Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

^ New one? To be honest I'm a little on the fence about if I'm worried about that or not. At first when I read it I thought he would just be Drew 2.0 but now I'm thinking maybe they're going to show a different side to the "hottie" sterotype.

Drew knows he's boss -well until he cheated on Alli and then wasn't so boss- because he's always been attractive and althletic. But I feel like Jake is new to the "hottie" status and probably doesn't have the attitude yet.

Just some of the things in his description like: "he doesn't play games" and girls aren't his #1 priority make me think he's less of a hottie and more of a nice guy who doesn't realize how cute he is. I kinda hope that means he'll be the kind of guy that hangs with a lot of people. Like he can fit in with the jocks but is also chill with kids who may not be as popular.

Degrassi is really clique-based so I think it would be cool if Jake was more of floater. Kinda a loner but can chill with everyone.

@murphyboy11 - Added

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 04-26-2011 at 03:02 PM
Old 04-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow...you just completely picked up on what I was worried about and completely dispelled my fears. If he lives up to your description, I'll be very happy indeed.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Thanks for the add!
BTW Im Jordan
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 04-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Can you please add me? I can't wait to see what Jake is like!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love The pics from Ustream.. which made me realize how cute Justin/Aislinn look together.. which made me nervous about how cute Jake/Clare will look..

i have a HUGE crush on Justin and I love Aislinn.. i always wanted Justin/Aislinn to star on something as love interest.. but i don't really want "Cake" Eclare to me is what real love is.. even though it was f-uped in the end... i still want them back
but a Cake friendship... i would totes support!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

^ haha, Degrassi is one of the few shows where I have an actor bias, maybe because the cast is so tight knit? In any case the actor's relationships often spill into how I feel about a couple- like why I want KC/Katie to happen so bad >.<

This is another case of that. I actually thought Justin/Aislinn would make a great couple long before he was cast as Jake so now the idea that these two could be making out on my tv screen every Friday night appeals to me even if I would much rather see a brother/sister relationship. I just think this show could use another boy/girl friendship. I know I'm biased because I tend to hang with guys but I feel like those friendships are more common than Degrassi makes them out to be- although they did a good job with the Misfits this season. Plus like I said before I feel like we missed out on seeing the Darcy/Clare relationship so I think this could be something similar. Ultimately I think that Degrassi does family storylines really well- just look at the Sav/Alli storyline from In Too Deep- and so I want to see more of them. There's a lot of different dynamics they have in play right now and we've seen that they can really show different sides of people.

Just look at Drew. He mostly came off as a jerk but we got to see him in much nicer light around Adam because he's a great brother. And personally I thought Alli really shined in the Bhandari plot- and I don't even like Alli that much. So the fact that Jake seems to have this whole new family dynamic really interest me. I also think it'll be great to see how different families interact. Since Degrassi usually doesn't spend too much time in character's homes this has not been something they've really explored. Honestly I can't even think of a similar situation in the past 10 seasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Thanks for the add!
BTW Im Jordan
*waves* I see you around a lot of threads, I think we might have similar taste >.< I'm Asya by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auti3luvsU (View Post)
Can you please add me? I can't wait to see what Jake is like!
Added <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
Wow...you just completely picked up on what I was worried about and completely dispelled my fears. If he lives up to your description, I'll be very happy indeed.
Let's hope the writers don't let us down. Although the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. They cast JKelly for a reason and the thing he always brings to his roles is sincerity. His has this natural sweetness about him that comes through when he plays snarkier roles. So yeah, that's another reason I think they'll go this way and not the typical jerk route.

Speaking of Justin, I bought Change of Plans today. It's not the best family movie I've ever seen but it had some really nice moments. I can tell you that Justin was absolutely adorable in it. It's kinda funny but overall the acting in it was sub par so he actually stood out to me like- wow I forgot he had real talent! He's only in a couple scenes but it's a very cute role: a lot quieter than his other work.

He is quite pretty in it as well:
Old 04-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Hi Asya!
Nice to meet you
Ive seen you around too!

Im excited to see Justin on the show!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 PM
New Fan

Can you add me? : D

btw. i've made it yesterday

Old 04-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Loyal Fan

^ Aw! Good job, I like it!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Just found this on Tumblr...

I'm pretty sure that's Aislinn in the background with Justin.

Or someone who looks strikingly similar to them.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Extreme Fan

^ Either they are not filming or they finally got rid of those horrid uniforms
Old 04-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

@Jordan- haha, kinda feel like this place is starting to feel like more of a community again~

@Kimberly- Added and that banner is beautiful! They look supercute together. They have such a sweet playfulness about them.

I have a feeling they were just hanging out on set. Sam tweeted something about looking at the science specimen jars that when they were chillin' in there or something.

Wonder if we'll be getting some KC/Jake scenes? Seems like their characters would get along well enough. From what I've heard about who is filming with who it sounds like they're once again trying to connect the characters and not keep them as isolated as they used to be with all the cliques. If they need a few new characters to bridge the gaps so be it!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Someone tweeted Stephen asking if it was true if Jake had a childhood connection with Clare and he responded with, "hint: frogs." What does that mean?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:01 AM
Master Fan

They caught frogs together at the cottage when they were little maybe? Or it could be a tease... I don't trust their hints anymore. :]
Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Passionate Fan

... or maybe they're biology partners and dissecting frogs.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread