Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Jack Jones {Niamh Wilson} Appreciation #1: She's caught our eye with her fashion sense & dance moves.

Jack Jones {Niamh Wilson} Appreciation

Niamh (pronounced "Neve") Wilson began her career while only in preschool. Only weeks after signing with an agent she landed a role in a Warner Bros. pilot, Chasing Alice, playing the title character as a young girl. While the pilot did not result in a series, the experience served Niamh well as she moved on to work in commercials, TV and film. The 2005 Lifetime TV original movie Haunting Sarah was Niamh's first challenging role. Director Ralph Hemecker remembered Niamh from his pilot, Chasing Alice, and cast her as a young girl haunted by the spirit of her cousin in this supernatural thriller. The result won Niamh a Best Supporting Actress in a MOW Young Artist Award in 2006. Niamh turned the tables in her next role -- this time playing a trapped spirit who haunts Gabrielle Anwar in the feature film The Marsh. Many hours were spent every day in the makeup chair preparing Niamh to look dead. Although the role had limited dialog, it called for significant emotional depth. Niamh credits her work on The Marsh as a time when she really grew and developed as an actress, in good measure due to the support of Anwar and director Jordan Barker. 2006 was a busy year for Niamh, with work in Saw Ill, a regular role in the short lived CW series Runaway, and two Lifetime MOWs. Niamh Wilson lives outside Toronto, Ontario with her parents, two older brothers, two cats, a dog and the fish adopted from the MOW Uninvited. She attends French Immersion school, loves to draw, camp and travel. {IMDB}
Niamh Wilson on Twitter
NiamhWilson.Net
DEBRA! Niamh Wilson at the 33rd Annual Young Artists Awards
After Degrassi: Niamh Wilson & Luke Bilyk

Supporters
1. kaleidocat

IMAGE CREDIT - {*} {**} {***}
Old 07-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Support

I think she's interesting. She seems totally... transparent. Even though we clearly don't know much about her, I feel like she's incredibly... real. I don't know how to explain it any better than this.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

She herself thats why i Love her so much
Old 07-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

woo hoo! Jack gets her own thread <3

I'd like to be added. I have to say Jack has made a bigger mark than the usual "love interest" somehow Niamh manages to make every scene her own. She's fun, she's cool without trying to hard, and I like that she still manages to be very social even though she's not the usual "popular" girl.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That scene with all the kids smoking pot inside a dance studio was petty absurd, but I'm generally liking Jack the more I see of her.

Great opening post, Nicole!

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Maybe it is just a really cool dance studio where rules don't matter. O.o
Old 07-17-2014, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Despite not getting an a-plot for herself - YET! - I think she has been pretty surprising. When I first saw her and her interactions I thought she would be more serious and maybe a little stuck up. She is driven - I liked seeing her being a bit hard on Clare for working at the Triathlon club - but she also knows how to let loose. I don't know if all fans will like her drinking and smoking pot but I think she has a pretty good level head on her shoulders. But will this give us a Degrassi issue episode?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Maybe it is just a really cool dance studio where rules don't matter. O.o
I just keep thinking that if someone had lit a cigarette in that situation they almost certainly would have been tossed out right on their ass.

I was re-watching one of the recent episodes with the Drew/Not Rob Ford plots (think it was My Hero) and there's a brief moment where Connor announces that he got into Cal Tech. I noticed that Jack was standing next to him with a congratulatory smile. I like that. It was a nice little touch.

And Niamh got one of those "meet..." videos.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

She's in Flare magazine.

So what do we want to see from Jack in season 14? She has to be more than a love interest right??? I love all her interactions with characters but I'd like to see some serious a-plots from her. Any ideas?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

I would love to see her having more dance scene's . She is such a great dancer
Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Something in which she gets busted for smoking inside a building?

I'd have to think a little more about what they can do with her. It's a little hard because she was introduced so late in the game. If nothing else, I do hope they have her branch out away from just being around Imogen, as I agree she's had good chemistry with most everyone she's interacted with.

Niamh was in the Saw franchise? I didn't know that. Then again, the next minute of that franchise I see will be the first. She's got a big enough role in Maps to the Stars that she's on the credit card at the end of the trailer. It will be interesting to see how much attention she gets from that movie.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think it'd be interesting to see her get arrested. I wonder how Imogen and Becky (the two people with whom she seems to have bonded most) would react. I doubt Imogen would really mind, but I'm not sure what Becky would do.

Then again, I'm not really sure if they'd have an arrest with Luke already in jail.

I guess you can say I'm just hoping Jack doesn't maintain her current status as merely a plot device for romantic attraction from other characters, i.e. Imogen's, and for Clare to affirm the fact that she doesn't like women.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is a weird character for me, because when she was first introduced in 13C, I wasn't a huge fan. Hated how she dressed and how she kept her hair. Everything in the last block with her was fantastic. She was interesting and funny with Claire, when she let her hair down in the dance episode, turns out she's gorgeous, and 100% of the interactions with Imogen were really human and interesting. She's got a charm to her that can't be manufactured, it's just there. She's funny, somewhat interesting and an absolute treat to have around because the rest of the seniors, outside of Becky, are painful.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Niamh was in the Saw franchise? I didn't know that. Then again, the next minute of that franchise I see will be the first. She's got a big enough role in Maps to the Stars that she's on the credit card at the end of the trailer. It will be interesting to see how much attention she gets from that movie.
I'm pretty sure I've seen Saw 3 (as I recall it was really depressing). You should check out the 1st. I liked the 2nd too. Seems like Niamh has gotten a lot of work...I wonder what other projects I've missed her in.

Maybe a storyline for Jack could be where she wants to get into some prestigious dance school and handles the pressure in the wrong way?
Old 09-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

I saw her in Rookie blue she was playing good in character in that show