Eli people are so dumb.

It was clear they weren't communicating and she wasn't happy. She said herself she liked the idea of him more. So whatever the breakup had nothing to do with Drew and people need to stfu about that.
I fail to see how he pushed her to break up with Eli too. Obviously the natural progression of their relationship, the feelings he has for Clare, and just how they function together, have been the counter-point to how she's treated in her relationship with Eli. That has to have some influence on her. But it's clear to me she is making the choice to break up with Eli for her own valid reasons.

I just hope she stands by her decision, and continues on a path best for her. I stand by my statement, that Drew and Clare may be the most functional pairing in Degrassi's modern history. They compliment and balance each other, bringing out the best in each other, almost instinctively.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Another Clare/Drew sneak peek!

"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-21-2014, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really?! They cut it right there? Lol

I agree lasha. I hope it pays off an declare are really over
Old 04-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The E!online sneak peek has me excited! I hope the episode is filled with many Clew sexual tension moments.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
The E!online sneak peek has me excited! I hope the episode is filled with many Clew sexual tension moments.
Moreover, I hope we have some definite closure for Clare and Eli and some clarity on where Clare stands with Drew. But yes, bring on the sexual tension! And maybe a little ...
Old 04-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

OMG we are so close to a new thread! Do we want to hit #2 before the new ep? And what will we use for a title???

My suggestion for a title is something you said lasha4god:
Because they compliment and balance each other, bringing out the best in each other, almost instinctively.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
OMG we are so close to a new thread! Do we want to hit #2 before the new ep? And what will we use for a title???

My suggestion for a title is something you said lasha4god:
Because they compliment and balance each other, bringing out the best in each other, almost instinctively.
Sounds good to me - the title that is.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

new thread.