Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

K.C. Guthrie/Sam Earle Appreciation #1: Because he's a good guy and we know that!

I can't believe this boy doesn't have a thread yet! I love him! Super excited about him this season. Looks like he's going to end up playing a big part.

K.C. Appreciation Thread #1

1. Nekoshoujo
2. kaleidocat
3. bickering love
4. LidelKewte
5. nanatsuiro-rainbow
6. JustMe2000
7. loganandroryforever
8. ChinaTequilia
9. murphyboy11

1. Because he's a good guy.
2. Because he wants to put the past behind him.
3. Because he's the newest star on the basketball team.
4. Because he's Ryan Cooley's new favorite (source)

Sam's Official Twitter
Sam's IMDB Page
Sam's Dear Degrassi Advice Column
Melinda Interviewing Sam for Teen.com
Sam Speaking at Me to We Day
17 Questions with Sam Earle
Sam's Dear Degrassi Advice Column #2
Sam's Pre-In Your Eyes Interview

Sam Earle Fan Community @ Livejournal

Extras:

Icons by Nekoshoujo. Free to use:
KC:

Sam:

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 08-06-2012 at 09:06 PM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I was wondering if he had a thread! Thanks for making one. I'm glad Degrassi is following a kid through the foster care system, although I wish that we could have seen it from start (removal from his home) to finish (graduating the system when he turns 18).

Add me!

Pretty graphics! Anyone else got any reasons?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

Added! and thanks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I'm glad Degrassi is following a kid through the foster care system, although I wish that we could have seen it from start (removal from his home) to finish (graduating the system when he turns 18).
Me too! Foster care/group home life was at the top of my list for Degrassi to cover. There's so much potential there, and the dynamic is so different from the other kids that I find it very exciting. I'm glad they picked KC for this storyline too. Maybe we didn't get to see him removed from his home, but I think that could be okay. It gives us the sense KC may have been in the system for awhile now, and I don't mind that. It definitely plays into who he is.

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 10-28-2009 at 05:10 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

This thread really should have gotten a lot more attention after Sam/KC's big episode a couple weeks back. IMO, those were the best episodes of the season. And I'm still creeped out by much of it.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh add me please!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Added <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)

This thread really should have gotten a lot more attention after Sam/KC's big episode a couple weeks back. IMO, those were the best episodes of the season. And I'm still creeped out by much of it.
I am surprised to. Especially since Sam really proved he could act in HLM. You would think we would see a little more love. Personally, I have a lot more appreciation for Sam as an actor after those episodes. Lately, I've been thinking I like Sam more than KC. He seems really smart for his age. Very sarcastic and actually nice to his fans. (Actually he sounds a lot like the old season 8 KC...)
His twitter is hilarious!

I loved his advice spot on Teennick.com:
@teennick | Celebrity Gossip & Teen Blogs | TeenNick

I like his humor about Degrassi itself as well:
Certain guys may tell you to "Let the game come to you", sure, these guys may be gifted in both academics and athletics, they may be outrageously cool and immeasurably awesome, but their optimism is too much in this case.

And not even someone with swagger like Dave Turner's can simply sit back and expect true love to come knocking on their door.

All the comments from the Teennick kids were like: "I WANT TO MARRY SAM!!!"
For once, I agree with the Teennick Kids.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Absolute Fan

You can add me!
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I know KC has received some criticism after Heart Like Mine for the way he's treating Clare but I don't know...I think I understand him. He's just a fourteen year old boy. I think he's stunned by the attention he's getting and trying to soak it up and enjoy it. It kind of reminds me of Craig in a way (oh no, now you all are going to for sure hate him aren't you? ). Like Craig, maybe even more so, KC hasn't had a steady father figure in his life to show him how to treat girls. IMO Heart Like Mine was showing how impressionable a kid like KC is and the coach was rubbing off on him and KC was trying to be the only man he knew how to be for the time being. He might have other father figures in his life but I doubt anyone has shown him as much affection as the coach has. KC was perfect for the Heart Like Mine storyline.

I remember first "meeting" Sam on vSide for the Minor Niners day. Melinda and Aislinn were so chatty and then when Sam finally spoke up I was all WHO THE HELL IS TALKING NOW? I thought some random person had entered the room. But this was when no one knew who these kids were. Sam seems pretty chill from his Twitter posts.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Added!
______
Actually I totally agree. I've been seeing the similarities between KC and Craig for awhile now. But, I'm not a big Craig fan so... I think the difference is that KC actually cares more about the people around him than Craig does. Craig was a bit more self focused. But the emotional problems, daddy issues... very similar. (Maybe that's why they hooked him up with Jenna. She has some similarities to Ashley I think. Only thing is I loved Crash, and Kenna is just.... well I'm not a fan I'll put it that way)
KC really was the perfect choice for HLM. He is exactly the kind of kid those pervs single out. I'm so glad they went there.

haha, that's so funny! He must have been shy. He seems a lot more outgoing now in interviews in things. I mean, he's very new to the industry Degrassi is his first major role, whereas somelike Aislinn has been acting for awhile now, so I'm not surprised he was shy earlier.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think partly what happens with abused/neglected kids is that they become a bit self-absorbed basically out of survival. If they aren't being cared for at home they might learn that they are on their own and will put their own needs first. That can be a difficult thing to unlearn.

I'm thinking the KC/Jenna pairing happened mostly because she's more likely to sneak off with him to a motel room. I don't see Clare letting that happen at all. I think KC and Jenna might be more likely to try to act older than they are. That last scene of her comforting him was cute...but I still don't really trust Jenna.

Yeah! Sam really seems to be coming into his own. I like to watch him go back and forth with DTNG_UNCENSORED.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

That is very true. It is an adaption technique. It's just that KC is often able to look past that. I think the coach reinforced that side of him though. It helps that KC is very smart. I think he's able to really look at his own behavior, like when he apologized to Clare where as Craig had a lot more trouble with that.

yeah, exactly. KC/Jenna seems to mostly be a plot device couple. For sure Clare wouldn't have gone to that hotel room, so they really need Jenna for that. Also I think they really wanted to take Clare in this new direction and they needed a catalyst for that. I get the feeling the Clare/Jenna rivalry won't be short lived either. I'm just not buying into them at all. I can't believe Jenna didn't take any responsibility for that. I don't trust her either. That's just not something a real friend would do. Klare fan or not, I can't like a couple that got together the way they did. I see that kind of thing in real life too and it disgusts me.

Me too! Those tweets are so funny!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Bump!

More of Sam being amazingly smart:
http://www.teennick.com/community/ns...5&tag=degrassi

I totally agree with this one. I'm basically the only one of my friends who doesn't smoke and I always want to say something even though I know there's nothing I can do.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm willing to bet that Sam is around teens and young people who smoke every day while he's on set. We know that more than a few of the original D:TNG did smoke at one point.

Glad to see Sam hasn't picked up the habit.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Wow! Sam's a smart kid! How old is he anyway? That was very well written. Nice of him to give such a thoughtful response!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think Sam is 16.

Reply   Post New Thread