Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Katie Matlin/Chloe Rose #1: She's here to do a job. Now, get out of the way and let her do it. Okay?

Looks like she has a no-nonsense attitude. And I like it.

You know the drill....

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 07-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

For a second, it looked like her name was Kaitlin Maitlin and I was like

I think I'll like her. Add me please
Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

First of all can I just say that I LOVE Chloe's tumblr? Snooped through that whole thing when JustMe mentioned that he did the same thing. Liked a lot of entries and noticed that we had reblogged some of the same things. We might be kindred spirits.

Katie seems like such a sharp contrast to Chloe (what little I know about her, impressions from her tumblr). But I think she'll be a nice addition to the cast with her type a-personality.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Is anyone else getting Paige vibes from Katie?

Like in the promo where she's talking to Clare and she's like, "Are you seriously crying right now?" and "I need you to get out of my face."

I don't know why, but I totally had Paige flashbacks.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Nope, I was getting Liberty vibes all the way. This is what you'd see from Liberty while working on the Grapevine...which is now what was that again? Degrassi Daily?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 PM
New Fan

Hey, someone has to replace Holly J right?

From the very little we've seen so far, I like her character. Most likely not a mean character, just blunt and independent. Kinda reminds me of a typical male character in an anime. That one person who doesn't get involved in things which don't concern them, mostly because it doesn't mean anything to them and they'd rather not waste time on petty things. I like that. She seems like she'll be a very balanced character.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I actually got a little bit of an early Ellie vibe in her "whatever, this doesn't concern me" attitude. But, I also did get a little Liberty as well.

FWIW, I think Marisol may end up being the most like Paige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
For a second, it looked like her name was Kaitlin Maitlin and I was like
I still can't believe these people introduced three new regular characters and actually gave two of them the last names Martin and Matlin.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 07-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Well I see Katie more as a young Holly J. But I'm really excited for her character. I like her attitude. And I also think I'm going to enjoy the different relationships she's going to be involved in. Marisol and Katie sounds really interesting because I think their scenes are going to really show us a flip side to Katie's personality. I also like this dislike she has for Clare- it's really the first time someone's disliked Clare and I'm really curious where that could be heading. And as an Adam fan, I'm curious what kind of influence she could be on her life.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Add me please !
Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think her dislike of Clare will be more professional than personal. I think as a person she has no problems with Clare.. but she has a paper to run and Clare whether she likes it or not.. Drama looooves Clare. So i get why she would be annoyed with her in that sense.. I love Clare more than any other character but i also loved Holly J before she became watered down. I would love if Katie becomes a bit nicer but not watered down.. make sense?
Add me!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Hello Gorgeous!

credit to you-told-me-to-play-basketball@tumblr

We're getting Marisol, Imogen, and Katie next week but Katie is the one I'm most excited about.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

i can't decide if i like her or not! i love her fierceness / bitchiness but i hate how mean she is.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

No one wants to talk about Katie? I kinda love her so far. Like Jake, I find her to be refreshing. In fact I'm secretly hoping that those two find each other and become Degrassi's resident drama-free couple. I know some people found her harsh, but she reminded me of a real editor. You have to follow the guidelines when it comes to journalism! Maybe it's just because I'm a Clare fan, but I'm really enjoying the Katie/Clare relationship. It's rocky for sure, but that's what makes it work. I have a feeling they'll become friends eventually, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen for awhile. Usually when two characters dislike each other they're automatically rivals in some way. But Katie and Clare actually have similar goals and interests, it's just they approach those things in very different ways. Ultimately I believe they could be a good influence on each other. Clare could certainly use some of Katie's no-drama attitude. But at the same time I think Clare could help Katie get in touch with her emotions a little more. Katie's description talks about how she's so driven she hasn't really let relationships into her life, but I already tell this applies more than just to the dating scene. When you have that kind of tunnel vision it's easy to become frustrated or even trapped. For that reason maybe a little of Clare's influence wouldn't hurt. For better or worse, Clare's become the kind of girl who wears her emotions on her sleeve. Both of these attitudes are quite extreme but helping each other reach a happy medium would be nice to see.

Aside from that it's cool that we're slowly being introduced to Katie's friendship with Marisol. I like both of them and I think they're a refreshing alternative to the Alli/Clare duo who kinda got off track post-season 9.

edit: Wow! I love that you bumped this before I posted! Fate helping me avoid a double post? Approved!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Loyal Fan

I like her. I like her a lot.

Quote:
Like Jake, I find her to be refreshing. In fact I'm secretly hoping that those two find each other and become Degrassi's resident drama-free couple.
Jake/Katie? Yes, please. That would be awesome.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

^ Crossing my fingers for the fall episodes
Closed Thread   Post New Thread