Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Ice Hounds #1: They're vulgar, homophobic and destructive. So, what of it?

Okay, so I admit that maybe I am starting this out of spite, but I'm sick of Degrassi going so far out of its way to tell me who I am and who I'm not supposed to like.

So, for now on, I'm going to like the hockey team. All of them.

Dallas
Luke
Cam
The Hanson brother wannabe twins- and boy do they need a nickname.
Owen

Post your positive thoughts for all things Ice Hounds here.

And in the mean time, maybe we can give them some ideas on how to get back at the rest of the school.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
I'm sick of Degrassi going so far out of its way to tell me who I am and who I'm not supposed to like.

Based on what I saw tonight, Ice Hounds all the way.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Glad I'm not the only one.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love hockey therefore I like the IceHounds.

If I were to compare them to real hockey players

Mike Dallas=Jarome Iginla

Campbell=Sidney Crosby/Jordan Eberle/Jeff Skinner/Ryan Nugent-Hopkins combined

Luke=Staal Brothers (anyone of them. Craig Arnold is the missing fifth brother lol)

Ginger twins Bo & Ingvar=Daniel & Henrik Sedin

I'm not sure who to compare Owen to--is he supposed to be a goon? An agitator
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I get the feeling Owen's biggest contribution might be keeping the bench warm.

Since the Degrassi people are all about trending on Twitter during episodes, I would love if it we had enough people to get #TeamIceHounds trending. But, I know we're into that distinct minority, so that won't happen.

That's okay, though. I'm used to going against the grain of the majority when it comes to TV show fan bases, this one included.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Extreme Fan

^
Speaking of which, why is Owen even on the show if they aren't going to give him a role? As he is linked to Tristan (niners) and the Ice Hounds, (and apparently Drianca and Imogen...) he should be around a little more.

When I first hear about the Ice Hounds coming to Degrassi, I was pretty unexcited. To my surprise, I actually think this has been the best introduction of characters en masse ever (compare to season 7 Lakehurst merger and season 8 niner intro) They just fit in a natural way, and they have been tied in well with other parts of the show. Cam is friends with the niners, Luke has Becky, an Dallas has interacted with Clare, Katie, and Fiona. Combined with their scenes together has a team, this has done a nice job of integrating them thoroughly into the show.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Passionate Fan

And Degrassi didn't let us down. The HUGE COMEBACK the Ice Hounds planned... was locking Tristan in a closet. :sigh of relief: So they didn't go the completely evil root and actually remembered that these were regular high school guys and not the devil's spawn (though I will admit that I was waiting for one of them to gun down Eli while the audience was clapping for him).

And Dallas was in the new TeenNick promo so that means they aren't gone right?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was definitely worried about what the IceHounds were planning on Tristan. Like hot_vanilla said they were high schoolers. If they were to do something extremely hateful and drastic, they would be in bigger trouble, not only with the school, Simpson, LGBT club but with the hockey coach, GM, the sponsors of the team and whatever league they play in.

I think they only act douchey when they wear those jackets. They're only humanized when they wear the team hoodies. The jackets are cursed

ETA: I know who Owen reminds me of!! This guy!
Is it sad that I didn't even know he played for my Leafs a few seasons ago *facepalm* lol

Last edited by Eva Diva; 08-16-2012 at 09:22 PM Reason: Added video link. I can't embed. Derp
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, those evil jerks locking poor Tristan in a room. I've never seen anyone do anything so bad.

Except for the very first episode of Degrassi Junior High.

And maybe once or twice since.

But, none of those jerks played hockey.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Ha! True about locking someone in a room. Fiona locked up Holly J too in the Manhattan movie and caused (almost? I can't remember) her to miss that...tv thingie.

I like them! I still need a guide to tell who is who though. I'm relieved to know that there is a set of twins...or everyone else thinks they are twins. Whatever.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I hope we get to see the Ice Hounds doing more damage in the upcoming episodes.

With the lockout over, they should be in a good mood.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I thought of the Ice Hounds during last nights Bruins vs Leafs game. Holy crap was that intense. Do you think that we will continue to see the hockey team or was it just used to move Cam's storyline forward? They were used to create tension among other students though...can you see this continuing? What are other ways that the team can be used? I really hope we continue to see them!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder how Rocky is going to effect Dallas' commitment to the team. I get the feeling he might have to choose one or the other at somepoint, assuming that this teen parent story will be handled better than Mia's haha.

Another interesting thought that popped into my head is how to the press in Toronto would react to Cam? I noticed after Rusty Cage, the kid was swarmed with cameras after the hockey game, obviously showing he held a reputation around there. I could see Dallas getting really pissed off if the local news tried to pry him for information or maybe even tried to unintentionally blame him? (Not saying Dallas deserves that AT ALL of course!)

Overall, I see the Ice Hounds continuing to be bullies (at least Luke). I'm curious if one of the new characters will be involved with these guys or not?

So yeah, just random elaborate plot ideas that pop into my head... hahaha.
TRWP991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I wonder if they'll just push Dallas towards student council stuff and away from the Ice Hounds now that they're not going to shake things up like last summer and their best player is no longer living? We'll see.

And if that does happen I have no idea what will become of Luke.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Guess who finally watched Rusty Cage?

Now I really really want some follow up with the Ice Hounds after Cam's suicide. I want to see how it impacted the team as a whole. I can see how they might feel like they put too much pressure on him and have guilt over that. I really enjoyed the scene where they punished Cam for skipping practice because it did seem a bit cruel but at the same time it really seemed like something that would happen. It's like what they do to new army recruits during drills you know? I've always heard that creates a bond among them. So I get that sense of how the hounds feel like it would cement their brotherhood. But at the same time it is so (delightfully) tragic because they have no idea how severe Cam's depression and anxiety is. I can't help but think that if he had been allowed to quit hockey, his life could have been saved even though I know his issues were much deeper than that. I just love all that complexity.