Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder how Adam will play into this whole thing, because we saw him and Katie together in the fireworks promo. Adam/Katie? I think so.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

add me if there's a list! I like her so much. I don't really like Clare myself so seeing someone else giving her a hard time is refreshing.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 07-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sign me up. I like her a lot.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I sooo ship Katie/Jake..
and i find this and i am using the term loosly, rivalry refressing.. they don't disagree or don't get along for stupid petty differences.. like "OMG I WANT YOU BF SO I WILL BACKSTAB YOU TO GET HIM!" its more like "You want on my staff.. you HAVE to listen to me.." you all know i love Clare more than any other Degrassi character since JT.. but i do love Katie.. and i totally ship Clare/Katie.. Clare totally had a girl crush on her.. it was cute!
Can we have a Clare/Katie thread? maybe? lol...
Old 07-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

^ haha, Katie/Clare. Yeah like I said I don't know where those two are headed but I think either way it's going to fun to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamahoney123 (View Post)
I wonder how Adam will play into this whole thing, because we saw him and Katie together in the fireworks promo. Adam/Katie? I think so.
yeah, I'm also intrigued by this. I have a feeling it isn't going to work out so well though. (It always ends badly for Adam *tear*) Although I think it's really cute that Adam always likes older girls- shows how mature he is. Personally, I'd kind of like to see him with someone younger, maybe they could bring out more of his dorky side.

Also I can't wait to see what side of Katie we get with Adam. We haven't see much of her but I get the impression that Katie has a lot of different layers and everyone she interacts with brings out a different side. Like with Clare we saw her business side. But the hits of Marisol/Katie seem to show her more relaxed- more of a regular teenage girl. To me this is one of the more interesting aspects of her character because while the other new kids are very isolated (Right now Jake is a part of Clare's storyline and Imogen basically doesn't exsist outside of Eli) Katie seems to be involed with the whole school. We could see that when Sav was talking about her.

Also we're supposed to have some kind of race for student body president - since Sav and HJ are graduating - and I have a feeling Katie is the front runner for the gig. Any clue who will be running against her? Either way, I feel bad for them....
Old 08-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Page 5? I guess no one is loving Katie as much as I am?

Considering she hasn't had a plot from her POV yet, Katie is still making a name for herself. I feel like she could interact with anyone and it would be great to watch. Also I think Katie might be the first Degrassi student with a good head on her shoulders. She makes all these off hand observations about the school (and people) and I'm just sitting there like "Thank you, Katie Matlin, for that completely accurate statement!" Her line about Snake tonight being an example.

I wouldn't say I feel a great attraction to Drew/Katie as a couple but I did enjoy their scenes tonight. Even if they were to just become friends it would be beneficial for both of them.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That nose stud that Katie had in these episodes. Did she have that before now and I just didn't notice it, or is it new?

I'm enjoying her to, although I'm more interested in seeing the her and Marisol part of their upcoming plot than the Drew/Katie side.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 08-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

^ She had it in the promo pics.

Yeah, I agree. I prefer friendships over relationships anyway and it's nice that after seeing them together around the halls all season we're getting to see what kind of substance their friendship has.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Can I just say that Katie having Bulimia makes perfect sense?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Extreme Fan

^It really does. I have to say that I was definitely liking her character before I am becoming seriously invested in her storyline. If someone plans on making a list please add me!

This has been posted on Degrassi secrets Tumbr. There's nothing more to say than that I agree
Old 08-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Katie and Marisol fighting over Drew. I can't wait to see that storyline develop.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

So today is Chloe's birthday! Happy birthday Ms.Rose.

Chloe was also at the Much studio today and she had some funny comments. She's going as Jessie for Toy Story for Halloween (that sounds so cute). There's some photos and gifs floating around tumblr from the livestream.

As for Katie tonight, I'm really loving her relationship with Marisol. Also her chainsaw use. That was stellar.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Made some Katie icons!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

So I really like Katie but there are moments I think her character gets off-track (mostly when she's playing love interest to Drew). I want her to get away from that relationship in the new school year. Tthere's some real hope of that now that her sister is going to be on the show. Also bringing Katie's family into the mix would be a great way to further explore her bulimia storyline since Maya will be with her outside of school and at the dinner table etc. If this is simply dropped (although I doubt it will be) it might be one of the biggest mistakes Degrassi's made in awhile. Eating disorders don't just disappear especially with a girl like Katie who is so into control. I would love to see this storyline follow Katie all season long. It would also be nice to see how her bulimia effects Maya. Is Maya aware of her sister's disorder? Is she keeping it a secret from their parents at Katie's request? This really feels like a situation that would complicate the power dynamic between the two sisters and that's something I would love to see.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Passionate Fan

^ That's why I don't like how they've handled eating disorders in the past. They've just come out of nowhere, and then been resolved in an episode.

I feel like, sort of like with Fiona's drinking problem, they could have Katie struggle and relapse, which would make it more believable.

But I think it would've been better if we had seen HINTS of Katie even having a disorder before it suddenly being dropped on us, you know?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread