Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Extreme Fan

So mean. As much as I dislike the idea (although I probably shouldn't say this in the pro-thread) I think it's pretty inevitable those two will happen. Tumblr is filled with essays about how it doesn't make sense and how much people love Eclare. What they tend to forget is that Eli won't be there next year and that the writers are allergic to single Clare, mostly because they seem to have problems with giving her storylines that won't somehow involve her love interest. Which is a shame.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Addicted Fan

All in good fun! But, yes... what you said. It's not just Clare who isn't allowed to be single. It's Drew too! So they are inevitable. Embrace the Clew, people!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace (View Post)
What they tend to forget is that Eli won't be there next year and that the writers are allergic to single Clare, mostly because they seem to have problems with giving her storylines that won't somehow involve her love interest.
Is this confirmed? Because I would not put it past this show to keep Eli around and give Eclare a happy ending.

I also think that Clare is very shippable slash easily put into relationships by TPTB because she basically has no personality.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Do these two want to be added to could happen in the board guide? They kinda have a hype around them now. Funny-weird. I don't know if they will date or not. I can see it happening. But at the same time I was sure that a new male character would be introduced for Clare and Jenna to date next season. But now Jenna is with Connor. I'm surprised. Clare and Drew could be a surprise as well.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Come on now....after watching that "finale," how can anyone doubt they're getting together?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 04-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even though I'm not a fan of these two. they're gonna happen.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm thinking Bianca feels like she can't trust Drew, so she breaks up with him. I mean, the scene near the end of Zombie Pt. 2 has Drew asking for Bianca to promise that they'll be okay when she graduates. I'm hoping they go that route instead of Drew cheating on her with Clare or instead of having Drew cheat period because that seems to follow the character too much and it'd be bad for both of their characters (Bianca and Drew).

Also I'm hoping they don't pull a 'no-strings' relationship like Sav and Holly J., especially when Sav was the only one who cared; but I'm still in the minority that believed Holly J. did care (and the writers just couldn't see her being together with Sav for more than they allowed her to be - maybe they are racist!...and instead decided that the best option was shoving her back into the hell-hole that is Declan). Maybe they'll be friends first, then there'll be a spark there. I can't see Drew and Clare jumping on eachother soon, no.

Although Clare is the character that is seen as never one to immediately take action (acting upon passion) on someone she likes, there have been moments of this happening. We have seen a few instances where she has: when she kissed Liam, then when she kissed Jake in the bedroom (when she was on top of him), and whenever she kissed Eli before the break. Again, she kissed Eli whenever they saw eachother after the break in Come As You Are. Clare could have let Drew leave; but she stopped him and he stood there while Eli ****ed-up with his own words. She was taking control of the situation and yet being delicate about it. She didn't exactly tell Eli to leave; but she did allude to the new job that she was in charge of - which was being V.P. of the students in the school. Clare gently stopping Drew from leaving was an immediate action. I believe Clare is becoming slightly more bolder as the days go by and that is a good thing for her character. Perhaps we'll see more of this in Season 13.

Drew is usually almost always ready to take action; although I do think he has toned it down since he became more serious with Bianca. Given that Adam is Drew's brother and Adam is best-friends with Clare, Drew may be likely to be cautious about Clare - due to her relationship with Adam. Adam wasn't even around and Drew was being timid about patting her shoulder (they are not even together; yet Drew is attempting to be careful about doing too much). I think after the scene with Eli, Drew, and Clare, he most likely sees Clare as more of a companion than an opponent, which means he'll take her feelings into account, hopefully.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Nice thoughtful post lexiness!

Lately I've been wondering what these two could bring out in each other if they happened. Bianca took on too much responsibility with Drew. Their final scene of Zombie part 1 really reflected how she takes on a motherly role with him instead of being his girlfriend. Drew doesn't have much motivation. I think that maybe Clare could give him the tough love that he needs. Maybe their character growth could be that she becomes bolder and she helps him to be more responsible.

An Adam/Clare/Drew friendship trio could be interesting.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I hadn't even thought about Adam's role in all of this. That will certainly be an interesting dynamic to see play out.

Once Adam gets back from the island.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm actually kind of looking forward to these two. Lately I've felt like Clare is sort of isolated from the rest of the cast because of the focus on her relationship with Eli and sometimes I wonder who I would want to see her interact with. I think Drew could bring out qualities in Clare that Eli can't.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm interested in a friendship between them. If Clare is well enough to do the Vice President role once the Degrassi setting begins I'd rather have them getting along than fighting all the time. Plus based on the TeenNick promo it looks like their scenes will be fun.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, we don't get to see Clare actually have fun on the show a lot. It looks like that might change a little with this next episode and would be refreshing.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want a friendship between them, but no romance please.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I can't think of a reason why not to explore a romance with these two...but I'm not into Eclare or Drianca. If anything, I would find their romance refreshing. There have been a lot of over the top episodes with Eclare and Drianca and it would be nice to see Clare and Drew dating and being normal kids at school. They need less drama in their lives.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Addicted Fan

For me it'd depend how it's written. It could either be done well or it could be another Sav/HJ rehash which I didn't like. I'm a fan of Eclare and Drianca but if something happens to their relationships I guess Drew/Clare's the next best pairing for those two characters.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread