Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecrystals (View Post)
I hope that the writers appreciate the fact that fans fill in all the details to make everything logical-- I doubt they really think about all these intricacies of character OH WELL. Luckily for them it all falls into place... at least with Palex.

awww, welcome back turkey. aw. turkey. what an affectionate thing to call someone TEEHEE.
i agree. palex is being handled quite well from what i've seen so far. i love that they're not rushing them into a relationship, but letting it bulid and when the time is right they'll go for the moment to make them lovey dovey. hopefully forever...
Paige/Alex, Hope/Liam, Fred/Stacy, Jacob/Bella, Aster/Vivian, Sophie/Vivian, Sean/Ellie, Spinner/Jane, Jennifer/Needy, Kyle/Fish, Antonio/Layla, Bo/Hope, EJ/Sami, Brady/Chloe, Sonny/Brenda, Whitley/Dwayne

beautiful icon by: doleikita
Old 03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Buildup! Something I truly appreciate! Giving them time to find their way back... it's so much better that way

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatina15 (View Post)
Buildup! Something I truly appreciate! Giving them time to find their way back... it's so much better that way
yeah i think spinner is gonna see right through paige in LMW, and he's going to be convinced she's still in love with alex. which could probably explain jesse's involvement in that episode.
Paige/Alex, Hope/Liam, Fred/Stacy, Jacob/Bella, Aster/Vivian, Sophie/Vivian, Sean/Ellie, Spinner/Jane, Jennifer/Needy, Kyle/Fish, Antonio/Layla, Bo/Hope, EJ/Sami, Brady/Chloe, Sonny/Brenda, Whitley/Dwayne

Old 03-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticintentions (View Post)
yeah i think spinner is gonna see right through paige in LMW, and he's going to be convinced she's still in love with alex. which could probably explain jesse's involvement in that episode.
Oh, don't even get me started on the love hexadecagon from hell that's on it's way... I just hope all turns out well for Palex.

malia tate
Old 03-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh, don't even get me started on the love hexadecagon from hell that's on it's way... I just hope all turns out well for Palex.
i sure hope it will, lol.

but you know another thing is good about this episode it gave out a good reason why paige is at banting to begins with. she's doing because of her mom and make her proud, instead of herself. i never found paige to be a book worm, maybe popular worm, but never book, lol. that's another reason why she wanted alex to go with her because she probably had this feeling she wasn't going to make it through banting by herself.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm hoping they scratch that love hexagon and just skip straight to the reunion in part 2!

I love how they share all these important details of their life with each other and root for each other along the way. Alex seemed so excited to join Paige at Banting and tell her how well she's turned everything around. If Paige didn't hate it there, she'd probably be thrilled to have Alex around all the time. I'm SO looking forward to seeing how Paige will deal with Alex's, ahem, issues.

Please, remember me,
happily
Old 03-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Who would have thought, after the way things ended, here we'd be almost a year later, after cursing up a storm about them breaking up, we'd be getting a build up to a reunion. I have a feeling TPTB never really understood how well Palex would go over. And after seeing the fandom support them so much, they decided to reunite them. Plus we know Deanna and Lauren like working together too

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Ah! Casandra! Your avie!

Palex was over almost as soon as they began last season. I don't think they were expecting so much fan support as they did. They left us wanting more! And I'm glad we're getting it. With buildup no less!

malia tate
Old 03-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Ah! Casandra! Your avie!

Palex was over almost as soon as they began last season. I don't think they were expecting so much fan support as they did. They left us wanting more! And I'm glad we're getting it. With buildup no less!
oh man, they couldn't just end them like that. no way. they're relationship is wayyy different from other same sex couples. i know for me, when i see them together, i don't see two girls i see two people which great.

a lot of show focus too hard on if they're gay, bi, straight or indifference. both with them it's so natural. i can't explain it.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Well you figure, they had entirely shot and wrapped the fifth season before Lexicon of Love even aired. So there was no way to change the ending. I guess they saw how popular Palex was in the interim, so when they were mapping out this season, they saw the opportunity to put them back together. Thank God!

Heh, glad ya'll like the icon. I've been having fun Palex-ing my LJ tonight. Here's my new header

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 03-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Love that banner.

I agree with everything ya'll have been saying. I hope they don't rush into it I want to see some build up it's always better that way.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra (View Post)
Well you figure, they had entirely shot and wrapped the fifth season before Lexicon of Love even aired. So there was no way to change the ending. I guess they saw how popular Palex was in the interim, so when they were mapping out this season, they saw the opportunity to put them back together. Thank God!
yeah i think since season 4 the writers have had this idea of having palex because they saw something there. when you look back at that season and look at various episodes like king of pain, islands in the stream, modern love (where alex gave that jealous look about paige being with matt, lol), etc, you could really see the chemistry then.

it's one alex icon on there i like from your LJ page with the same pic and the heart, may i use it, please.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

That's a good point Cas, the whole season was in the can before the Palex story arc even aired on CTV and so I would assume that they decided to let it play out and have an open-ended finale just in the case that the relationship was well recieved. You could have taken the hug in "High Fidelity Pt 2" as a sign that feelings were still there or you could have taken it as they're still going to be friends regardless of what happened between them.

Of course then you had Lexicon of Love premiere to the highest ratings ever for a Degrassi episode and there was massive pimping of Palex on The-N when those episodes aired here in the states. Palex was everywhere and even the toughest of critics were saying there was something special about this pairing and the chemistry between the girls felt so realistic and natural instead of some sweeps stunt to pull in viewers.

I don't think TPTB ever thought Palex would be as popular, I think they were just looking for something to do with Paige and the knew there was good chemistry between Lauren and Deanna and decided to go with it. I think they were somewhat scared that the old fans wouldn't accept the relationship, hence why Paige slept with Spinner in the end of Season Five. I guess it was a little condolence to the fans of that pairing and it will be again when they go out in the next couple of episodes, but it's just a date and ultimatly TPTB know that Palex worked and they're doing what they can to reunite them since the fans enjoy it.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

wow, great point!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

And while I think it would be nice if TPTB saw potential with Palex back in season four, I honestly don't believe that a romantic relationship between the girls was in the making.

I think they basically wanted to do a lesbian storyline and Lauren expressed interest is doing it so they paired her up with a logical partner in Alex seeing as they had a history, the chemistry was already there and both girls were up for the task.

I just think if Palex had always been planned then you wouldn't have had Alex making such a big deal about Marco's being gay in "King Of Pain" unless it was some sort of denial in her character and TPTB were being subtle.