Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So every once and awhile I crawl out from under my rock and I see Drake in some dramatic headline.

Do you have a secret kid and recently fondled a 17 year old? Or is this just like, rapper gossip, YOLO?
Old 02-13-2019, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

After apparently declining to perform at the Grammys to protest the lack of diversity among the voters, Aubrey did show up to accept the award for Best Rap Song. He then proceeded to tell the Grammys just how important (or rather not important) they are. And then they cut his speech off. To be fair I watched a lot of that show and most winners (except for the godawful Cardi B) were indeed cut ofc by the producers. Here's a clip.

And in other news, his breakthrough mix tape, So Far Gone came out ten years ago on 2/13/09. To celebrate the 10th Anniversary, So Far Gone is now available to stream at wherever you might want to do that.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thank you Aubrey's mom for the rides to Degrassi High and all the tuna sandwiches!

champagnepapi 27 Billboard Awards so floored can’t even really register it but scroll to the 4th pic to see my most flattering shot of the night.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Aubrey is an Executive Producer for this show, which debuts next month on HBO. The phrase "trying way too hard" comes to mind, but maybe the show will be a bit different?

Old 05-19-2019, 08:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 05-26-2019, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

miriamkatherine26 You better be there Saturday. Need more courtside entertainment.

Hmmm. A History of Drake's Most Memorable NBA Courtside Moments.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait to see what Drake will do if the Raptors win the championship (hopefully this won't jinx the team)
Old 06-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Are the Raptors still in it? ( Niamh had the most hilarious IG story where she is in a bar with a friend and screaming sports fans and she asks what is going on and the friend is all "they ****ing won!" )

Drake Took ‘O Canada’ to the Next Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
Why are the Raptors called the Raptors?
The influence of the film stretched so far as to cover the NBA. When Toronto's expansion team chose its name in 1994, they settled on "Raptors" in part because of the popularity of "Jurassic Park."
Excuse me while I go and see if I can do some learning on this this team.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

You didn't actually think that the Raptors' most famous fan wasn't going to celebrate that NBA title in style, did you?

champagnepapi- Got one.

champagnepapi- THE BEST IN THE WORLD all photos by*@theo.skudra

champagnepapi- The syndicate got they hand in plenty things

Old 06-18-2019, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Here's everything else you need to know about HBO's newest show "Euphoria." (but you will need to turn off your ad blocker)
Quote:
It was produced by Drake — but is way more graphic than "Degrassi."

Rapper Drake famously kicked off his career with a seven-season arc on Canadian teen drama "Degrassi," so it's not that entirely surprising that he's an executive producer of "Euphoria." But while "Degrassi" was pretty reserved in the way it handled addiction, teen pregnancy, and other such issues, "Euphoria" seems like it will take a much more graphic look at the modern teenage experience.
Quote:
Levinson said to THR that the locker room scene was meant to be a gender-bent reference to the opening scenes of "Carrie," but had to tone it down because the original featured "like, 80 more" penises.
I didn't think 30 was nearly enough!

Okay so I'm not very good at leading discussion. Or I am just a little distracted. Let's let Kary take this one.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I read an article in the Washington Post (it's behind a paywall so I won't link) about the controversy with Euphoria and other teen shows pushing boundaries. It came back around to Degrassi and ultimately the writer concluded that Degrassi went "there" because it had to. This one does it because it can. I thought that was a good way of summing up how I generally feel when I see these newer over the top teen shows. I still haven't watched one episode of 13 Reasons Why or Euphoria. I suspect I never will. On the other hand, I am seriously considering rewatching Skins ( as well this board's favorite show, need to get moving on that) so what do I know?

From the Raptors parade.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well, this is my incentive to watch Euphoria. One of my favorite singers has a song in it tonight and she says it is her favorite show. Of course if one of my songs was in an HBO show that would be my favorite network and show too.

This promo doesn't make it seem over the top.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Sometimes you can go home again.

champagnepapi-*Used to live in one of the units in this house with my mom. Address makes sense now.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

He did make a baby!

champagnepapi

What is most important for you right now is to connect to your own inner light. This will create the biggest opening of all. Trust that you have all of the power within to make this happen, and in order to do that connect to the people and things that bring you a lot of joy. When the mind starts to move into overthinking or fear, shift your attention right away to something bright. It doesn’t matter what has happened in the past or what is happening around us now, you can always make the choice to break free of the wheel of suffering and panic and open up to your own light. We are powerful manifestors , so once you make the choice in the moment to shift your awareness to something good, it will show you in your reality. Be conscious, especially right now of fears coming in from others, and recognize that not everything should be held by you. Laughter is your best medicine, but tears can also be a powerful release. Let go of any judgment you may have around that. Remember that you are never alone, and if you need to be reminded of that ask for support and it will show up. Everything comes down to intention, and even though there are conflicting energies circling around us you must KNOW...It will rebuild. But in order for that to happen, you have to do exactly that. Trust. You have the biggest heart and that is your greatest gift. It’s impossible to always control your surroundings, but when you shift the focus to how you want to feel, everything will conspire to assist you. I love and miss my beautiful family and friends and I can’t wait for the joyful day when we are all able to reunite. Until then please keep your lights on.

Page Six: Drake shares photos of son Adonis for first time: ‘Miss my beautiful family’
Old 06-18-2020, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi's Most Famous did give us a little throwback last month.

Reply   Post New Thread