Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Passionate Fan

"I Want Candy" Episode Discussion

Plot: ( Taken from the Spoiler thread. ) Paige and Spinner decide that the only way to get through the end of the school year is to take a day off to blow off some steam. While they play hookie for one day, Ashley has been staying home from school for several days because she is very unhappy, if not depressed. Lucky for Ashley, Paige comes to the rescue and despite Spinner's protests, she twists Ashley's arm and makes her come along with them for a day of school-free fun. Ashley is having trouble getting over all of the troubles she has been through in the last year, with one disaster after the other, with her tempestuous relationship with Craig and Terri's run-in with an abusive boyfriend, just to name a few. As far as she's concerned, Degrassi is cursed. Ashley is mired in self-pity until Paige lays it on the line and tells her that she takes everything too seriously. There are much worse things than a broken heart. She should lighten up. Paige bluntly tells Ashley that she can't escape her problems by running away. Something seems to sink in for Ashley, and her spontaneous Elvis impersonation at the mall seems to indicate she might not run away after all.

Emma discovers Mr. Simpson’s will and fears the worst.
konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Banned

I can't wait to see this show.... I love Ash but I dont understand... we all had teenage problems.... She may need some drugs..... the doc kind
LivingInTheOCsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Eh, maybe. I think she was just going through a tough time. I think she's been handling her problems pretty well, I mean she could have done things a lot worse.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode. The subplot was more my favorite because I love Emma and her relationship with Snake. But I thought Ashley was so funny at the end with her impression and then how she was happy again.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Bee Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked the subplot more than the actual plot, which was kind of surprising because I usually don't. The regular plot was still enjoyable because it had plenty of Paige/Spinner and of course, Ashley being happy at the end. I'd like to see more of happy Ashley than depressed Ashley.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Bumping this up because the episode aired tonight.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Bee Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Extreme Fan

ok just watched it, i loooved it!!

i was so so impressed with miriam, she did an amazing job in this eppy

everytime paige smacked the crap outta spinner i just cracked up

and ashley is fine...for now *sigh*

hooray for degrassi!!
Old 07-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Passionate Fan

josie21612, I agree with you 100%. Miriam did a *wonderful* job tonight. She really had me choking up during her talk with Snake. Then, the ending scene was just soooo sweet.

Also, that Emma and Alex (Hey...isn't that the name of that movie...that kinda sucky movie?...) fight was nothing to snivel at. They really went it at. I thought it was more brutal than any of Sean's fights. Who knew Emma had it in her! She kinda kicked Alex's butt (Alex got a shot in but if you noticed it was Alex who kept getting held up against the lockers). Emma completely had the upper hand.

Also, thank goodness for the return of Happy!Ashley. I liked seeing her just laugh at the end of the episode. It was cute.

((grumble, grumble for the-n skipping another week))

icon ♥
EvaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:26 PM
Passionate Fan

The first time I watched it, I got teary-eyed towards the end. That was a bit unexpected, but I'm glad Snake's doing better. Miriam was great in this episode and if they do another crash course, I think that fight would definitely rank pretty high on the list.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Ok...so just finished watching the second airing of Degrassi. I missed it earlier due to medication I'm taking.

To see Dylan's face when Paige was driving away his car. He looked like he wanted to cry or run after his car. Poor guy!

Spinner faking a cold to skip with Paige was priceless especially when he drank the hot tea so Kendra had no evidence that he was faking it.

In the beginning, I was like oh god, why did they call Ash or aka Miss Misery. She seems to have this black cloud of gloom over that she put there herself. I thought it was wrong when she ran out of Terri's hospital room when she saw her scar. I know hospital's aren't everyone's thing but still, she has been avoiding seeing her for like forever. I hope she can make it up to Terri.

"I'll have what ever you have on tab." Spinner, you sweet but dumb boy. Your underage. You look underage. Work on the excuses but you still get points for the effort on trying.

"Three gingerales it is."

OMG!! I started laughing when they freaked out about Radich (sp?) but honestly, I'm wondering who the chick was with him. Hmm.... But talk about brave...leaving the restaurant with out paying. And, I wonder what they were watching. It was so priceless to see Spin and trembling chin. How cute!

I was happy when Paige finally told Ash that she needed to get overself. She should be awarded and Spin. He put the nail in that depression coffin. Hopefully, for awhile. No offense, I used to like ASh but then she got so damn overdramatic about life and then she got on my nerves.

Now, Emma going at it with Alex. Damn! Didn't think she had it in her to step up. But I have to give her credit. She sure put up a fight and probably would have wupped her ass if they hadn't been broken up. But I especially love the look of shock on Alex's face when Emma pulled her away from her locker or should I say yanked and then when Emma's knee connected with her face.

I'm glad that Snake is going through remission. Hopefully good times ahead fot them!

Can't wait for the next ep but damnit if we have to wait two weeks!
Old 07-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Supreme Fan

The fight was awesome, emma totally kicked alex's ass, I wish sean could have seen the fight though. Miriam did an amazing job. I figured the song "I want candy" was going to be used, but I guess not....why was the episode even called that? All in all, I liked this episode.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EvaBlue
Emma completely had the upper hand.
Totally. When I saw it I was so impressed when she kneed her in the face. I was on the phone with my best friend, not really paying any attention to her, all of my senses where full on my tv, and it went "Go Emma!". and my friend said "Xio. Go watch tv, bye" and she hung up on me. Anyways, she knows how I get with Degrassi. [I remember last summer when they aired the first "Every episode ever" marathon, my best friend's parents where away on vacation and she was left home alone and I came home everysingle night of that weekend cause she doesn't have The-N at her house. ]
Quote:
((grumble, grumble for the-n skipping another week))
WHy are they doing that? What's happening next week that they're not airing Degrassi?
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
¤}{îÖ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Poptart
I wish sean could have seen the fight though.
It would've been so interesting to see Sean's reaction to that fight. His sweet ex-girlfriend hitting some other girl (yes, i refuse to acknowledge that Alex & Sean were a couple) and him cheering her along!
Quote:
I figured the song "I want candy" was going to be used, but I guess not....why was the episode even called that?
I have the exact same question. And absolutely no clue why it was called that.
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
¤}{îÖ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Extreme Fan

about the "i want candy" thing,

i read on TvTome that like in the next episode...the ellie/sean one they were going to dance to "i want candy"

that still makes no sense to me...but maybe they confused themselves??
Old 07-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I saw Our House already and Ellie and Sean dance, but not to I Want Candy. I really doubt they'd play that song at one of their parties.
Reply   Post New Thread